Status
Not open for further replies.
3 28pm

EU - we would need above 1473 and 1492 to be taking new scalp buys for a try up

Under 1470 still favours lower for now

(y)over 130 pips in approx 3 trades in 30 mins

Nice

Well done F, good trading....

Was wondering if you could share some stats on how does the 70% stake compare to the 30% you let it run in terms of £?

My point does that 30% offer more than if you were all in all out (instead of existing the 70%)?

Well done F, good trading....

Was wondering if you could share some stats on how does the 70% stake compare to the 30% you let it run in terms of £?

My point does that 30% offer more than if you were all in all out (instead of existing the 70%)?

It really is swings and roundabouts

Most 30%'s fail to get me over my existing 70% stake -ie 55 -60% are not worth it

BUT

Out of every 10 I do - a small percentage - ie under 20% might make another 30 - 50 - 100+ pips .

Best so far on 30% have been a 1000 pip trade and 3 over 500 pips and at least 50 over 100 pips this last year.

If you watch - if I am after pips in the kitty early AM - i normally exit 100%

If I am up 30 or 50 + pips - I play and risk the 30% trades etc and set and forget if they get going

I really need to review it in real detail last 1000 trades - another job to look at a weekend or when on holiday

Regards

F

3 55 pm

EJ

stayed above 134 50 and not taken any more trades on it

Its been a great day in the end - and now getting tired and bored

Will pop back maybe after 5 00 pm

I really hope you have all done well or at least OK

Stay Focused - or have a break

Regards

F

Entered again after 3 39 pm and price now down at 1426 area

Stops at 1440 for 30% and in profit

Exited 30% stake on sell at 1412 prior to 5 00 pm

gft32

Now that 30% stake was worth while as it made me another 17 pips at 30% - like and extra 5/ 6 pips on full 100% on top of were I pulled the 70% stake

Some times you can have you cake and eat it ;-)

Most important though is not to risk having a loss

Finished for day - but will review briefly sometime later

Regards

F

Friday 23rd January 2015 - Pre Opens

GM to all FX Intraday Traders

Well I hope yesterday after the ECB announcement was good for you and you made more good green pips than on a normal day.

We have more EU attention over the weekend with the Greek elections - and hearing the US are now worried that their dollar is too strong in the currency market and so will be effecting their export industry etc etc - its all happening.

Today is the day after and also the day before - if you can read what I am saying - so it might be an unusual Friday.

For me - normal stuff intraday buying and selling for ideally 7 to 25+ pips - with ultra tight stops and hoping even when I get it wrong and a move does not make 7 or 10 or 17+ pips - I can at least exit - still in the "black"" with any amount of green pips.

All FX related questions welcome etc and all can join in the fun - even making forecast and live trade calls etc etc.

Have a good day

Regards

F

EU

6 51 am

1322 so far - another approx 80 pips lower than I left in after London close - and did not leave any 30% stake on -

Silly me - even at just $5 a pip instead of 4 or 5 lots+ etc - its another missed opportunity of more money in the kitty - so I suppose a bad mistake.

Its about time we got some pullbacks - but really the EU is in such a down trend - we need about 150 pips to even have any small effect

Ok I will still be doing some scalp buys this morning on the EU - but need over 60+ pips to even think of leaving any on

Lets look at a few other pairs for a start and see what other opportunities to start scalping at 7 02 or 7 09 am

6 55 am

saying that above 1316 low the EU is a scalp buy with first main R's at 45 to 50 and supports now forming 1318 -25

So maybe we can scalp buy on pullbacks staying above 1322 + and see if we can then make over 1350 and 60

7 05 am

General overview

GU went down so far to 4980 - AU down to 7965/70 area - EJ down to 133 95 - UJ down to 117 20 - but been rising more with dollar strength as also Ucad making a new 2417 high.

Price structures for this European session still favour dollar strength atm - but that does not stop scalp buying and pairs finding supports - whether they are strong though is another matter

Notice on the calender quite a few red news announcements again today

We have 2 on the EU at London Open at 8 am and then another at 8 30 am - so be aware

7 21 am

EJ

7 21 am

6 51 am was the scalp buy opportunity

I waited until 7 02 am - ( this hr and half hr not wanting to be in this week ) and so far up 12 pips and dwon to 30% stake now with stop in profit at 134 11

Here for 8 00 am and London Open and EU red news

EU is currently a scalp sell under were I exited my buy at 1345

Above 1322 though would still ideally want to scalp buy again

7 54am

Approx 5 mins to LO and Red news on EU

I will exit my 4th scalp so far on this last hour - 2 on EU under 45 so far

Market as been very slow so far and even after 4 scalps not made 25 pips yet

7 58 am

EJ

Price dropped 20 pips since after 7 39 am - and missed them as been with EU instead - why I dont know - as EJ is my preferred favourite ?

Must need another cup of tea to get me thinking straight ;-)

8 02 am

Not much of an effect from news so far ?

Also - sorry for not saying about GU - as thats been another nice mover in last hour whilst I have been on EU and EJ only

GU made another morning low at 4964 and then bounced up 20 pips over the hour TW

8 04 am

EU now rising again making a 1354 high so far

Cut off on buys is now 43 - above 43 - price should still test higher

Status
Not open for further replies.