Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think and say - "minus 5 or 7 pips - and i will be shot by me" :D

Yes its all relative - but think - if you always exit - then you can always reenter

Also - its less costly

At least you are facing your reasons etc - thats good (y)

And how can I complain with some one with a 80% win ratio lol

Agree 100% Peter, if in doubt get out, you can always get back in, I'd prefer to be out wishing I was in, rather than being in wishing I could get out so to speak :)

Agree 100% Peter, if in doubt get out, you can always get back in, I'd prefer to be out wishing I was in, rather than being in wishing I could get out so to speak :)

Hi Rob

Did you see his latest results last friday before he went on a skiing trip

492 pips on 30 trades in 12 hrs with only 5 wrong

I have never done over 409 pips in a day - but he's still after more - but told MM dont try doing 12 hr shifts too often - not a good idea

Classic case of a younger student who now ending up better than his teacher ( an old man - me lol)

Hopefully he will carry on walking and going step by step rather than suddenly trying 10 lots or something silly and getting mentally tarnished with a run of losses - thats so easy to happen

Good Trading

Regards

Peter

Noticed 5480 on GU - not in that one - EU was enough ;-)

After a long day - would not place extra pressure on an old mind - ie mine

Looking forward to East Enders instead with nice bottle of Red

See you guys either later or in morning

GL

Regards

F

Thursday 19th February 2015 - Pre European Open

GM to all FX Intraday traders and I hope you are all well and feeling up for a busy day

A couple of red news announcements later in the day and only minor news throughout our morning session - but always be aware around TW#s especially exactly on the hr and 30 mins change for suddeen quick movements due to large dumps of money - based on some early news we might not be aware of.

Normal stuff -

I. I generally cover from approx 6 30 am UK time to after 5 00 pm - approx 10 to 11 hrs

2. I will have quite a few breaks during that time from just 10 -15 mins to even over an hour.

3. I will normally only be at my screens less than 36 mins an hour - and thats even with 2 or 3 trades per hour - and if only 1 trade an hour - it can be then under 20 mins

4. I try and cherry pick - busier times - from now to 9 00 am can be busy and we can get lulls etc the nexxt couple of hrs - unless we have 9 30 am news - and we dont this morning.

5 . After 12 30 to 2 00 pm can be good - with pre and after news - and of course 2 30 pm to 4 - 4 30 pm is also a key time.

6 . I scalp for small pips and also try and source 7 -25 pip moves as my main trades and then leave 30% stakes on with stops in profits and then basically try and forget about them. I will not be in more than 3 scalps max at same time - 1 or 2 is no problem - but over the course of the day might at times have 3 or 6+ 30% trades on at the same time - as there risk is already covered by stops in profit

7. Stops for every trade will be tight - if i get knocked out - i can always reenter or even opposite way - as my levels can be critical for either way trades.

8. Please dont try and copy me with really tight stops unless you are on a demo or are already an experienced scalper / short term trader - and ideally uisng my set ups.

9. My TW's and Key Times need to line uo with my criteria - and so it becomes easy for others following if they are on a 1 min LR chart or even a tick chart. It would be confusing on 5 -15 mins charts - as too slow for exact entries.

10. Daily targets - 50 pips - I dont stop when reached - unless its not until after 3 30 pm. Some days it might be just 6 -10 trades to target - otherdays if I have 4 losses it might be 14 or 16 trades to get there - and I try never to exceed 24 trades in a full day session - but know just 3-7 trades will only be good enough if I have no losses and good movements - and of course that is rare and not every day etc.

All questions related to FX welcome

Have a good day - and stay focused and in your zone.

Keeping notes does help me through out my day - as I refer to level s and of what I see at a particular time - and then 15 or 2 hrs later I can see if i was correct with my observations

Finally - GL

Regards

F

6 52 am

Strange - so far from 6 30 am - I have had a scalp sell on EU and scalp buy on UJ - not a pair I would have normally been scalping at this time

First scalps of the morning can be anything from 3 to 10 pips - if I get them correct

UJ - so far 8 pips - EU - 7 pips - and now to 30% stake on both with stops just in profits - so I can forget just for now

6 56 am

EU

It as been up to 1424 from yesterday after a 1410 high from the FOMC news

i sold at 14168 after it had dropped from a LH at 21 /22 and in my 6 30 TW

1408 /9 is now the low so far so will only stay with it under 15 on pullbacks

Structure favours bull bias above 1385 and 1400 - but really we need to see now over 1430 and 1450 + etc to think we will try higher - as we have had LH's etc from the 1530 period of weeks ago

UJ

7 00 am

Its made 118 76 and I have pulled my 30% early now at 73 - as the EU had already bounced over 7 pips on pullbacks

Its still a scalp buy again over 118 66 and so will try and enter again - either lower or if we go over 118 78 and 82

7 04 am

EJ

Missed the 6 51 am scalp buy from 135 48/9 as was thinking EU was just a small pullback ( wrong) - so was not keen just to buy the EJ

135 65 to 85 is all an R area so maybe we can look at scalp sells in next TW;s

GU

7 07 am

Price currently at 5460 after a 5480 high and over 260 pips higher than last week

Price structure favours bulls over 5420 and 30 - can we try ovder 80 and even 5600 today ?

Only hold scalp sells on under 5428 and 5418 - as others might only be small 5 -12 pip pullbacks

UCad

7 12 am

So far been up to 2468 and fell after 6 30 am to 2461

Above 2450 favours still another try higher and maybe we can only hold scalp sell on longer for larger falls under 2444 and 34

Then we need under 2420 for a bearish price structure for the next part of the session

As we know that can all happen after LO in next 45 mins

Again - today will not be here for it - as out at 7 50 am and back approx 9 25 am ish

Tomorrow - i hope to be here over that similar important period

GU

7 07 am

Price currently at 5460 after a 5480 high and over 260 pips higher than last week

Price structure favours bulls over 5420 and 30 - can we try ovder 80 and even 5600 today ?

Only hold scalp sells on under 5428 and 5418 - as others might only be small 5 -12 pip pullbacks

GU

Approx 13 mins later

After 7 09 am and end of TW - GU was another scalp buy at 5458 - 66 is high so far but pullbacks staying above 58 are still in scalp buy mode for another try higher

7 04 am

EJ

Missed the 6 51 am scalp buy from 135 48/9 as was thinking EU was just a small pullback ( wrong) - so was not keen just to buy the EJ

135 65 to 85 is all an R area so maybe we can look at scalp sells in next TW;s

The scalp sell came in at only 62 from end of TW at 7 10 am

Its not really tested the R areas - so maybe above 45 it might try back up again

morning all

usd in bull mood since early hours ......

ahttp://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/71854-correlation-trading-basic-ideas-strategies-1613.html#post2492724

Attachments

• usd rising.JPG
    usd rising.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 117
the usdchf buy has been the most recent trade on the 1 mins .........

jees if only it was this easy all the time .......7.06 shown was far to early to call it unless you were really batting off the lows as F can do ...............

just out of interest ...........F .......if you had been on uchf would you have liked that one ?

N

Attachments

• 1 mins.JPG
    1 mins.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 169
Morning N

Missing the LO again this morning - but hope to be around for it tomorrow morning

I hope you have found this week good - I thought after FOMC news last night it changed things again - showing you either trade longer term with big stops and look for days and weeks etc for your targets - or treat ever hour of your trading session - as you own trading day and keep those stops - super tight.

In fact if you get hit 3 times with a 2 pip stop - and then on the third attempt you make 13 pips - you have a RR of 2 and profit and a miserable win ratio of only 33% - but you are still in Profit

Timing is crucial - but I am sure you have got that sussed now Neil

Have a good day

Regards

F

that's a call of the over extended positions of the currencies ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.