Best Thread Live Cable Trading

ChowClown said:
...interesting day for Hans123's breakout strat on Cable and EUR/USD. Might be of interest to the 'breakfast club' http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/fo...439&page=1&pp=8

Both EUR/USD Buy entries hit for +160 (+80 profit target hit on both triggers).
Both Cable Buy entries hit and currently +80 and +95 a piece (stoplosses at BE; 120 pip targets for Cable). November's pip tally up until today has been fairly flat though (+60 odd from memory).

The method (similar to JT's Spot On BO work) is averaging 600 pips per month since March '05 and currently has a max drawdown of 460 pips. People over there beavering away with Metatrader Experts to automate it, but simple enough to trade manually. Worth keeping an eye on perhaps.

The link doesn't work... :(

Today sure like like a key reversal day for me on cable, but then I've said that before.

If it isn't, and worth a couple of hundred pips at least to 17500, then I'll eat my pants. (English pants that is, not American).

G-Man

badtrader said:
I fade that, your stop is my target and you target is my stop

1.7297 Target ?? If that comes off today I'm a dutchman.

Edit:- Clogs and tulips on standby

Edit2:- Top marks again Mr Badtrader

Last edited:
Here we go, here we go, here we go.

Who said last week watch our for some cable strength, COT's, weekly divergence, me buying.....

Me!!!

If only I could walk as well as I can talk I could be playing golf with Buffett. Well, cards, don't do golf.

G-Man

Livermore said:
abobtrader,

Why do you trade so many pairs? And how do you trade the news?

Hi Livermore, just got back...I don't normally trade so many pairs at once. The only reason I entered in to the USD basket trade was to exploit the fact that my view was essentially a USD view, and I didn't want the trade to go belly up due to non-US country specifics. As it is, the trade went against me on USD specifics. That's why I felt comfortable tightening my stop on EUR/USD. I would have closed out for a small loss but I held on, as this would have been the 10th successive victory for the ABOB Portfolio. Alas, it looks like it is not to be. Can't win them all, eh. Still, the Portfolio stands strong.

Re trading the news and trading in general I employ a variety of strategies...right now I am working on a project assessing the likelihood of retracements from initial over-reactions. Its simply an issue of harvesting the charts as the months go by. I think I'll know whether there is value in this in about 4 - 6 months. Other than that, I like to assess the data and the state of the market, and then I take a position. Have to say though, I usually stay out of the market on a lot of data releases...but an assessment is important as it all adds up to the bigger picture.

: )

abobtrader said:
Hi Livermore, just got back...I don't normally trade so many pairs at once. The only reason I entered in to the USD basket trade was to exploit the fact that my view was essentially a USD view, and I didn't want the trade to go belly up due to non-US country specifics. As it is, the trade went against me on USD specifics. That's why I felt comfortable tightening my stop on EUR/USD. I would have closed out for a small loss but I held on, as this would have been the 10th successive victory for the ABOB Portfolio. Alas, it looks like it is not to be. Can't win them all, eh. Still, the Portfolio stands strong.

Re trading the news and trading in general I employ a variety of strategies...right now I am working on a project assessing the likelihood of retracements from initial over-reactions. Its simply an issue of harvesting the charts as the months go by. I think I'll know whether there is value in this in about 4 - 6 months. Other than that, I like to assess the data and the state of the market, and then I take a position. Have to say though, I usually stay out of the market on a lot of data releases...but an assessment is important as it all adds up to the bigger picture.

: )

Hi abobtrader. Yes, I can see you are more a long-term trader than I am, but why not trade the big news right on - with a tight stop? I'm sure you know what news are important, and which not. Do you have an opinion about Hans' Breakout Strategy (there's a link from Kaffee at 1493), which should remind about our Big Ben strategy? PS. I will now follow your excellent blog - maybe you should update every day?

one day I actually spend working, ( ie, not lookign at screen ), and the market rises around 200 pips!
I thought somebody shot the Pres.

Anybody get a good chunk of that move ?

G-Man said:
Here we go, here we go, here we go.

Who said last week watch our for some cable strength, COT's, weekly divergence, me buying.....

Me!!!

If only I could walk as well as I can talk I could be playing golf with Buffett. Well, cards, don't do golf.

G-Man

hehe.. should be plenty of time to climb aboard for swing :)

so what do we have?

1) Deeply oversold cable.
2) Dumb money short as ronnie corbet.
3) LT technicals look awfull (to me included btw ;))
4) Last weeks high taken out (depending on whos charts you watch,, fxcm high @ 74)

What o we got imo!? a situation thats ripe for cable longs for the next or month or three.. with any bloody luck!!!..

Will it stick....?

The old trading adage “the bigger the fall, the broader the bottom” often comes true, and several rally attempts may fail before one ‘sticks’….

Todays upside effort could be the start of a decent cable correction, but maybe we’ll see a pullback to form a higher low which could be a good long entry point…

Apparently, cable often has its own ‘Santa Rally’ in December, and if it breaks through the top channel trendline at 1.7500ish, the target could be a test of October resistance in the high 1.7800’s imho…

(if it falls through 1.7050, I’ll have to put off that Xmas shopping trip to the Big Apple… ;) )

Attachments

• 28-11-05.gif
    28-11-05.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 155
wow...

i was expecting 'some' dollar weakness, but this is strange...i doubt if the data that came out would make such an impact.

i'm thinking about shorting cable, have already shorted eur on test of 4hr channel, will continue to add shorts until 1925-1950 area. as for cable will wait and see what it does around 9375 - 9475 before doing anything. i don't feel good about these trades by the way :rolleyes: .

will also look at shorting aussie.