Live & Die by the sword....

FetteredChinos said:
its at 1.7958 so if i were to get stopped out, i would be basically B/e for the day..

trend still looks down.

fc
thanks, i guess i'd know that if i'd read your thread properly.. ...and i wonder why i can't make any money.

B/e is still better than my days usually are. are you willing to sell the coin? or provide a signalling service?

lol.. amusant.. :)

i can sell you this old 2p for 1p if you want. it needs a bit of Cillit Bang, but with a bit of love and attention it will be back to its former glory in no time..

FetteredChinos said:
lol.. amusant.. :)

i can sell you this old 2p for 1p if you want. it needs a bit of Cillit Bang, but with a bit of love and attention it will be back to its former glory in no time..
:idea: I would double my money... whoo hooo.. all i need now is to buy a £2 can of Cillit Bang.

Sven, FC,

my extensive studies on coins has shown that the Spanish 500-peseta coin is the best one for intra-day trading.
you have to use different coins depending on your time-frame.
( the old-fashioned half-crown works a treat on the Dax 30-min bars )

beware of system-sellers pushing coins that dont work. !!
:) :) :)

thanks for the tip trendie..

if things dont work out, i may have to rely on the old Buttered-Toast flipping method. first entry of the day depends on whether my morning slice lands butter side up or down.

any other suggestions gratefully received.

FetteredChinos said:
thanks for the tip trendie..

if things dont work out, i may have to rely on the old Buttered-Toast flipping method. first entry of the day depends on whether my morning slice lands butter side up or down.

any other suggestions gratefully received.
you can seriously improve your odds by strapping a cat to it.

edit: no cats were harmed backtesting this..

Last edited:
coins are a thing of the past, you want to attend my seminar "the secrets of the RAND calculator button" It only costs £6000 (plus you get a free pen). And as an extra incentive, you get my free report "entry and exit signal from pooh sticks".

I read somewhere that randomness can't be programmed into the RAND button or the RAND function in Excel so that it is truely random. Best stick to the coin, just in case. Can I select a random date, random teacher and random cost for the course?

danfreek said:
coins are a thing of the past, you want to attend my seminar "the secrets of the RAND calculator button" It only costs £6000 (plus you get a free pen). And as an extra incentive, you get my free report "entry and exit signal from pooh sticks".
==============================================================
Can he pay by coins? :LOL: :cheesy: for the seminar :LOL: By intalments from the profits generated? :rolleyes:

Of course you can choose a random cost, but, I'm affraid that the returns policy also follows random payouts and the chance of me turning up is completely 50/50.

But back to FC's project, it's interesting that in 2 consecutive days the method has given a positive result. I wonder what would happen if you could link the size of the trailing stop to ATR or something to try to optimise it to the market, rather than a meaningless number (assuming the 50 pip stop doesn't have a specific reason of its own).

the 50pt ATR is approx 3x the ATR of 15 min charts. which is a fair enough reason.

ive looked back over some data, and whilst the daily ATR fluctuates a bit, the intraday bars dont vary quite so much.

its also easier to manually move a 50 point stop, rather than a 43 point stop etc. (too much menthol arithmetic)

lol, on a basis of 4 trades i wouldnt hold my breath..

if i can get say 8 winners out of 20 and overall a net profit after a couple of weeks, then i will be satisfied.

the small profit i have can easily be wiped out in no time..

its a good discipline exercise though.

there are many ways to skin a toin-cossing cat.

bulldozer said:
==============================================================
Can he pay by coins? :LOL: :cheesy: for the seminar :LOL: By intalments from the profits generated? :rolleyes:

So you too had the email today from Goldline!!
Glad to know I'm not the only one. :D

Right, im picking my ball up and going home. this market is going sideways for longer than i can bear to watch. might miss out on points at 7.15, might save points. 50/50 decision, and these things even up over time.

closed short at 1.7931 for + 73 to make +23 for the day

overall score:

Trades:4
Wins:2
Cum Profit: 67

looking ok thus far...

FC :)

Looks like the coin has made a good choice this time.

What exit point are you looking for - or just taking what you can by close of play today?

as for an exit point... well the main/only exit is by a trailing stop. or if not stopped out, then take what i have at approx 6pm.. the evening sessions are usually a bit "turd" for want of a better word, and whip all over the place.

if i get stopped out after about 3pm or so, i won't re-enter as the position probably wont have enough time to work before things die down for the evening.

thats basically it...

im trialling this on cable, but it it works successfully over a substantial number of trades i might move onto uncorrelated pairs and dream of early retirement lol.. :)

FC