If you want to fail as a trader, study TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this was J19 when he was young:LOL:

As you can see, he went on to study TA:rolleyes::whistle:cheesy:

Enid+Blyton+cartoon+%28FFA%29.jpg

:smart:TE:smart:

So how do you go about tracking the elephants then TE?

So let's say you're using L2 to id the big boys' intentions (the hammers if you like), and let's say they're accumulating or distributing, they won't be doing it in single blocks, and you still need to understand underlying directional conviction, where demand & supply is likely to dry up and at what price levels there is likely to be increases in liquidity. Why is TA of no use in achieving this?

Last edited:
So how do you go about tracking the elephants then TE?

So let's say you're using L2 to id the big boys' intentions (the hammers if you like), and let's say they're accumulating or distributing, they won't be doing it in single blocks, and you still need to understand underlying directional conviction, where demand & supply is likely to dry up and at what price levels there is likely to be increases in liquidity. Why is TA of no use in achieving this?

If one reads what is actually written, it states "study TA", not meaning that one is not to be aware of TA and what way the Big Boy's use it.

As for LII and what size of a trade they are executing, well, I could not care less, as the Big orders are handled the same way all of the time:cool:

Let's clear a few things up, just in case some newbies get confused.

When I speak of TA I mean the myriad of TA indicators, like MA's, MACD, Stochs, Boll Bands, Keltners, etc,etc,etc,etc,etc, I think you get the point:rolleyes:

To think that by combining a certain amount of TA indicators on a screen, is going to help you make some real money, well, is akin to digging for FOOL'S GOLD:whistling

All it does is distract you form what you NEED to be looking at, and, that is exactly why the Money Movers love to see TA pushed down everybodys throats, except The Expert and his like, of course.:cheesy:

Hi TE - Just noticed the private group set up, newbie here and keen to join if not too late. Aware I have not posted any direct questions but I do know how to use the "search" function which has kept me pretty busy answering many of my current questions.

And obviously totally indifferent to someone's internet forum name, geesh more important things to discuss and learn.

Hi TE - Just noticed the private group set up, newbie here and keen to join if not too late. Aware I have not posted any direct questions but I do know how to use the "search" function which has kept me pretty busy answering many of my current questions.

And obviously totally indifferent to someone's internet forum name, geesh more important things to discuss and learn.

It never hurts to ASK:D

Just request to join and I will gladly accept(y)

No QUEErNS allowed:p

TE

It never hurts to ASK:D

Just request to join and I will gladly accept(y)

No QUEErNS allowed:p

TE

Can somebody recommend a web site that will give me the range data on various stocks, futures? It's funny I've been trading all this time having no clue about the price range of what I'm trading. Actually not funny. Just been staring at charts.

Can somebody recommend a web site that will give me the range data on various stocks, futures? It's funny I've been trading all this time having no clue about the price range of what I'm trading. Actually not funny. Just been staring at charts.

Google finance and Yahoo finance provide historic share price data freely for download consisting of open,close,high,low,volume but you will need some means of processing it.

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=NYSE:C

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=C

:)

If one reads what is actually written, it states "study TA", not meaning that one is not to be aware of TA and what way the Big Boy's use it.

As for LII and what size of a trade they are executing, well, I could not care less, as the Big orders are handled the same way all of the time:cool:

Let's clear a few things up, just in case some newbies get confused.

When I speak of TA I mean the myriad of TA indicators, like MA's, MACD, Stochs, Boll Bands, Keltners, etc,etc,etc,etc,etc, I think you get the point:rolleyes:

To think that by combining a certain amount of TA indicators on a screen, is going to help you make some real money, well, is akin to digging for FOOL'S GOLD:whistling

All it does is distract you form what you NEED to be looking at, and, that is exactly why the Money Movers love to see TA pushed down everybodys throats, except The Expert and his like, of course.:cheesy:

If you're going to be aware of it, then why not study it? So that you are at least aware of how it works and what it's limitations are?

Also your point about there being a myriad of indicators, is a non-point, I use only two. One to ID cycle peaks & troughs in conjunction with price pattern wave form and one to gauge momentum.

Actually, I also use MAs, but don't consider them to be indicators.

Not put in much screen time today, but got a nice little entry on GBPUSD, already out of 50% so the worst I can get now is a scratch.

Entry based on 100% TA methodology. point a. represents the triggering bar and my stop is one tick above it.

(PS. I think the Enid Blyton pics have made all the regulars bugger off in disgust, although why they're so childish and all the smileys aren't is beyond me).

Attachments

• img_12711073134099.jpg
    img_12711073134099.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 180
If you're going to be aware of it, then why not study it? So that you are at least aware of how it works and what it's limitations are?

Also your point about there being a myriad of indicators, is a non-point, I use only two. One to ID cycle peaks & troughs in conjunction with price pattern wave form and one to gauge momentum.

Actually, I also use MAs, but don't consider them to be indicators.

Are you aware of The Laws regarding the right of property ownership, and, if someone damaged your property what would you do about it:?:

One does not have to know everything in order to make money trading, and, in fact, some say the less you know the more you can make:cool:

We must always remember that "there is a reason for everything that happens", and, that there is no such thing as luck or chance, for, if one is to think like that then one might as well be living back in the 1500's - 1800's, where everything had to have some silly reason for it, like, the world being flat :LOL: or, the stars being Gods:LOL::LOL:, or, the ability to turn lead into gold:LOL::LOL::LOL:

BTW, one of your famous TA is named after a person who spent most of his life trying the latter above:rolleyes::whistle:cheesy:

When you trade you must be fully focused on the right thing, if not, you will either lose or not make as much as you could have made, which, means you lose either way, for, time = money :smart:

Anything that distracts you from making money, or making more money than you made, is of no use and should be discarded ASAP:eek:

But, YOU ask, what am I supposed to do if TA is all I know, and, surely if everyone else is doing it that makes it RIGHT:LOL:

Sure, OK, NP, and the stars are still Gods:LOL:

TE

Not put in much screen time today, but got a nice little entry on GBPUSD, already out of 50% so the worst I can get now is a scratch.

Entry based on 100% TA methodology. point a. represents the triggering bar and my stop is one tick above it.

(PS. I think the Enid Blyton pics have made all the regulars bugger off in disgust, although why they're so childish and all the smileys aren't is beyond me).

When I first saw the image I thought I was back in class, with my Oscilloscope showing the perfect waveform, but, when I zoomed in all I saw was another one of those silly online gaming thingys, with Laser guided missiles flying all over the place, submarines bipping away in the depths, and the odd depth charge trying to force it to the top:LOL:

Anyway, you are of course entitled to do what you want with your time, but, I can tell you now that you will make 10 times more money daytrading US stocks than FX, I know, for I have traded them all:cool:

BTW, the other stock markets are piddly **** and are not worth the time and effort, only trade them if the US markets are closed and a good opp pops up, that should not be missed(y)

As for Enid Blyton, and the childish books, I knew that would frighten off many, for, most are afraid to be like a child, which is exactly what they need to be.

Look at me - Ga Ga Ga Goo Goo Goo Wee Wee Wee:cheesy:

TE

Now we've got "the Earth is flat," alchemy and poly-theism as an argument against TA. What are you going to come up with next TE?

Grasping at straws me old china.

Good point about US stocks mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.