Best Thread Live Cable Trading

I guess that if the figures are particullaly poor it should dent the dollar but that may well be quickly reversed as there is a realisation that it can only confirm the rumoured 0.5% interest hike. I don't know, just speculating.

As I said I dont usually folow this data
Would appear that in future I should
Thanks for link Eaton , any views??
Time may not be too far off when TICS carries more weight than NFP

eatontrade said:
OK. Just checked the fib levels on move from morning's high to low and I have 61.8% retrace at 7455 (which it just about touched, 54 on my chart). So hopefully (for my short anyway) that retrace in now in place....

Of course I could be talking complete ******** :(

OK back short at 7462. Must say I don't like the way the Euro, yen and Cad are holding up so well and Oanda appears to have a feed problem, no change on my charts for an hour or so now.

mickandpete said:
As I said I dont usually folow this data
Would appear that in future I should
Thanks for link Eaton , any views??
Time may not be too far off when TICS carries more weight than NFP

No views I'm afraid, other than when this data does cause a spike it seems to quite often be back where it was fairly quickly afterwards. No guarantees obviously :)

Hmmm?....5 min. Cable chart.

Any breakouts thus far - before US open, seem top reverse quickly. Any important figures due out today?

Attachments

• monday27.JPG
    monday27.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 145
As I see it then
If Capital inflows cant fund the trade defecit options are
1 Print (more) money/Inflationary
2 Raise interest rates to attract more money/stronger dollar/bigger deficit
3 Do not raise rates/ weaker dollar/ smaller defecit
Too simple I know, any Honours Economic Grads out there
Help please

1) The most likely. Congress is expected to approve (today I think) an increase of something like 800 bln in the treasury deficit so that the treasury have something to auction next week. I think this will make 2) a necessity but the real issue is tackling their deficit. I see yesterday one of the Fed guys was predicting 20 years before it will be resolved. Realistic I think at it has been about that long building up. I think option 3) is to terrible for the US admin to contemplate.

The other alternative of course is to take the course of most politicians world wide. Just ignore the problem because my term finishes before the proverbial hits the fan and then it is someone elses problem.

mickandpete said:
I think someone just farted

guess this is something you could only notice if you use candles ? :cheesy: :cheesy:

seriously, whatever the fundo-eco analysis, surely, you will all wait for the price to move before trading anything ?
I guess my shiny-coin could beat any Hons Grad any day.

Its scary because if the rest of the world have finally stopped funding the US deficits it could be meltdown
Extreme I know but take whatever degrees of hurt you like.
( This was posted in answer to a post which seems to have disappeared)

mickandpete said:
Its scary because if the rest of the world have finally stopped funding the US deficits it could be meltdown
Extreme I know but take whatever degrees of hurt you like.
( This was posted in answer to a post which seems to have disappeared)

the world has already decided they dont want to fund the US deficit.
Hasnt Russia gotten rid of a large proportion of dollar-denominated resources in favour of Euro-denominated ?
Didnt the US try to brow-beat China into revaluing Yuan ( in the US favour, of course )?
( cant remember the upshot of all that )
and doesnt Iran want to sell its oil in Euros ?
nobody wants the dollar.

cant remember the sources of above, but I do know the links were posted on T2W, by twalker as I recall, though I cant be certain.

I should be getting back short here but it's got me wondering now. I will observe for a while.

Uphios said:
I should be getting back short here but it's got me wondering now. I will observe for a while.

Very wise - listless dollar for some reason :confused:

Please help,

If I bring in avarage of 15 pips a day, and win/loss of 7/3, is it: Average weekly return of 0.75% with 1:1 leverage and no compounding and with a max’ drawdown of 0.45%.?

Did not have a good night sleep for to long to calculate it, so please help.

T.

heres a little aside for you
BP has closed at or near 666
Would you deal at this price???
This is not about buying or selling BP but the price 666