Live & Die by the sword....

SvenFoster said:
nice..

...I hope to make enough money to live out my life long dream of buying one of those electric roadsweepers(the green ones mind with a seat on the back) and spend my days keeping the streets clean, like a superhero of sorts.

"who was that masked green blur, that carefully manovered around that parambulator "

"wherever there is sh*te i'll be there."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ok, market has died, and im outta here.. closed short at 1.7708 for +76

making +115 for the day. Shabba!

overall score:

Trades:6
Wins:4
Cum Profit: +182

it'll never last....... :rolleyes:

FC

and look at it sell off further as soon as i closed..

i never cease to amaze myself in this respect..

FetteredChinos said:
and look at it sell off further as soon as i closed..

i never cease to amaze myself in this respect..

if its any consolation, I was SHORT EURUSD, and closed out for the day at 1.2043, with a profit of 34 pips.
It is currently at 1.1943 !!! a HUNDRED difference.

by the law of averages, you will get the next big move.
the market will still be there next week.

dont worry trendie. it one of my many psychological defects. must just accept it at move on.

shouldnt really complain about 115 pips. £575 should see me through enough cheap hookers this weekend..

toodle-oo everyone. have a good weekend.

FC

shhh, dont say that...we know Barjon is rather fat-phingered..

right, deffo out the door now.

ciao bellos et bellas

hmm, shouldnt be really trading today as the moves are likely to be a bit thin owing to the US festivities today..

but thought i would give things a go anyway. coin came up heads, so long from 1.7634. stop at 1.7584 at the mo...

FC,

what mechanism do you use to decide to flip the coin ?

the coin is random, but is the decision to lfip random also ?

PS: I am 65 down on the USDCHF, and it isnt even brunch !

its not got long left Joules. not long at all. dip until early August IMHO, then up to october/november, then down into spring 2006.

at least thats what various cycles point to...

the flip is done as soon as i get the trading platform fired up, or as soon as possible after getting stopped out.

in theory, it doesnt matter when the entry is.. i could do just 1 trade per day, but because FX is open slightly longer than the futures, i can get 2 decent stabs in during daylight hours. its the exit, not the entry that matters..

Am I right in thinking that all your secondary flips to date have been the reverse of the original? Kinda like running a SAR strat ATM.

G-Man

i know g-man, i commented on that on Friday.. im not fixing this honest!!!

Trendie is your man for S&R flip strats.. i think he had mixed success on the Dow, but that whips around too much for trend following on the short timescales..

FetteredChinos said:
i know g-man, i commented on that on Friday.. im not fixing this honest!!!

Trendie is your man for S&R flip strats.. i think he had mixed success on the Dow, but that whips around too much for trend following on the short timescales..

I found the S&R is much improved if you run 2 trades. One trend-following, the other proft-target related.
I found that approach better than just trend-following, as you make profits on both ranging and trending situations.
But, I had concluded that the strategy is fine, but pure-mechanical isnt good enough.

I am finding 75% mechanical, and 25% discretionary, may be better.
( other chart-patterns, trend-lines, etc, come into play. Its difficult to quantify, "feel", or general state of the market ).

stop moved to 1.7620..

now its make or break time..

will it sink now its broken the overnight low? i think Phil (aka Newtron Bomb) would be looking for a retest of the previous low before shorting...

ah, the random factor works its way back..

stopped out for -36, and -86 for the day :(

overall score:

Trades:8
Wins:4
Cum Profit: +96

back to slightly more realistic performance...

could have been worse, could have been better..

fc