Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM, can you post a chart please. I can see a potential long scalp at 1.6818 (approx 2:16) but if that is your entry your SL of 12 points seems excessive. I cant see any reason to risk more than 5 from that entry.

MM, can you post a chart please. I can see a potential long scalp at 1.6818 (approx 2:16) but if that is your entry your SL of 12 points seems excessive. I cant see any reason to risk more than 5 from that entry.

beg pardon i took 2 pips damage. the exit price was 11. ty tho

took 70 percent

What spreads are you getting on EJ and GU? I have been watching the charts with this template for a few days. It seems OK on EU (spread approx 0.8) but on the others with a spread from 1.6 to 2 it doesnt look so nice. It seems to take an age to get into profit (like half a dozen bars at times) and thats without it actually going against the position.

Not saying its bad. Its just psychologically quite hard to trade a chart that looks to have such a big gap from price to your actual entry.

What spreads are you getting on EJ and GU? I have been watching the charts with this template for a few days. It seems OK on EU (spread approx 0.8) but on the others with a spread from 1.6 to 2 it doesnt look so nice. It seems to take an age to get into profit (like half a dozen bars at times) and thats without it actually going against the position.

Not saying its bad. Its just psychologically quite hard to trade a chart that looks to have such a big gap from price to your actual entry.

atm my gu spread is as per attachment.
can u expand on your last statement

Attachments

• spread.PNG
    spread.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Not saying its bad. Its just psychologically quite hard to trade a chart that looks to have such a big gap from price to your actual entry

this is what i dont follow

atm my gu spread is as per attachment.
can u expand on your last statement

I dont normally look at 1min charts. I was having a play with this on an mt4 demo yesterday. My MT4 demo has very bad spreads (1.5 on EU). I entered a long position and although price had been moving it stalled a bit. So 5 bars later its still not in profit. It wasnt a bad entry, price never went against me particularly. It just bounced around in a 2 point range for the 5 bars. Obviously when you look at the chart you see your entry line and the price line and on a 1 min with a poor spread they look a long way apart. Of course in reality its not, its just a couple of points, but it 'looks' like that on a 1 min chart.

I exited the trade at 0 on the 6th bar. It went to + 5 a couple of bars later (thats life) but not being used to 1 min bars it just seemed a bit difficult to watch bar after bar form and still not have covered the spread. Your spreads look good so i am guessing you are trading fx (i spreadbet).

As i said its certainly not any criticism of the strategy. Its just an observation that you probably do need very good spreads and it might not be that well suited to spreadbetting.

I dont normally look at 1min charts. I was having a play with this on an mt4 demo yesterday. My MT4 demo has very bad spreads (1.5 on EU). I entered a long position and although price had been moving it stalled a bit. So 5 bars later its still not in profit. It wasnt a bad entry, price never went against me particularly. It just bounced around in a 2 point range for the 5 bars. Obviously when you look at the chart you see your entry line and the price line and on a 1 min with a poor spread they look a long way apart. Of course in reality its not, its just a couple of points, but it 'looks' like that on a 1 min chart.

I exited the trade at 0 on the 6th bar. It went to + 5 a couple of bars later (thats life) but not being used to 1 min bars it just seemed a bit difficult to watch bar after bar form and still not have covered the spread. Your spreads look good so i am guessing you are trading fx (i spreadbet).

As i said its certainly not any criticism of the strategy. Its just an observation that you probably do need very good spreads and it might not be that well suited to spreadbetting.

Actually i think you are showing good spatial awareness.imho Yes good spreads are important, as is when you trade. When was the trade taken?

Actually i think you are showing good spatial awareness.imho Yes good spreads are important, as is when you trade. When was the trade taken?

EURUSD at 16:07 yesterday. Price was at the bottom of a down run. The white LRs had all turned up and in correct order. Price had just crossed up the red LR (But it would have been a quick scalp against the trend). My stop was 7.5 points away. The eventual run up was quite a nice one (for a one min chart) of about 18 points but took a while. The original SL position was very safe so it would have been an OK entry (but not the best).

EURUSD at 16:07 yesterday. Price was at the bottom of a down run. The white LRs had all turned up and in correct order. Price had just crossed up the red LR (But it would have been a quick scalp against the trend). My stop was 7.5 points away. The eventual run up was quite a nice one (for a one min chart) of about 18 points but took a while. The original SL position was very safe so it would have been an OK entry (but not the best).

will check later, monitoring ej long

r.e. EU
that was a good scalp. it was always going to be limited until it broke 26 set at 14:45
If something does not turn on a pin that mat mean its resting after a larger move?

Last edited:
been a nice usd bull run now for a while today ....some nice sells on GBP

Status
Not open for further replies.