If you want to fail as a trader, study TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a feeling that 'no stops' is gonna be the next 'thing' on t2w.
These things work in cycles as to what's popular:
Something like:
No stops - tight stops - Price action - TA is useless - FA - FA is useless - Pinbars - VSA -
No stops - tight stops - Price action etc etc

PS - I like DT. I think he's saved this thread from being a total 100% failure, and if anyones 'made me think' its probably him (although im still pro TA :))

Having said that, is price action TA for example?? We need to al be on the same page to advance discussion i think

I get what he means, but he's making assumptions about account and position size.

The reason trader's fail has nothing to do with using TA whatsoever and anyone that tells you that is a complete idiot. If you want to increase your chances of failing as a trader when you are starting out, you can start by risking 2% of your account and use stops. That should keep you slowly bleeding until you give up.

so whats your excuse?

I am amazed at some of the silly comments that have popped up:eek:

If YOU study TA you are wasting your time, full stop, and any idiot who tells you otherwise is, well, a stupid idiot:LOL:

But, continue on as you will, for, the majority will never change, and that is EXACTLY why everyone gets EXACTLY what they deserve.

Do not think the way others think for placing trades, for, you are then admitting you are weak and feeble minded:rolleyes:

By all means know what others look at, but, do not do as they do, or, you will get as they get:eek:

It takes courage to be able to not think like others, very few have it, and, that makes most traders EXACTLY what they are:smart:

I am not called The Expert for nothing, YOU KNOW(y)

so why not stop telling everyone what doesnt work and tell them what does work, oh self proclaimed expert

so why not stop telling everyone what doesnt work and tell them what does work, oh self proclaimed expert

NR, when you have had the privilege to work with traders that have made MILLIONS trading, and jest I not, you whole outlook on trading changes forever(y)

Now, there is what is called a MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING between certain types of individuals who entertain the same thoughts, or, who hold the same values and principles, and, this has been seen many times in the past, and, still holds good to this day.

So, will I just out and tell everyone WHAT IS the easiest, or best, way to make money trading, well, what do YOU think:cheesy:

BTW, the magic number is now 5 with the doors closing thereafter:smart:

TE

so you trade with guys who make millions, yet you make a few k?

in that case, you're "The Loser" not "The Expert"

I get a feeling that 'no stops' is gonna be the next 'thing' on t2w.
These things work in cycles as to what's popular:
Something like:
No stops - tight stops - Price action - TA is useless - FA - FA is useless - Pinbars - VSA -
No stops - tight stops - Price action etc etc

PS - I like DT. I think he's saved this thread from being a total 100% failure, and if anyones 'made me think' its probably him (although im still pro TA :))

Having said that, is price action TA for example?? We need to al be on the same page to advance discussion i think

TL, you have just shot yourself in the foot:rolleyes:

Some words should be memorized:whistling

TE

Come on TE, you're going to have to give us something other than more of this cryptic nonsense.

so you trade with guys who make millions, yet you make a few k?

in that case, you're "The Loser" not "The Expert"

Let me CORRECT YOU, again:LOL:

I have traded with people who made millions trading.

I have a very realistic target of $2K per day for daytrading US stocks, which, is not met all of the time, but ENOUGH of the time :cheesy:, and, no one will ever know about my other trading:cool:

TE

If YOU study TA you are wasting your time, full stop, and any idiot who tells you otherwise is, well, a stupid idiot:LOL:

Do not think the way others think for placing trades, for, you are then admitting you are weak and feeble minded:rolleyes:

By all means know what others look at, but, do not do as they do, or, you will get as they get:eek:

It takes courage to be able to not think like others, very few have it, and, that makes most traders EXACTLY what they are:smart:

I am not called The Expert for nothing, YOU KNOW(y)

By not study TA do you mean somebody new to the markets doesn't even need to know what a trendline is? Shouldn't they know TA so they know what the other "idiots" are thinking when price hits certain levels? I think you have to study where money is flowing to and from, but when it comes time to enter a trade don't you need to know something else? For instance maybe don't enter until a bar at least takes out the high of a previous bar so you have somewhere to put your stop loss? Do you place trades taking absolutely none of the price action on the chart into account?

By not study TA do you mean somebody new to the markets doesn't even need to know what a trendline is? Shouldn't they know TA so they know what the other "idiots" are thinking when price hits certain levels? I think you have to study where money is flowing to and from, but when it comes time to enter a trade don't you need to know something else? For instance maybe don't enter until a bar at least takes out the high of a previous bar so you have somewhere to put your stop loss? Do you place trades taking absolutely none of the price action on the chart into account?

Of course not, MA:eek:

When I say study TA, I mean studying it as if it is the means to an end, whereas, the reality is, it can be an end to a means:idea:

I READ about TA, and how The Generals use it, but, I know a lot better than to place my trades using TA as a means to an end:cool:

We must be S.M.A.R.T if we are to come out on top:smart:

TE

Indeed you can, for you are The Expert.

Sorry, just to put it into context, in order to be taken with even a modicum of seriousness.

J19, I am very serious about trading, in fact, I am so serious that I sometimes forget how serious I am.

TE

J19, I am very serious about trading, in fact, I am so serious that I sometimes forget how serious I am.

TE

TE, please would you possibly consider backing up your statements with something a bit more factual? And maybe facilitate some serious discussion.

TE, please would you possibly consider backing up your statements with something a bit more factual? And maybe facilitate some serious discussion.

THE PROCESS has already started:?:

Have you ever heard of Enid Blyton(y)

TE

Of course not, MA:eek:

When I say study TA, I mean studying it as if it is the means to an end, whereas, the reality is, it can be an end to a means:idea:

I READ about TA, and how The Generals use it, but, I know a lot better than to place my trades using TA as a means to an end:cool:

We must be S.M.A.R.T if we are to come out on top:smart:

TE
Ok.......that makes sense. I can be the poster child for spending years studying TA and losing my money over and over and over and over and over. I have pages & pages of notes on useless crap, but you've got my brain thinking in a different way now. The amount of time I've wasted looking at squiggly lines on charts is embarrassing, but everything I read said I don't need to know anything else. It's all included in the price; it's all on the chart. Just follow price action. Blah...blah........blah........ Guess it's time to start using my brain instead of looking at squiggly lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.