Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Long at 97, target 33, sl 80. Pretty iffy, depends if 2600 holds and makes a nice bounce before heading more to the south...

Oopsy, got stopped out at 80: -17: +9

profit taken on short will put long orders in at 248 and 193 and go enjoy the weather

zuke said:
First Trade of the week, and a risk y one.

Long 308
Stop 281
Targets 329 (2 lots), 342 (3 lots), 363 (2 lots) and 407 (3 lots)

N.B. this NOT part of my 5 min strat

Stop out for -27..that confirms to me that I should stick to my 5 min strat!!

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Thanks for the news trading link, Baruch. Been following that thread too for a while. Just trying to get a baseline performance of this simple BO method with these trades (variation of Hans' BO posted on SBFX) - no discretionary filters yet for news, support/resistance, fibs etc.

Your welcome. Here is a new chatroom for news trading (you only have to write your nickname):

http://forex-online-trading-fxkingg.blogspot.com/2006/07/forex-chat.html

You can also trade the news with a system, and get almost 1000 pips every month (you can read the rules in the news trading thread):

http://www.forexnewstrader.com/performance/

Last edited:
short again at 71, out at 67 for 4 pips: +25

Wonder when it'll bottom out and start ranging... off to ze keetchen for a cuppa coffee :D

Think I'll stay out till the news hits at 11 o'clock CET, unless euro does another dive.

Heh, can't seem to write a comment or it moves :cheesy:

Was short at 59, out at 52: +7 --> +32

*in best Britney Spears squeak* Oops, I did it again :eek: Short at 34, right at the bottom. SL at 59, trying hard now to bail at b/e :(

OK, set-up for the news: entry long at 61, SL 45, target 96

Current short at 34, target 14, SL 59, will try and tighten the SL fwiw...

How did your week's trading go,Marmoset?Did it give you the confidence to go full time?

Yep, pretty confident I can take 35 pips a day, no matter what the market's doing. Change over to Oanda took a bit longer than expected, only Thursday and Friday traded real money.

Observations on Oanda: their weekend lasts till 2am CET Monday morning, before that it's the 10pips spread of the weekend, after it's 4 pips during Tokyo. 8am CET it goes to 2.7 theoretically, it's been at 2.8 pips spread the last few days. During major news I've seen it go to 7 and 8 pips, but I don't have a problem with that, getting in and out was a breeze. Happy camper here! :D
Their way of calculating margin (I'm at 50:1 currently) is a bit convoluted, but it's a healthy change from CMS' 400:1 (recipe for disaster, easy to get cocky and then head off the deep side).

Hmm, cable being a bit stubborn to go up. Long at 35.7 (hate those decimals, too much calcs in me 'ead), SL 20, target 60

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Today's vebo:

BUY: 8383.7
SL: 8353.9
TP: 8533.7

SELL: 8349.4
SL: 8379.2
TP: 8196.4

Thanks for the news trading link, Baruch. Been following that thread too for a while. Just trying to get a baseline performance of this simple BO method with these trades (variation of Hans' BO posted on SBFX) - no discretionary filters yet for news, support/resistance, fibs etc.
SELL hit earlier and now out for +150.