I'm doing great!

AFG sell to close out on todays open.

COMS sell to close out on todays open.

COSN buy on todays open.

(Charts on homepage just click the symbols)

04-16-05 07:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I am finding keeping this journal is proving to be very beneficial for me. I am learning allot about the strengths and weaknesses of my trading style. I hope you are finding things a bit more interesting now that I am putting a few charts on with my new trades.

It is a tough market and I am finding as my system is long based I am suffering, however I will continue to develop My trading and hope you follow me all the way.

all the best

wwatson1 said:
Forget about your risk to return mathematics calculations yada yada...

get in, get out, take profits.

Start using your calculator to much and you will be left hanging around on the sidelines.

WWatson.....

I suggest that you should pay a little more attention to mathematics.

I refer to your web page below.....

http://www.800bull.com/performance feb05.htm

You claim that in Feb 05 you achieved a monthly total return of 57.83%.

In fact, you achieved only a 4.06% return. Don't get me wrong, a 4% monthly return is good. But it certainly isn't as good as the 57.83% you are claiming.

For you benefit, and those who failed their maths GCSE, I attach the correct calculations.

You are only fooling yourself that you achieved a return more than 14 times than you actually have.

Attachments

• Calculations.xls
    17 KB · Views: 318
Hi airthrey, The problem Is that the stocks I am working with dairy greatly in price.

If you where to invest $5000 in SCLN at $3.11 you would could buy 1600 shares, the stock went up $0.27 you would make aprox $430.

If you where to ivest the same $5000 in OMM at the time of reccomendation at 19.15 you would get 260 shares. The stock inreased by $1.75 making you aprox $457.

I am focusing on the percent gain/loss of each individual position. What you have done is add up the points and said this is 4% which is correct had you been buying a set amount of shares per position, say 200.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards wwatson.

wwatson1 said:
Hi airthrey, The problem Is that the stocks I am working with dairy greatly in price.

If you where to invest $5000 in SCLN at $3.11 you would could buy 1600 shares, the stock went up $0.27 you would make aprox $430.

If you where to ivest the same $5000 in OMM at the time of reccomendation at 19.15 you would get 260 shares. The stock inreased by $1.75 making you aprox $457.

I am focusing on the percent gain/loss of each individual position. What you have done is add up the points and said this is 4% which is correct had you been buying a set amount of shares per position, say 200.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards wwatson.

Hi wwatson1,

Happy to give you my thoughts........

Yes, I have taken the assumption that an equal number of shares is purchased in each transaction.

However, your calculations regarding total monthly % returns are still wrong.

Take the 2 examples you give above.....

1) Invest $5000 in SCLN.......Realise $5,430 from sale.........8.6% profit
2) Invest $5000 in OMM.........Realise $5,457 from sale.........9.1% profit.

According to your website, you would calculate your total return of the above 2 transactions by adding both % gains together, giving a 17.7% return. That is incorrect.

The correct total % return of the 2 transactions above is in fact only 8.87%.

Just to prove it......

3) Total investment $10000.....Realise $10,887 from sale......8.87%

Basically, you cannot get the correct monthly % return simply by adding together the individual % gains of each transaction together, as you have done on your website. The figures are therefore incorrect and misleading.

Airthrey Capital

Hi Airthrey Capital, I will look into it.

By my calculations this should be up about 18% from where I got in..........

Sell to close out ASPM on todays open.

Sell to close out ETC on todays open.

Attachments

• aspm2.GIF
    aspm2.GIF
    15.5 KB · Views: 241
  • etc2.GIF
    etc2.GIF
    13.4 KB · Views: 199
keep it going mate. slow and steady wins the race.

should get a market wide bull run for the next few weeks, so with any luck your returns should improve further.

good trading

FC

wisestguy said:
still don' t think you are doing great .

Didn't reply to this earlier as I didn't want to turn your thread into an aguement. But you seem to be doing just fine to me.

Lets see how things pan out. I have started putting charts and explanations on my home page if you click the symbols.

I have had problems with my computer recently be have sorted things out. I should be able to concentrate fully on trading and my journal now.

All the best wwatson.

Hi Watson - Congratulations!! I'm starting to trade myself and although I've been doing it for a long time (occasionally) now i'd like to do it on a daily basis. Therefore, a little bit of help would be appreciated. I'll keep an eye out on your posts!!!

Nuria

Good, I try to explain the reasoning behind my new trading ideas on my homepage, whenever there is a new trade just click the symbol.

Hopefully we can both make some money. Would be happy to help you with any knowledge I have.