Best Thread Live Cable Trading

And blammo, this morning's L70 and L59 (no stop losses :p) closed out at 90: +20 +31: +60 + 51 = +111
S90 (note, 8590, not 8690) most likely got stopped out at 10: -20 + 111 = +91 for the day. Not bad :D

OTOH, now I'm kicking myself for not putting in a S90 (8690)... Need to aim for more consistency there :eek:

Last edited:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight as in :cool: Account looking sexy :cheesy:

Just for the heck of it, went short at 71, closed out at 59 for +12: +123.

The day's been good, I'm cracking a beer and having a private party (music: TransSiberian Orchestra, Wizards of Winter).

Cablewise: Expecting a strong downmove at Tokyo open (I'll be there, don't worry) and still trying to figure out tomorrow's NFP optimal strategy. I mean, it may turn into a comatose London session waiting for the figs... and I'm not around to decide on strategy (buy rumour sell news? sell rumour buy news?) or hop on the elevator to Heaven or Hell...

So, for the moment, I'm enjoying myself watching a cookshow, swigging a brewski and letting the good times roll.

Had enough stress today, tomorrow's another day :devilish:

Last edited:
marmoset said:
Cablewise: Expecting a strong downmove at Tokyo open (I'll be there, don't worry) and still trying to figure out tomorrow's NFP optimal strategy. I mean, it may turn into a comatose London session waiting for the figs... and I'm not around to decide on strategy (buy rumour sell news? sell rumour buy news?) :

Expecting the fall in tokyo open I cannot seem to keep my eyes opened during those times. I will try today may or maynot work but.. I need to go automatic so my system trades it'self :cheesy:

Presenting what could potentially be longer term bullish view on cable.

1.8500 is key to the bearish triangle scenario.

Comments welcome.

Attachments

• gbp01.JPG
    gbp01.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 164
Another view...

My H&S didn't work well this morning and don't normally trade patterns but, all four stand out which, depending on what happens overnnight could see these all forming?

I'll wait till it happens but just a view....

Attachments

• 3.gif
    3.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 137
Chris,

'Hoping' for NFP to act as the catalyst and thus verging with the bulls....

will see...

It will be nice if it does. I think the bulls will/could keep it going further too, although the current estimate (if forex factory is anything to go by) is pro dollar....

Keeping options open as I don't like bias clouding the action...

Just checked the score. -6 pips cumulative for the day on the mechanical limits and stops setups mentioned this morning.

Looking at the momentum when my trades were automatically triggered I'm not 100% sure I would have taken them manually had I been active at the screens.

I guess there are things I do I don't know I do when trading manually that I haven't told my API about yet...

coolTrader said:
Expecting the fall in tokyo open I cannot seem to keep my eyes opened during those times. I will try today may or maynot work but.. I need to go automatic so my system trades it'self :cheesy:

I am short @67 stop @87
Target@37...
Let see how it goes :cool:

Big drop at Tokyo open.... wow... talk about putting my foot squarely in my mouth :eek:

Both cable and euro ranges less than 20 pips :eek: He's dead, Jim!

Long at 69 (break-out), may turn into a bull trap... My first trade of the day is usually crap.

And stopped out at -20. Right, my daily offering's done, I've pushed the proverbial virgin into the vulcano. Now waiting for a good hard rain to come down, for a nice rich harvest of pips. :cheesy:

entry short at 47, target 12 (+35) sl 67 (-20), entry long at 74 (78 ask), target 13 (+35), sl 58 (-20)

Hi Rav,

Niiiice :D Me, down 20, S47 triggered, target 12 not (yet) reached. Spiked minefield, there's an entry long at 12 as well, then an entry short at 90 below, target 60, an entry long at 55 I think, back up to 90.

Let's see how it pans out ;)

Central operating channel 8648/71.

Outer bands at 8616 and 8703.

Bearish still on Daily with a longer timeframe (next 5 days) target of 8821if 8703 is breached today or 8411 if 8616 goes today.

Even with a bearish hat on, based on where I suspect a bunch of longer term stops still remain, I sense a move up to, but probably not much further than the 8703 today before heading South again.

Not trading anything for a while as I'm travelling, but will be checking in from time to time to make sure you're all behaving yourselves. :LOL:

TheBramble said:
Just checked the score. -6 pips cumulative for the day on the mechanical limits and stops setups mentioned this morning.

Looking at the momentum when my trades were automatically triggered I'm not 100% sure I would have taken them manually had I been active at the screens.

I guess there are things I do I don't know I do when trading manually that I haven't told my API about yet...

That is why I could never have a totally mechanical strategy, a fair chunk is reliant primarily on visual observation and 'gut feel' drawn from experience.
Any FX traders employ a totally objective method in their trading a la grey1?

Not too sure if my S47 down to 12 got closed, if so: +35
And if that one got filled, L12 up to 47 was filled too and close for another +35