It is all a Fugazsy

Thx. So this was just a quick exercise to demo some discretionary FX short-term trading. I've noticed that a lot of people like to say that this can't be done. It sounds cliched, but a lot of practice, focus & screen time are necessary. In brief, the article/book you mentioned on "flow" sums up the ideal state of mind for this approach (which was why I thought this might be relevant to the thread).

As a v brief description of the trades: what we saw in the early morning (the hour before my first sim trade) on EURUSD/6E was sellers lose control. As buyers started to move price up, & I saw confirmation of this in the PA & order-flow, I went long. This small buying wave then hit offers around 08:00 where I went short (but didn't run the trade, as buyers had not yet lost control). Price fell back further and re-tested buyers, who once again stepped in, allowing another long entry. Price then went into a consolidation.

This type of trading is maybe a little like professional sport. It's quite quick, maybe even simple, to describe the approach, but it's not easy. Just my 2c.

DJ

Great post.

By order flow what do you actual mean ? Are you viewing the market depth? If yes can you post a screenshot? Thank you, I am always open to new things. Did you read the book?

+212, risked 22, lucky boy.

Attachments

• 212.png
    212.png
    17 KB · Views: 116
+212, risked 22, lucky boy.

this is why often swing trading is much more better then scalping, yes there are losing days (as with scalping), but when you catch the right day it pays the bills and more, maybe trading both style would be an idea.....maybe

before that I had a loss trade on GU, rarely traded -13

Attachments

• gbp.png
    gbp.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 90
also took some pips down, not as much as I wanted, bit stiff today, but enough to add another 1% to my capital (I should have had 4%, damn , very stiff....):mad:

and 20 here, I am back on the roll, does not matter where she goes, she is just following me.....just kidding:whistling

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 88
ok enough BS, here is the chart with reasons:

red arrows where I took the trades, green arrows where I should have taken the trades, why I did not take them? It took me a while to trade freely, I was stiff, my mind was conducting the dances and it was not fun....I made some adjustment and she backed up a bit, then totally, I then entered the pulse of the market....she (the mind) was not there anymore......

done trading for the day..ta

Attachments

• all day.png
    all day.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Thx - sry missed this post to me before. I read the article (not the book), but have previously read a bit about "flow". On order-flow, yes: depth of market/order-book, trade info, key order levels & price action at those areas etc. I also use some proprietary stuff here. Hard to put all this info into a post - imo you need to see it happening in real time. Hope that's of some vague help.

Nice trades today btw. Yesterday was quite something, my best day this year.

:clap:

EU not tradable today...

Have nice weekend boys and girls and a nice week, I am having a week off from the forum..... I just have a bit to do, chat later...

Last edited:
just a quick visit........my swing method is doing great atm, +116

Attachments

• 120.png
    120.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited: