Best Thread Keynes Vs. Hayek

Just to get back to topic and to put it simply it seems to me that Keynsians try and spend their way out of the problem while Hayek says we should live within our means.
Unfortunately the stupid politicians have spent SO much already the first option no longer exists.

The rich will barely notice that we are in a crisis unless a Weimar situation develops. Democracy throws up such a load of useless, self serving cretins it is not that far away from reality.

Got me fingers crossed tho !!

What we have at the moment has nothing to do with Keynes or fiscal demand side economics. The whole issue is one of monetary loosening, excessive credit given where the ninja's were persuaded to take credit thrown at them. And now lack of liquidity to cover their excesses.

Even if demand increases and taxes are reduced how will extra spending help the banks? By the idiots making more profits by taking bigger risks to receive more bonuses for doing FA.

Some people have no handle on the crises. One should throw in rises in energy and commodity prices in there too coupled with loss of competition and market share.

I reckon two decades later and 000s of books and professors discussing cause and effect - some conclusion may be brought to our predicaments.

As for Keynes he was on the ball and 100% correct in his analysis of the crises during his time. However, scenario is somewhat different today imho.

What a mature response, indeed...

When challenged the guy goes to pot.

No analytical skills or comprehension with limited understanding of anything but fiat currency and gold.

Can't formulate arguement and jumps off at tangents.

Bit of an attention seeker and ultimately personalises attacks instead of discussing subject matter.

Guys a selfish egomaniac. Probably make a fantastic tyrant. Future Gadafi imho.

Don't worry, I'll fill in for him.

Gold. Gold standard!

Stupid inflationist non Austria.

The basis for or an example of Austrian economic models inc some narrative on the rationale? Gold!

Jim O'Neill, Mark Mobius.

Thieves!

Free market slavery capitulation.

article of the day

Haha that was so spooky!

I almost felt like I was shadowing NT... :-0

Interesting link. (y)

Finally some people coming out the woodworks...

BBC News - Powerful shareholder group ABI urges bank pay curbs

Powerful shareholder group ABI urges bank pay curbs
The ABI has called for more money to go to shareholders Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Clegg signals boardroom pay curbs
One of the UK's most influential shareholder groups, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) has called for a "fundamental shift" in bank pay levels.

A letter from the ABI's director general, Otto Thoresen, said the balance between employees and shareholders had become "inequitable".

It called on banks to ensure that executives are not rewarded even when the share price falls.

And it said banks should build capital by cutting pay, not just dividends.

"It can no longer be business as usual for this remuneration round," said Mr Thoresen.

Last edited:
Finally some people coming out the woodworks...

BBC News - Powerful shareholder group ABI urges bank pay curbs

Powerful shareholder group ABI urges bank pay curbs
The ABI has called for more money to go to shareholders Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Clegg signals boardroom pay curbs
One of the UK's most influential shareholder groups, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) has called for a "fundamental shift" in bank pay levels.

A letter from the ABI's director general, Otto Thoresen, said the balance between employees and shareholders had become "inequitable".

It called on banks to ensure that executives are not rewarded even when the share price falls.

And it said banks should build capital by cutting pay, not just dividends.

"It can no longer be business as usual for this remuneration round," said Mr Thoresen.

anti capitalists

I have nothing left to say on the subject, unless you want to keep going in circles? Also, I can't take any more of Atilla's moronic posts.

some discussions don't end, NT. It's a constant exchange of ideas and opinions. It gives you a better view of the world as you catch a glimpse into how other people view it and operate in it. I found out the hard way that you're worse off for being hard-headed.

I have nothing left to say on the subject, unless you want to keep going in circles? Also, I can't take any more of Atilla's moronic posts.

Atilla says he has me on ignore yet is constantly making references to me in his posts. The hypocrite hasn't got the integrity, the guts or the intelligence to confront me directly, he isn't a man, he is a mouse.

some discussions don't end, NT. It's a constant exchange of ideas and opinions. It gives you a better view of the world as you catch a glimpse into how other people view it and operate in it. I found out the hard way that you're worse off for being hard-headed.

Then stay here and learn. I am unsubscribing because all I see here is the same tired old mainstream rhetoric and moronic posts from Atilla.

I have the greatest of respects for you Scose.

You are 10 x times the twit who gets through Eton or Oxford.

Degree or no degree some people simply lack common sense.

You've got a good head on your shoulders and a good heart for an engine. Keep it up you'll arrive soon enough.

Somepeople may have much but they are still blind, heart is cold and they become bitter and twisted big wipes.

Whatever you say, mate... FWIW, what I have observed is that you're happy to continue posting links, videos, material, excerpts ad nauseam. However, as soon as time comes to have a meaningful discussion about all these issues, where someone asks you questions or challenges you, you quickly lose patience and leave in a sulk or you just don't respond. IMHO, such behavior is childish.

Oh, Atilla.

VIP_3_Tone_Blush_003_Purple.jpg

Whatever you say, mate... FWIW, what I have observed is that you're happy to continue posting links, videos, material, excerpts ad nauseam. However, as soon as time comes to have a meaningful discussion about all these issues, where someone asks you questions or challenges you, you quickly lose patience and leave in a sulk or you just don't respond. IMHO, such behavior is childish.

You're obviously a last word freak. I've responded as much as I can and now all I keep getting in return is snide and condescending remarks from you and your posse. Yes, I was happy posting links because I wasn't interested in actually debating my position anymore. If you think you've won the debate that's fine but I'll invest my money according to my view, I have no interest in defending it any longer. You and your posse are free to continue posting without my input.

NT you need to unwind a little mate. I wasn't sniping at you I'm poking a bit of fun as you do when you're in the mood. As I said earlier I enjoy listing to other people's ideas. I've learned a lot from doing so. problem is you've stopped engaging and are just posting links now. There's no back and forth and when that ends it inevitably that leads to lulz.

You're obviously a last word freak. I've responded as much as I can and now all I keep getting in return is snide and condescending remarks from you and your posse. Yes, I was happy posting links because I wasn't interested in actually debating my position anymore. If you think you've won the debate that's fine but I'll invest my money according to my view, I have no interest in defending it any longer. You and your posse are free to continue posting without my input.
Whatever you say, mate, whatever you say...