Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets???

Does the Bailout package mark the bottom of the equity markets???

• Yes, absolutely! I am buying here!

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Yes, but I need more confirmation.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • I don't know/care.

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • No, I will sell rallies.

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • No, I sell ANY UPTICK!

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters
Are you asking a Q or telling us something

I wouldn't want to try to pick the bottom, why would anyone want to try to do that? Such choices are usually wrong - look at a chart and you'll see that we''ve had lots of reasonable candidates for bottom since the start of the year, and none of them were the bottom. TV journalists love this game but it is a waste of time.

I intend to trade what the market is doing, not trade what I think it will do. I am prepared for it to go up or down and will trade it accordingly, but no time need be wasted on finding the bottom.

Hi Tomorton

Are you asking a Q or telling us something ?

Andy

I'm answering the Poll, but wanted to say a bit more than selecting 'I don't know/care'. As ever, everything said on a forum like this is open to debate and challenge is welcome.

I'm answering the Poll, but wanted to say a bit more than selecting 'I don't know/care'. As ever, everything said on a forum like this is open to debate and challenge is welcome.

Right you are :)

And yes, when it comes to trading alone, your approach just following the markets is fine.

But: As we are having fun here as well, I think, one can try to measure sentiment here and exchange opinions ;)

Cheers
Carlos

:)

think I voted ~

I don't know/care.

Just a general thing really not a pop at you Tomorton, you just brought it up thats all

The bottom and top thing :)

think many methods actually do in reality, pretty hard not to IMO

if you trade a potencial swing low/high, your picking a bottom or top and a bottom or top thats mid range at that

as another posters signature reads ~

Distance = Perspective

have a good week

Andy

Last edited:
Hehe, nice one.

But, yup, very true.

I'd actually considered forwarding some funds to these two nationalised UK banks where investments are guaranteed by the UK government, but now Merkel said yesterday that all private accounts will be fully guaranteed by the government here too, so that is a relief !

Krisengipfel in Berlin: Merkel stellt Komplettschutz für Spareinlagen in Aussicht - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Wirtschaft

Ironical isn't it: this time last year people were queuing up to get their money out of NR, now they are metaphorically queuing up to put it back in - so much so that some accounts have been restricted. Funny times!

What a nightmare !

Ironical isn't it: this time last year people were queuing up to get their money out of NR, now they are metaphorically queuing up to put it back in - so much so that some accounts have been restricted. Funny times!

Absolutely, they must be attracting funds like crazy right now.

And I would have been one of them putting money in, if Merkel hadn't announced a government guarantee here too for savings.

20081007sp1.PNG

Jim Cramer: Time to get out of the stock market

“I thought about this all weekend. Whatever money you may need for the next five years, please take it out of the stock market right now, this week. I do not believe that you should risk those assets in the stock market right now.”

Where the good Chairman has a point, he has a point. As he sums up, if the talking heads - which is Cramer's job these days after all in his post hedge-fund phase - call out a bottomless market a fade would surely seem in order:

Not sure if it will mark *the* bottom, but surely this marks some kind of major bottom (assuming there is a just God, lol).

Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets???

The bottom of the equity markets is zero, so the answer to the question is a resounding NO

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see further significant falls from today's levels.

All it needs is a few more w*ankers to keel over.

Sorry, I meant bankers.

Same thing really I guess.

The bottom of the equity markets is zero, so the answer to the question is a resounding NO

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see further significant falls from today's levels.

All it needs is a few more w*ankers to keel over.

Sorry, I meant bankers.

Same thing really I guess.

The only thing, what really COULD surprise me ... if I could not profit from it ... no matter, what direction it takes ;)

The only thing, what really COULD surprise me ... if I could not profit from it ... no matter, what direction it takes

Fully agree, even though it might mean making money out of the misfortune of others.

Who cares anyway, survival of the fittest etc etc....tra la la .. :clap::LOL::D:clap:

Fully agree, even though it might mean making money out of the misfortune of others.

Who cares anyway, survival of the fittest etc etc....tra la la .. :clap::LOL::D:clap:

Nobody is forced to play :) I do futures ... this is just good old fighting ONE on ONE ...

They use dirty tricks ... so if I play fair and still win ... I love it :)
(y)

Best post of the thread award

I wouldn't want to try to pick the bottom, why would anyone want to try to do that? Such choices are usually wrong - look at a chart and you'll see that we''ve had lots of reasonable candidates for bottom since the start of the year, and none of them were the bottom. TV journalists love this game but it is a waste of time.

I intend to trade what the market is doing, not trade what I think it will do. I am prepared for it to go up or down and will trade it accordingly, but no time need be wasted on finding the bottom.

Very Good post tomorton

:smart:

This MUST be the bottom Tomorton :?: :LOL:

your week swing trend setting 5 on the rsi just popped out of the bottom of my pc and stabbed me in the leg :)

Andy