Best Thread Keynes Vs. Hayek

My advice to you if you don't like capitalist junk food is don't by it, or are you saying people have such a lack of self control they need that choice taken away from them? Personally I never touch the stuff. And if you suggesting we revert to subsistence farming to feed 60 million people, or nationalisation of agriculture, sounds like a one way ticket to starvation to me, I'll stick with the professionals thanks.

I don't feel it is my place to tell people how much they should be paid or to enforce my morals on anybody, it's up to the shareholders. Also businesses which make poor decisions should be allowed to fail, I think that would go a long way.

Did you check out the link I posted? Are you in the top 1% of earners? If so have you told your buddies down at st pauls this?

My advice to you if you don't like capitalist junk food is don't by it, or are you saying people have such a lack of self control they need that choice taken away from them? Personally I never touch the stuff. And if you suggesting we revert to subsistence farming to feed 60 million people, or nationalisation of agriculture, sounds like a one way ticket to starvation to me, I'll stick with the professionals thanks.

I don't feel it is my place to tell people how much they should be paid or to enforce my morals on anybody, it's up to the shareholders. Also businesses which make poor decisions should be allowed to fail, I think that would go a long way.

Did you check out the link I posted? Are you in the top 1% of earners? If so have you told your buddies down at st pauls this?

A country will import something that it doesn’t produce locally or if it costs less to import. The idea that food is expensive because it is imported is ridiculous. Imports are made expensive by the inflationist’s policy of currency devaluation, but this is ignored because they only want to mention the special interests that ostensibly benefit from the policy, the exporters.

By the way, do you like the way Micheal Moron, multi-millionaire capitalist documentary maker denies he is part of the 1%? :rolleyes:

Was just thinking, imagine you told those kids who took part in the London riots there would be no more mcdonalds, there would be genocide.

A country will import something that it doesn’t produce locally or if it costs less to import. The idea that food is expensive because it is imported is ridiculous. Imports are made expensive by the inflationist’s policy of currency devaluation, but this is ignored because they only want to mention the special interests that ostensibly benefit from the policy, the exporters.

By the way, do you like the way Micheal Moron, multi-millionaire capitalist documentary maker denies he is part of the 1%? :rolleyes:

Michael Moore Embraces OWS and Denies He's Part of 1 Percent! - YouTube

He makes me physically ill.

I am still confused how we have people who are regular posters on a financial trading site claiming solidarity with a bunch of people who want to shut down the london stock exchange. Shouldn't you be posting on revleft.com?

Well hey, if it helps you sleep easier, who am I to judge.

I am still confused how we have people who are regular posters on a financial trading site claiming solidarity with a bunch of people who want to shut down the london stock exchange. Shouldn't you be posting on revleft.com?

"The rich need to pay more taxes" said the spread bettor..:LOL:

Anything I havn't heard before which vaguely resembles a sensible solution to the problems we are experiencing.

So iyo what problems do we face?
Do you know anything about money creation?

Most people do lack self control - that is why there are rules and laws in place. However, people with too much power and greed can and do bend the rules. Is this not obvious?

Never suggested subsistence farming. Merely made a point that as oil becomes prohobitively expensive there are alternatives like the TV show the good life. Why do you turn it into silly arguements? Do you not recognise a valid point?

Paying people to make big mistakes will ultimately impact us all. Do you not see that a skewed reward system will cause the system to fail. Paying RBS a £1bn bonus which will ultimately come out of tax payers - when at the same time you guys talk about a small government is hypocrisy is it not?

Why not pay nurses and low end council workers a little more than bankers who already earn a mint? Am I missing something? Is it not the same as - ultimately money is coming out of tax payers?

We do have a choice!

If you choose not to tell people how much money they should be paid or to enforce that's fine but why do you want to take that choice away from others in a democratic society?

Yes I did thanks and I am and so what?

Last edited:
So iyo what problems do we face?
Do you know anything about money creation?

Put simply, Governments have borrowed, spent and promised more than their taxpayers can afford and as borrowing costs rise, as they have in Italy and Spain, the Central Banks will be forced to monetize the debt to keep interest rates artificially low. Money creation? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Shut down LSE!?
To trade is a choice! You have no choice in your share of the national debt or the debasement of any money you happen to have.

Put simply, Governments have borrowed, spent and promised more than their taxpayers can afford and as borrowing costs rise, as they have in Italy and Spain, the Central Banks will be forced to monetize the debt to keep interest rates artificially low. Money creation? You ain't seen nothin' yet.
Id agree with most of that, only thing id say is under our current monetary system goverments have no choice but to borrow!
Our system is flawed at its foundation imo.

Capitalism behind 'closed doors'! :LOL: Polit Bureau has nothing on these guys...

Management maximise profits for shareholders. Yeah right pull the other one it has bells on it. :cheesy:

Barclays Diamond’s Pay ‘Corrosive’ for U.K. Economy, Study SaysQBy Gonzalo Vina - Nov 22, 2011 12:01 AM GMT .
inShare.0
More
Business ExchangeBuzz up!DiggPrint Email ...The soaring earnings of top bankers such as Barclays Plc (BARC) Chief Executive Officer Robert Diamond are having a “corrosive” effect on the U.K. economy, the High Pay Commission said.

Diamond’s 4.4 million-pound ($7 million) pay in 2011 was 169 times that of the average worker in the U.K. and 4,899 percent more than his predecessor earned in 1980, when the Barclays boss earned 13 times more than the average worker, the London-based panel said in its final report today. It urged FTSE 100 directors to end the “closed shop” culture where they award themselves high pay that doesn’t match their companies’ share-price performance.

“There’s a crisis at the top of British business and it is deeply corrosive to our economy,” said Deborah Hargreaves, chairwoman of the group, which was set up a year ago by Compass, a pressure group that seeks to influence opposition Labour Party policy. “When pay for senior executives is set behind closed doors, does not reflect company success and is fueling massive inequality it represents a deep malaise at the very top of our society.”

Prime Minister David Cameron has urged executives to show restraint on pay at a time when real household incomes are falling and public spending is being squeezed the most since World War II. The commission called on the government to establish a body to track high pay.

Part-nationalized Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LLOY) paid its chief executive officer 75 times more than the average employee at the bank, compared with a multiple of less than 14 times in 1980, the commission said. Average wages in the U.K. have risen threefold to 25,900 pounds over the same period.

In 1980, Britain had a top income-tax rate of 60 percent on earned income and 75 percent on unearned income. The current top rate is 50 percent.

To contact the reporter on this story: Gonzalo Vina in London at [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: James Hertling at [email protected]

Barclays Diamond

Not unlike 'closed shop' policys of daft trade unions.

Not my place to say how much people earn - did somebody say? :cheesy:

Let's see what the toothless High Pay Commission does about it. Probably sink into another lapse of judgement. Sorry mi lord... :(

I don't own shares in any FTSE100 company apart from the ones the U.K Government forced me to buy.

Add another country to the list.

Hungary turns to IMF as stress mounts in Eastern Europe - Telegraph

"Rising bond yields and a weakening forint has forced the country's Fidesz government to swallow its pride and request a "precautionary" credit from both the International Monetary Fund and Europe, reportedly of €4bn (£3.4bn)."