Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
UJ - 1 Min LR Chart with TW's on scalp buys and sells in last hour

185154d1423566123-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-uj-100215-scalp-after-10-30-am.png

Hi Peter, didn't trade it, but had a look for comparison sake, I would have traded it off the 5 minute chart. Entry and exit marked, interesting how we all see thing differently, but we can get the results, pips in the bag :cheesy:

Attachments

• uj.bmp
    675.9 KB · Views: 77
Hi Peter, didn't trade it, but had a look for comparison sake, I would have traded it off the 5 minute chart. Entry and exit marked, interesting how we all see thing differently, but we can get the results, pips in the bag :cheesy:

Hi Rob

Yes - your set up is a very good one and you would have made good pips on the 5 min chart on way up etc

I have now shown my other longer view chart from 7 00 am as well with the TW vertical line in context etc

I do think you set up is very good and far simpler than mine - and I am sure it works well - I am so used to wanting stops as tight as possible ie 3-5 pips if possible and so cannot work off any chart above 3 mins as too slow for catching the initial entries

But still - even if you target only 25 or 30 pips a day - you can still make great returns etc and I would say your method is maybe a better way for many intraday traders etc

For me a stop of 3 pips and a trade of 10 + pips is a RR of 3 - in normally under 10 -15 mins - those are the trades I love ;-)

Good trading

Regards

Peter

After 10 30 am and 5220 was another scalp buy with it peaking so far at 5239

Before - I scalp sold it from 5240 - and so unless we try over 5243 and 47 I reckon we might be able to scalp sell again and then hold if we go under 27 and 24

GU

10 51 am and then again at 11 00 am - and GU dropped so far 25 pips with a 5208 low so far

The GU as been nice this morning - 2 way moves from 20 to 40 + pips

2 of those a day and you are smiling ;-)

EU

11 37 AM

Update

We have not gone under 1275 so far this morning - and we need above 1288 and 95 and 1300 to be holding scalp buys on for looking at a turn up

If we drop under 1268 and 60 - then we will test next supports at 1250 an 1230 area

Price structure for session says we should drop farther - but it all depends on strength of supports from 1260 to 1275 now

UJ

11 40 am

We scalp bought above 94 and 98 - but so far still not made above 119 08 area

After 11 30 am it was a scalp sell again - but needs to fall now under 95 and 88 to hold scalp sells on longer for a test on the 118 80 support area first

12 02 pm

Looks fairly boring atm

Will watch next 7 mins in case we get some scalp opportunities - otherwise back after 12 21 pm or 12 30 pm

UJ

12 06 pm

Just needs under 93 and 88 for more scalp sells

EU

been a scalp buy after 12 01 pm and 1277

needs low to hold 30 mins with no breach and ideally now over 95 and 1300 for start of a turn

EJ

Its pulling the UJ up at same time now - EJ was a scalp buy at 12 04 at 134 16 /17

Very quick move and as I type its moved up another 30 pips - great

That was a busy 10 mins

Midday - all slow and flat

2 -3 mins later moves showing

7 mins later - 3 pairs moved up in total over 100 pips

No did not get all 3 - only 2 - and extremely lucky on EJ

May as well finish for day now - ;-)

I missed first normal 2 hrs from 7 00 am to 9 00 am - was out - and by 10 30 pm above daily target - and now over doubled that.

Its a boring Tuesday with only one red UK news which was nearly 3 hrs ago.

Not going to finish - but going to have a longer lunch and an easier afternoon now

I have traded today the EU / EJ / GU / UJ and briefly messed with UCad and AU - purely quick scalps

I dont recommend you trying to trade more than 2 pairs a day - until you are comfortable with say a few thousand live trades under your belt and your own way /set up that feels comfortable for how you want to operate etc.

I just find - the longer the hours I put in - the more scalps I take - the more experience I gain and normally I end up with improved results etc - and of course confident - I am not going to lose money on any bad day

Ok - back after 1 30 pm or 2 00 pm

Stay focused

F

Reactions: NVP
hey F......just out of interest ......what 2 pairs would you recommend for people getting into your style

for me personally I would perhaps suggest a steady eddie .....EU (?)...........and perhaps a faster pairing of perhaps GU (I am usd bias !) for London morning..if you want spice perhaps the EJ (japan just later pm by then )

for me then in the afternoon (US opening) theres much more variety.........i'd be inclined to go for the cad and stick still to a European as number 2 trade .....all with usd as a pairing.......the aussies operate technically outside of our uk trading business day so I have to see significant inertia in Europeans to go that route at any time in day

I have to say that the swissie is taking time to learn again after its many many months in a straight jacket .................damn thing can shift it ........much more volatile than the euro now

N

wicked wicked hit on the 13.30 .............hang fire ............she may come back

hey F......just out of interest ......what 2 pairs would you recommend for people getting into your style

for me personally I would perhaps suggest a steady eddie .....EU (?)...........and perhaps a faster pairing of perhaps GU (I am usd bias !) for London morning..if you want spice perhaps the EJ (japan just later pm by then )

for me then in the afternoon (US opening) theres much more variety.........i'd be inclined to go for the cad and stick still to a European as number 2 trade .....all with usd as a pairing.......the aussies operate technically outside of our uk trading business day so I have to see significant inertia in Europeans to go that route at any time in day

I have to say that the swissie is taking time to learn again after its many many months in a straight jacket .................damn thing can shift it ........much more volatile than the euro now

N

Hi N

Good question really

I will answer this one later in the Devil in the Detail Trading journal thread - as I can cover my reasons etc more

Just back now so will look for next scalps etc by 1 39 pm and then for after 1 51 - 2 00 pm or so

Regards

F

1 34 pm

Quick scan and what stands out was the EJ after 1 00 pm from 134 40

Its just made over 75 pips in last 30 mins or so - what a cracker - and missed every pip ;-(

Status
Not open for further replies.