Live & Die by the sword....

1.7782 at the moment and making good ground - let's hope it continues like this.

The beers will be on you tonight then?

lol possibly.. i have to take it easy as i have to perform more heroics at cricket tomorrow, but perhaps saturday night ;)

how did you get on with the Dow last night? did you sit out the spikes on the FOMC announcement?

Didn't do much yesterday. Bad cold at the moment. Sat in at the beginning of the Dow and took 17 points, but then left it for the evening and nursed the cold - drop of malt whisky worked wonders! ;)

Looks like rejection at 17800 resistance is sending the market looking for your stop FC.

Nice call on the FTSE by the way.

G-Man

hmm its looking like a pump and dump day on the Dow again chaps..

remember, a close at the LOD is initially bullish as folks cover shorts in the overnight session. and vice versa.

see what the direction is at 3.30 before thinking of going long.

FC

btw G-man.. any news on that Market Matrix review?

its is loosely based around confluence of time fibs (both calendar and trading days) and elliot wave measured moves etc?

thats what im guessing its based on judging by various calls made by the MM boys, and some of their terminology.

FC

I would hold onto that Cillit-Bang coin - I think it knows it's stuff.

Whatever you do - don't spend it at the pub tonight!

That's what I have you at on my chart - cutting it close there, but I think you will be ok.

Moving up again now. If it were me I would be looking to get out at 1.7825 if it gets up that price again - take the profits and run - its Friday after all.

i see where you are coming from Jilly, but this random method can probably only work by letting the big runners ride. after all, if you bail out at 50 because it "looks good", then you can miss out on the 200+ moves that are vital.

im gonna test the basic random entry like this for a while, then perhaps for August i will use some divergance based exit rather than just the simple trailing stop loss..

and there we go.. stopped out for +39

tails came up (yet to have two calls in a row.. hmm. must be a dodgy coin)

short from 1.7784 stop at 1.7834 and trailing

FC

FetteredChinos said:
its is loosely based around confluence of time fibs (both calendar and trading days) and elliot wave measured moves etc?

thats what im guessing its based on judging by various calls made by the MM boys, and some of their terminology.

FC

Its based on time (fibs) ...To hit the delta turn points, Elliott is used on the pricing side...

FetteredChinos said:
lol i know that CJ. i was just trying to fish some more info out on the sly...

:cheesy:

Like what...??? thats basically it..
:cheesy: :cheesy:

Sorry FC and any others who was waiting on my MM review.

I have been focussing a lot more time recently on fully automated FX trading, so I have not been able to go through the MM CD's again yet, as they run to about 6 hours. I felt that after just looking at it once it wouldn't be fair to do a review based on one viewing, (from this you may be able to guess that it was not going to be particularly favourable). Also, as I have such a mental block on Elliott I really needed to look at this again from other source material.

It has regenerated some if my interest in Fib levels though, and I have been looking for more clustering than I used to. It is still on my to do list.

G-Man

yup i was.. was stopped out at +39 , still in 2nd trade of the day, short from 1.7784, stop at 1.7816 currently.

dont worry about the MM review though. i was just after an impartial gist really, and i get that from your tone already. fibs are useful, but only as confirmaton. trying to trade blindly of fib retracement levels is opening a huge can of whoop-ass.

am interested in automated FX trading though.. u using an API? or something like fxcm and their automated services?

FC