Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Can we make sure we take Chris' shoelaces before he goes !
lol Kaffee.... Its nothing a few bevvies won't cure, next week is a new week :LOL:

right stopped out...-96 (sheesh)

5 min closed in the zone so its a long from 1.7861. time to recover the week..

Fc

I don't know how you cope with your stops FC, I know a 'system is a system' and all that but still....

closed euro out at 1.2227 , could be ramping it to dump either way i'll give it a while to see what transpires.

Not too bad:

Short gbp/usd -27
short eur/usd -23

Long gbp/usd +66
Long eur/usd +19

Total +35

-A8

Just for future reference...

Not really paid much attention to the news before and thinking maybe I should start :LOL:

I know NFP is a big one (albeit not like in the old days!), are there any others that always move the market in a big way or are the rest all down to the dfference in predicted/actual...

Is there like a top 5 news releases likely to really move the market?

Baruch said:
Bad for dollar. PS. Always close your position before big news.

Naturally I had a signal to go long as it kicked off but too late and I wasn't trading anymore today after that last one...

Also hence the previous question...

chrisw said:
Just for future reference...

Not really paid much attention to the news before and thinking maybe I should start :LOL:

I know NFP is a big one (albeit not like in the old days!), are there any others that always move the market in a big way or are the rest all down to the dfference in predicted/actual...

Is there like a top 5 news releases likely to really move the market?

Check here "legends" given for various news:

http://www.forexfactory.com/?page=calendar

fxmarkets said:
Altern did you straddle before the news on those ? is that a usual strat you employ ?

Placed buystop/sellstop orders around12.45, long before news was due. Was not sure which way the news was going to go.

A8

Altern8 said:
Placed buystop/sellstop orders around12.45, long before news was due. Was not sure which way the news was going to go.

A8

The price made a big jump (gap). How was your orders filled (to which prices)?

hmm with news, If I get a signal before news i'll take it, apart from non farm payroll. that euro was gagging for a thrust up if you look back on the hourlies and see where it broke up from last week. The question is is it now going to be sold off, or push up towards 1.2350 .. as always markets change but above 1.2200 is at least positive for now.

my order did not get filled and infact disappeared! strange. nice gap.. the bulls gave it away before the news but now waiting to see if there will be a follow through.. took a quick short at 72 out now and sittiing on my hand