Jdtrader - day trading

Both with Rio Tinto and FTSE100 kept a 15 pip trailing stop. I have to do this manually on Paddy Power as with most platforms.
This is to lock in profit if for example the FTSE100 rises a lot say to 5200 then I will use a 40 pip stop to allow for voliatilty.

Is this right ?

FTSE100

closed at 5118.8 +£51.80

My profit stop was at 5110 but it dropped back from 5130 fast so I just closed out.

I have hit my 5% target of £25.00 so I will stop trading today.

Results:
GBP/USD -£21.00
Rio Tinto +£31.70
FTSE100 +£51.80
France Telecom £0.00 scratch

+£62.50

Lloyds - Open up at 102.8 +£3.20 moved stop to 99.6

France Telecom - Got this right to BUY but got in at the wrong price, should of got in a the support 18.20 instead of 18.32 so I stopped on entry for a scatch but it went to 18.44. Oh well lol

FTSE100 - may of got out to early but I'm happy with the profit.

GBP/USD - FX seems to spank my ****

Acc Bal £10,062.50

Next trading target £28.50

Last edited:
Morning Traders

This morning I have set up my trades and I'm going to bed as I worked last night:

BUY FTSE100 5153.8 stop 5133.8 Limit 5197.0
SELL France Telecom 18.42 stop 18.62 limit 18.19
SELL S&P500 1061.6 stop 1064.4 limit 1050.0
BUY Rio Tinto 2675.4 stop 2655.4 limit 2689.4

Plus still running from yesterday
BUY Lloyds 99.6 stop 99.6 no limit, currently at 104.8

awakened by the window cleaner !

France Telecom stopped 18.62 -£20.00
Rio Tinto stopped 2655.1 -£20.30

New Positions:
SELL GBP/USD 1.5958 stop 1.5978
BUY Gold 986.3 stop 984.3

JDTRADER,
I was wondering how do u manage to monitor so many diverse markets?
In your trades you have S+P,Shares,currencies,Gold
Please don't take this as a criticism,I have been trading 10years and I can only manage to keep abrest of one market as the detail required is huge,Considering how many u trade I wonder if I may suggest that it might be an idea to concentrate on one market. The example I did on the ETX thread was to also show that getting to know a single market really well has its advantages and can be very rewarding.
You are a good chap and hope you do well
good luck!

JDTRADER,
I was wondering how do u manage to monitor so many diverse markets?
In your trades you have S+P,Shares,currencies,Gold
Please don't take this as a criticism,I have been trading 10years and I can only manage to keep abrest of one market as the detail required is huge,Considering how many u trade I wonder if I may suggest that it might be an idea to concentrate on one market. The example I did on the ETX thread was to also show that getting to know a single market really well has its advantages and can be very rewarding.
You are a good chap and hope you do well
good luck!

I'm using the Paddy Power Demo platform to place trades but I'm using my CMC Live Platform to use charts and monitor all my price boxes. Its great CMC platform fully customisable to watch what you want to watch.

I got 6 charts open sometimes more.

I'm using the Paddy Power Demo platform to place trades but I'm using my CMC Live Platform to use charts and monitor all my price boxes. Its great CMC platform fully customisable to watch what you want to watch.

I got 6 charts open sometimes more.

Just to give you an idea of what I have to do to watch 1 market
4 19" monitors
each currency I watch has daily, 4hr 1 hr 15 min and 5 min charts to give an idea of price action
Also have a news feed on the laptop

I know someone who trades ftse , dow, s+p and the detail required is just huge for these markets
just watching a few charts is not enough.
Concentrate your efforts on one market and you will see a difference

Just to give you an idea of what I have to do to watch 1 market
4 19" monitors
each currency I watch has daily, 4hr 1 hr 15 min and 5 min charts to give an idea of price action
Also have a news feed on the laptop

I know someone who trades ftse , dow, s+p and the detail required is just huge for these markets
just watching a few charts is not enough.
Concentrate your efforts on one market and you will see a difference
What news feed do you use Gamma?

Also, totally agree with what Gamma said; One market - Learn it. Otherwise if your losing money you won't be able to really analyse what happened apart from that you were trying to do too many things at once :) x