Best Thread learning to read price action with p/f charts

spx 5 min data
a very intensse uptrend
these cannot be maintained for long

2u8ijv5.gif

update to the spx 5 min
that intense trend blew off as we said earlier this evening,back into the supp zone

4dbmr.gif

hi malaguti
thinkin about a meet up saturday july 21st or sometime in august
there is a slug and lettuce in kingston.
i will ask if they have a quiet space with a mains connection
if you have a laptop with updata loaded....that would be great
my laptops and my netbook have been abused by our children
others are welcome...but let me know
i will check with slug and lettuce tomorrow

should be a good discussion

we will not be talking about "what is the best box size or reversal"
i am thinking about the main topic being about trends,as p/f defines trends in the best way and possibly a bit about support and resistance...the trend defines supp and res

Would love to..and really appreciate the offer Dentist
21st sounds ideal, August starts getting tricky as I get married on the 11th, but I'm sure we can work something out..I have updata loaded that wont be a problem and will have intraday data also, not just eod where most of my charts have been based
Let me know how you get on booking the slug.
John

as we head into non farm payrolls on friday..straight after 4th july holiday
looking at the dollar to see if any strengths or weakness happens
aussie dollar
2 hour data
why the aussie dollar....only one that shows a decent trend...eur and cable are too nervous
we watch this latest uptrend and the trendline areas for possible supp.note the black lines.that is where this trend could fail.breaks to new highs and we will follow this trend

21b3a5e.gif

hi mallaguti/john
reserved a table in a booth at slug and lettuce /kingston
sat 21st july ...3pm
it will seat up to 6 and their is a power outlet under the table for the laptop.they have wifi also

Hi Dentist,

One chart I find interesting at the moment is the SPY:TLT ratio. This is a 1% percent chart with a 1 box reversal setting. Because of the inverse relationship between the S&P 500 and the 30 Year Treasuries, I find that this gives fairly good signals of when to be long the market and when to be short. I don't use this alone, but it's another tool.

Currently it's given it's first short term buy signal since it moved to the sell side a few months ago in April, and confirmed the move down in early May. I think the best signals on this particular chart is when it makes a trend line break so it's not there yet, but is getting closer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SharpChartv05-12.png
    SharpChartv05-12.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 625
thanks isa...good chart
u need to track that latest uptrend with some lines..for strength and weakness
plot the above resistances and see the reaction at those if it carries on moving up
better still.....if malaguti could post the same chart....but normalised relative strength....same box size 1% close with a look back period to say aug 2010
normalised rs cannot be plotted on stockcharts...but gives a better picture imho

thanks isa...good chart
u need to track that latest uptrend with some lines..for strength and weakness
plot the above resistances and see the reaction at those if it carries on moving up
better still.....if malaguti could post the same chart....but normalised relative strength....same box size 1% close with a look back period to say aug 2010
normalised rs cannot be plotted on stockcharts...but gives a better picture imho

Attached is the stockcharts chart going back to the beginning of 2008. I only look at the major trendlines personally as the breaks of those have done a fairly good job for the last four years. Going for quicker moves would have caused a lot of whipsawing, so I feel it's useful as a guide of major trend, but not for short term moves.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SharpChartv05-18.png
    SharpChartv05-18.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 614
  • SharpChartv05-17.png
    SharpChartv05-17.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 642
  • SharpChartv05-19.png
    SharpChartv05-19.png