Attachments

• positions.PNG
    positions.PNG
    6.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
hello pat. got a fact for today?

Hi there matey - hope you are prospering

no, I have left the book behind lol

I found a great piece in The Huffington Post last week though informing us that the USA is technically not a democracy but a plutocracy ! I expect you knew that anyway ?

Last edited:
all i know is if i had the choice i would live in a place where people with an underwear fetish were in control

i mean A Pantiocracy

Good one. We used to try and guess Mrs T's fav colour of pants back in the day - blue seemed to spring to mind.

What's the opposite of a plutocracy where they share out the dosh evenly ?

Last edited:
Good one. We used to try and guess Mrs T's fav colour of pants back in the day - blue seemed to spring to mind.

What's the opposite of a plutocracy where they share out the dosh evenly ?

is this just meant to be a variant of keeping me the idiot in suspense?

Here is a clip from that article

The United States today qualifies as a plutocracy -- on a number of grounds. Let's look at some striking bits of evidence. Gross income redistribution upwards in the hierarchy has been a feature of American society for the past decades. The familiar statistics tell us that nearly 80 percent of the national wealth generated since 1973 has gone to the upper 2 percent, 65 percent to the upper 1 percent. Estimates as to the rise in real income for salaried workers over the past 40 years range from 0 percent to 28 percent.

Here is a clip from that article

The United States today qualifies as a plutocracy -- on a number of grounds. Let's look at some striking bits of evidence. Gross income redistribution upwards in the hierarchy has been a feature of American society for the past decades. The familiar statistics tell us that nearly 80 percent of the national wealth generated since 1973 has gone to the upper 2 percent, 65 percent to the upper 1 percent. Estimates as to the rise in real income for salaried workers over the past 40 years range from 0 percent to 28 percent.

yes the seiving continues

Status
Not open for further replies.