Best Thread Live Cable Trading

right then looking for an entry I want my stop above 35 and I want it smaller than a gnats gonads so I guess 19 would be favourate

ferg6287 said:
What are capital spreads, are those the spreads between the bid/ask given by the broker?

Not sure I understand the question ferg6287... They are Capitalspreads.com... who I spreadbet with.

Spread on Cable is 3 points at they are Long biased... so I can normally buy around mid +4 or 5 and sell around mid +1 or 2.

Is that what you meant ?

Kaffee said:
No... I'm just the update monkey !! Don't really understand the whole EA thing. Certianly wouldn't trust my money to a system people write in their bedrooms.

Hi monkey :cheesy:

Thank you for your Hans123 updates. I wish we could compare his system with Big Ben.

Baruch said:
Hi monkey :cheesy:

Thank you for your Hans123 updates. I wish we could compare his system with Big Ben.

Bit difficult as Big Ben is discretionary in terms of targets. Set the target too low and you'll hit it often, but for a low target you need a low stop, and that gets taken out too often!

me thinks Sharky needs to give up on the 50p meter and get himself a fusion reactor to power T2W

Short again, last one and then I'm off to do something less financially ruining!

chrisw said:
Short again, last one and then I'm off to do something less financially ruining!

come back at around 1pm, and see if the market reverses when the US come on-board.

Kaffee: I wonder if taking the 13:00 point as a possible exit for the Big Ben might be logical ?

( I have become obsessed with seeing if 13:00-14:00 bar is a reversal more often than not. )

grrr.

flipped/reversed at 1.7763 for -46...

short from the same level..

choppier than something very choppy indeed..

trendie said:
come back at around 1pm, and see if the market reverses when the US come on-board.

Kaffee: I wonder if taking the 13:00 point as a possible exit for the Big Ben might be logical ?

( I have become obsessed with seeing if 13:00-14:00 bar is a reversal more often than not. )

Dunno, but something Baruch said a while back is sticking in my mind. It was along the lines of "They like to stick it to the Asian market".... Implication being you contra the Asian trend..

So i'm wondering if over the long term (say 6 months analysis) it's possible to make "a living" just flipping the trend at 9am day in day out. Stops and targets around the daily ATR ??

It can only go one way or the other !!!

Also... did you see the price action in relation to Cams yesterday... text book stuff.. one end to the other. These require some investigation as well. I've nearly gone blind looking at Spreadsheets this month.

FetteredChinos said:
grrr.

flipped/reversed at 1.7763 for -46...

short from the same level..

choppier than something very choppy indeed..

Hey FC... was I on the opposite of that one too ? ;)

FetteredChinos said:
lol... dont worry, as soon as this market starts trending properly again i'll have your guts for garters lol..

I'm reading all over the net about "trending" set ups having a mare at the moment. You've been in this game a lot longer than me.... how long do these phases last on average ?