Best Thread Keynes Vs. Hayek

I've run my own businesses, I invested in property in 3 different countries, I lived in two different continents and have travelled extensively. I have over 15 years experience investing in the stock market and the cretin thinks I was born yesterday :LOL::rolleyes:

I am alarmed to hear Georgie Os talking about closer financial integration. Doesn't the silly s*d realize you need to distance oneself from disasters and the eurocrap zone is a disaster, put togethor by commitees of ignorant people.
They can't even see that it is high time to pull the plug on EU nonsense! Sooner the better.

Didn't hear that but did hear he is offering £40bn in aid to EU bail out. Was it a roundabout way via IMF? who knows...

No transparency in system so its pretty much a black box thingy mi jigg by the sounds of it.

I reckon we are in the box too.

Dark in here init? :LOL:

Looks like my robust self-belief and confidence is paying off (y)

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/upload/documents/HPI_Report_Oct_11_tr7lk6.pdf

Land Registry
House Price Index
Headline statistics
The October price drop of 0.9 per cent is the largest
monthly fall since February 2009.

The data for October shows a
monthly house price change of
-0.9 per cent, which is the largest
monthly fall since February
The annual change now stands
at -3.2 per cent.

This brings the
average house price in England
and Wales to £159,999.

I think we should be looking closely at the reasons why someone can manufacture something significantly cheaper than we can. This is the crux of the debate. How did the USA go from being the worlds largest creditor nation to being the worlds largest debtor nation in the history of the world in under 50 years? U.K has followed the same path.

Why have manufacturers chosen to abandon the USA and U.K and move to Asia? If you say 'cheap labour' it still begs the question as to why wages are so much lower. I blame many things but it boils down to Government. Our standard of living hasn't improved (it has actually declined) in the last 40 years even though nominal wages have risen.

Britons Enduring 13-Year Squeeze on Living Standards, IFS Says - Businessweek

-Total real household disposable income will fall by 4.7 percent between 2009 and 2012, easily the biggest three-year decline since records began in the mid 1950s, the IFS said.

-Public-sector workers are better paid and enjoy more generous pensions than their private sector equivalents, the IFS said, as state workers staged a one-day strike today over plans to make them contribute more toward their pensions and retire later.

The Government takes too much of our money already and yet some cretin thinks they should take more!

I really think this whole Keynes v Hayek arguement has turned on its head.

We are now no longer talking about demand side led fiscal policies but purely monetary side solutions to provide liquidity to the markets to prevent them ceasing up altogether.

I guess this must be what is called a clinical stroke in the financial markets. Starvation of oxygen to the brain. Maybe we should stuff more paper money down their gaping greedy fat throats.

I'm now of the opinion that Germany has lost the plot. If the other European countries go into meltdown so will the German economy - whether they get to keep their Euro or not. Maybe it will be a good thing who knows.

As for NT - I have no idea what that troll is dribbling about now - can only imagine his having some kind of BS attack seaping out of his ears... I wonder whether he can smell the stench.

Mr analytical enjoys having conversations with himself. No need for replies. You carry right on NT. Don't worry about what people think or say about you...

Dumb ass dork ;) :cheesy:

-

Attachments

• Dribble_Troll.jpg
    Dribble_Troll.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I
As for NT - I have no idea what that troll is dribbling about now - can only imagine his having some kind of BS attack seaping out of his ears... I wonder whether he can smell the stench.

Hilarity post of the month

The U.K is toast...It is being run by liars and lunatics.

http://cdn.hm-treasury.gov.uk/autumn_statement.pdf

Executive summary

The UK economy is recovering from the biggest financial crisis in generations. Prior to the crisis, underlying competitiveness fell and economic growth was driven by unsustainable levels of debt. The June Budget 2010 set out the Government’s plan to reduce the deficit and rebuild the economy. The actions taken restored stability, reduced market interest rates to record lows and set in place a plan to build a stronger and more balanced economy for the future. Since then, the UK economy has been hit by a series of shocks which have significantly weakened the economic and fiscal outlook:

•• higher than expected inflation, driven by a sharp increase in global commodity prices — the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) consider this to be the main reason the economy has grown more slowly than expected since the the June Budget 2010;

A policy of low interest rates and money printing and now you call higher than expected inflation a 'shock'? MORONS!

The Government will use the savings from current spending generated over the Spending Review 2010 period to fund £6.3 billion of additional infrastructure spending, of which £1.3 billion was announced earlier in the autumn. Alongside this, around £1 billion of new private sector investment in regulated industries will be supported by government guarantee. The Government is also announcing commitments to £5 billion of capital projects in the next Spending Review period, as part of the National Infrastructure Plan;

Government guaranteed loans!? Look how well that worked out in the USA...bailouts for Federal Housing Administration (FHA).

Clegg vows crackdown on bosses' pay - UK News - MSN News UK

Mr Clegg went on: "I do not mean that the Government starts going round setting pay rates in the private sector.

"I believe people should be well paid if they succeed. What I abhor is people who get paid bucket loads of cash in difficult times for failing."

Nick Clegg is an utter moron. Nobody in the private sector gets paid bucket loads of cash in difficult times for failing, they either get sacked or go bankrupt. It is the Government that came up with the idea of "too big to fail" :rolleyes:

Nobody in the private sector gets paid bucket loads of cash in difficult times for failing, they either get sacked or go bankrupt. It is the Government that came up with the idea of "too big to fail" :rolleyes:

thats a crock of sh*t nt. anyone who's anyone in a company has their pockets contractually lined the moment they sit in the hot seat. even if they get sacked.

thats a crock of sh*t nt. anyone who's anyone in a company has their pockets contractually lined the moment they sit in the hot seat. even if they get sacked.

How many companies are there in the U.K? The Government talks about the few big ones (mostly banks they bailed out) in the FTSE 100 and think they exemplify the entire Private sector. The only people that take my money by force is the Government...or criminals.

Nick Clegg is an utter moron. Nobody in the private sector gets paid bucket loads of cash in difficult times for failing, they either get sacked or go bankrupt. It is the Government that came up with the idea of "too big to fail" :rolleyes:
I guess you must have missed that whole Fred the Shred debacle then?

I guess you must have missed that whole Fred the Shred debacle then?

Are you talking about the disgraced banker Sir Fred Goodwin who was in charge of the Royal Bank of Scotland who left the taxpayer with a multi-billion-pound bail-out bill that the Government forced us all to pay? Didn't you read what I thought about that?

Are you talking about the disgraced banker Sir Fred Goodwin who was in charge of the Royal Bank of Scotland who left the taxpayer with a multi-billion-pound bail-out bill that the Government forced us all to pay? Didn't you read what I thought about that?
No, I didn't... Among the countless links and excerpts from various articles that you post, I find it very difficult to locate what your actual original thoughts on the subject are. Moreover, I am not talking about the bailout. I am just giving a direct counterexample to what you said. It turns out that there are people in the private sector who get paid a lot for failing during difficult times.

How many companies are there in the U.K? The Government talks about the few big ones (mostly banks they bailed out) in the FTSE 100 and think they exemplify the entire Private sector. The only people that take my money by force is the Government...or criminals.

:!:

You either have some serious limitation of scope issues when it comes to big business, government and the symbiotic relationship between them or you are absolutely bat sh*t.

Force us to foot the bill, force us into economic collapse, force us not to murder each other... how can anyone win?

I don't think you'll be happy until Richard Branson is PM with Alan Sugar in cabinet.

No, I didn't... Among the countless links and excerpts from various articles that you post, I find it very difficult to locate what your actual original thoughts on the subject are. Moreover, I am not talking about the bailout. I am just giving a direct counterexample to what you said. It turns out that there are people in the private sector who get paid a lot for failing during difficult times.

Absolutely true.

For the record not one Chief Exec Banker got the boot. Only one from Northern Rock retired on health grounds.

I recall most on these threads felt we were witch hunting and being vindictive...

The head of the FSA said we need these experts in times of crises to lead us out of this mess by erm... being paid even more bonuses as their jobs were double difficult...

Obama applied a $500K cap on bonuses. To bypass the bonus cap last year most took salary increases which are now difficult to meet as not much profit being made.

The UK rewards failure higher than just about any other country. This has been and continues to be an increasing handicap on the UK economy.

UK is the country where distribution of income is most skewed.

I've mentioned before since the end of the stupid Victorian era main propensity to increased production and standards of living has emanated from a more equitable distribution of income not because of the elitism and class and aristrocracy that is rampant in the UK .

Even the stars prefer to live in other countries because the press aren't blood suckers in other countries like they are here.

Finally the News of the World offensive has nothing to do with the public outcry but because the new Prince and his wife and future Royalty did not want another Diana on their hands and so the thumb screws were put on.

However NOTW re:Murdoch ******s and self regulation like the banks is a load of bollox means eff all. Same goes for the police. That's why the police and even PMs can get into bed with these ******s.

In general the whole country is run by ******s and elite ******s who are only in it for them selves and power lies very much at the top and they do not know or care what is good for us.

Otherwise one hopes and expects they would have acted already in advance.

Too little too late...

It's none of my business what other people in the private sector get paid.