Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Offshore Trader said:
Marmoset you are a god...hope your orders were filled. Wish I'd followed you!

Them's MonkeyBounce levels. Figured I wasn't going to sit on the sidelines all week just because I have bloody day shift. ;)

If all went well, S33 closed at 08, L08 filled and closed at 43: +25 +35: +60

Doji forming on 5min. 8600 in peril?

Quick post today as I can't watch the FX screens today.

Central operating levels at 8654/68 and outside bands at 8622 and 8700.

Already broken through lower outside band and retracing.

I've set a limit to Buy at 8670 with a stop at 8649 and a limit to Sell 8614 with a stop at 8629.

Both trades set with a trailing 35 pip stop.

The stops not only fit likely S&R but also reflect my downside bias. However, I would never let any bias influence the stop level selection.

I still favour bearish action, but both possibilities covered. (All three actually if you consider neither limit being hit!).

Good trading. See you later.

Heads Up

Good point. Just been asked about my levels.

All my levels are at the Bid (Sell for FX). My API takes the spread and direction into account for limits and stops. Important point to make.

Just makes life a lot easier to think in terms of what's on the screen than to have to mentally adjust for spread.

rising wedge or inverted head and shoulders

anyone, rising wedge or inverted head and shoulders..........

top line of wedge coincides nicely with potential neckline.....worth a nice 70ish pips on break

I can't see what you are all trying to achieve here?

Why would you all pretend to be currency traders. You are all very obviously not.

Very poor.

something for tomorrow

Bored musings...

Ties in nicely with Jacinto's 70 up today...

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 151
jonny.shine said:

Why would you all pretend to be currency traders. You are all very obviously not.

Very poor.
Please, do elaborate....

jonny.shine said:

Very poor.
I am truly humbled by your wise words.

I await your next constructive post, with baited breath.

:cheesy:

TheBramble said:
Good point. Just been asked about my levels.

All my levels are at the Bid (Sell for FX). My API takes the spread and direction into account for limits and stops. Important point to make.

Just makes life a lot easier to think in terms of what's on the screen than to have to mentally adjust for spread.

VERY important point indeed, that's what makes properly calculating limits and stops such a headache. It's what threw me off at the first round of backtesting. Still working on that in MonkeyBounce programming.

jacinto said:
anyone, rising wedge or inverted head and shoulders..........

top line of wedge coincides nicely with potential neckline.....worth a nice 70ish pips on break

wedge appears to be invalid now, inv. H&S could still hold, but now have doubts about it......consolidation taking too long, and pattern not triggered. longer time frames still point south.

jonny.shine said:

Very poor.

It is obviously half-term the kids have come out to play and nothing better to do go and play in the park with the other little boys....now now chop chop make you way there ......... ;)

jonny.shine said:

Very poor.
Hi tm. Just waiting for your other one to chime in.

Originally Posted by jonny.shine

Very poor.

I do not normally write much
But we must be bored to humour this IDIOT

I will try to give some explanation
1.Down Trend
2.Congestion
3.False Break-out
4.Smart money buying
and a trade I did P/L+36 pips
I did not give Cable chart this is better seen on EUR
This can be reversal

Attachments