Best Thread Live Cable Trading

The strat I use gives me projected moves ( not predicted before anyone tells me you can't predict the markets) I just use these targets to enter and exit

As for specific my Cable isnt as close as Dow and Ftse stuff but its getting there, the main diff seems to be the shortening of the timeframes due to the 24hr market

dc2000 said:
The strat I use gives me projected moves ( not predicted before anyone tells me you can't predict the markets) I just use these targets to enter and exit

As for specific my Cable isnt as close as Dow and Ftse stuff but its getting there, the main diff seems to be the shortening of the timeframes due to the 24hr market

Well if you've tamed the Dow, Cable should be a piece of cake.

Every time I thought I had the Dow sussed it knee'd me in the Jacobs' !

Kaffee said:

Every time I thought I had the Dow sussed it knee'd me in the Jacobs' !

:LOL: :LOL:

nothing worse than nursing a pair or sore gingers. :LOL: :LOL:

I don't know Cable can be an animal compared to the pussycat Dow, with the Dow if you miss a target premarket you can usually get a 2nd entry after market open with cable target can be hit in the Asian session and go on to hit the next target before I switch the computer on in the morning.

PS currently waiting for 11035 on the Dow

I had an email from Bad Trader today:

Hi

I am thinking of opening a web site, giving live calls on the YM and Forex the fx calls will be for around 20 to 60 pip moves all free..spread the word on the cable thread the ones who know me over the years, now I can trade Live and have proven this in a live chat rooms last year trading the YM and my Live forex calls....

When I open the site, traders can donate to charity there will be a link for this and its up to the person if he wishes to do so..thats all I ask. I will keep you informed

ps
I will send the same message to others also who have sent me emails.

rgs

BT

morning all,

Cable seems subdued. only a 30-pip range up until the 7-8am bar.
any trading the Baruch-anooga choo-choo today ?

re: badtrader. will check my emails.

trendie said:
morning all,

I'm trading Big Ben.... just seen 20 pips evaporate !! Still long.

First Trade of the day 10 lots LONG 7650 stop 20 target 1 675 (move stop to b/e and scale out at pivots thereafter)

zuke said:
First Trade of the day 10 lots LONG 7650 stop 20 target 1 675 (move stop to b/e and scale out at pivots thereafter)

Target reached so scaled out 8 lots for +25 pips. Daily target has been reached so moved stop to break even and will let remaining 2 lots run to 7700 target or b/e. Thats it for the day for me. Happy trading today.

JonnyT said:
I had an email from Bad Trader today:

Hi

I am thinking of opening a web site, giving live calls on the YM and Forex the fx calls will be for around 20 to 60 pip moves all free..spread the word on the cable thread the ones who know me over the years, now I can trade Live and have proven this in a live chat rooms last year trading the YM and my Live forex calls....

When I open the site, traders can donate to charity there will be a link for this and its up to the person if he wishes to do so..thats all I ask. I will keep you informed

ps
I will send the same message to others also who have sent me emails.

rgs

BT

And then get adverts, Maybe even have chat room good luck to all who wish to use bt. No matter how many live calls someone gives, we all have to learn for ourselves after a while ;)

Cable seems to be rather volatile at the top. hmm wonder why. stop running for final breakdown or.. break out?

coolTrader said:
And then get adverts, Maybe even have chat room good luck to all who wish to use bt. No matter how many live calls someone gives, we all have to learn for ourselves after a while ;)

good points, cool, my sentiments exactly.

however, even if we traded BTs trades for just £1 a point, it may prove to be fun.
( and also make the time pass quicker. )
( really frustrating thing I find, is WAITING for a set-up. I have started looking at smaller time-frames, just to have something to do. I recall JonnyT went through the same thing with his system. )

Kaffee said:
I'm trading Big Ben.... just seen 20 pips evaporate !! Still long.
For those interested in Big Ben. Snaffled from another bb.

Attachments

• Big Ben Strat.pdf
    596.9 KB · Views: 284
trendie said:
morning all,

Ha-ha. Yes, the happy Baruch train always run every morning - just like today... :cheesy:

PS. First it went south. The it went north. But so what? As long as it moves and makes pips...

LONG 1.7637 1lot. ( if it drops another 30, I will add another lot )
StopLoss = undefined.

trendie said:
StopLoss = undefined.

Are you saying that you are going to average down trendie :eek: ..Good luck!

zuke said:
Are you saying that you are going to average down trendie :eek: ..Good luck!

I need to take into account the ATR or something, rather than a flat 30-pips stop-loss.
perhaps I should consider the low of the previous day in an uptrend, or the high of rpevious day for downtrend.

I will probably average-down, but bail out after a further 30-pip drop. ( 90 pip risk, 60 and 30 )
My ideas seem sound in principle, but spikes are killing me.

trendie said:
StopLoss = undefined.

moved 30 pips in my favour.
SL = 1.7637 = b/e. ( PHEW )