How to make 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon

Could you have a word with BS. He's just posted a pic of me with my make up on caught with a long range telephoto lens and then he goes and posts another pic of himself (pic below) - the same one he keeps posting on other threads all over the place. I keep telling him that he is getting this forum mixed up with his Facebook page, but he just won't listen...bless.

He can try to dress it up however he likes, but now he is posting more of his "stuff".

InternetToughGuy.jpg

LOL, look at Wirral Squirrel, not like you to nick someone elses material eh? ;) Anyhow, whilst you're here at what stage do you move onto explaining to your potential victims your methodology for taking ..ahem...*your* trades? Have you got enough suckers hooked? Contact list bulging yet? Is this the first post you havn't mentioned your tw@tter tickometer...?

LOL, look at Wirral Squirrel, not like you to nick someone elses material eh? ;) Anyhow, whilst you're here at what stage do you move onto explaining to your potential victims your methodology for taking ..ahem...*your* trades? Have you got enough suckers hooked? Contact list bulging yet? Is this the first post you havn't mentioned your tw@tter tickometer...?

Ok I'm sorry for posting your facebook pic here again, but you have already posted it many times elsewhere on other threads.

4xpip asked me the same question about 3 months ago so he already knows the answer regarding my my methodology. He asked so I told him. You have asked, so I will tell you. My trading methodology is my own "MR CAD" (and no you won't find that term on the Internet anywhere). What does that stand for?

Momentum (both ways)
Retracement

Consolidation
Accumulation
Distribution

But I think its a bit beyond you - I should just stick to facebook if I were you. We have to forgive your finger slips anyway as we know you are on your "icky wicky" little weekend netbook and we all know how easier it is to do a fatfinger on that little keyboard. ... bless..

Last edited:
That aside, and it pains me to say this, but I think I've got to come down on the BS side of this one.

At least he's not flogging anything (well, apart from a few dead horses, right BS? Arf arf.).

Is it only me, or can anyone else see an epic disaster looming down the road? Potential acolytes might wish to tread carefully, and think before they act.

My *powers* to cut through the B.S. and get to the point are stunning...;) 2 reasons I come back to T2W, firstly the lulz, and it can be v. funny at times, for example DT, Arabian, Rothschild etc. Secondly the odd decent debate and a looksy into what others are genuinely up to in order to see what I can learn and improve on, or to test new ideas..But honestly in the 2 years I've been a member I've seen hundreds of these tw@t magnet threads, either here or more usually lurking in the journal sections...

Weird how there's a good thread on swinging currency pairs (using spread betting and TA only) which gets hardly any sticky eye balls and yet that guy is mustard, also there's a guy trading D1 and he does the job right too, Leo's thread where guys are really having a go is well worth paying attention to..and yet you get these right attention seeking beauts who manage to ensnare the gullible...fascinating.

TBH I pmd a few folk asking them to go easy on 4x so his thread (this one) would reach its own natural destruction but wtf, it's eve of destruction for it now...70% drawdown ffs, trades 28 pairs..? Get to fook and stop wasting everyone's time..MM/position sizing is everything in this game, closely followed by getting your nut in the game and the right place...entries? Jeez man we both know there's 20+ that'll get us the right side of a trade off a 5 min TF for a pip or two 9 times out of ten, so what?...But anyone, anyone, talking re 70% drawdown and being relaxed about it needs sectioning and putting on ignore, which is where that particular numpty went on my control panel after I read his first essay..Do these beauts think we are all mugs?

Anyhow, got to take my youngest lad to his golf lesson in half an hour, then get to the gym..catch up with you later..

So Mr Cad

4xpipx reminds me of when I used to trade oil about 10 years ago without a stop. One week I would make 5000K.. :rolleyes:
The question is which number are you?

The real question is what stage are you at..Mr Cad..?

spiv.jpg

I'd suggest it's close on 100% in the first category. Are they too late? Perhaps. Given that the Jackos and James16s of the trading world have done it, been there, sold the snide t-shirt and moved on, the party may be over...but plenty will try and fill that gap.

The basic premis is always the same; start a thread with a point of difference FREE, get sticky eye balls FREE, keep on posting 'successful' trades FREE; which may be in fact be shadow trades (on a demo account) looking over the shoulder of a "colleague".

At first casually mention tutoring, twitter, name dropping, copy and paste a few clever lines whilst building an online aura. Fill up the gullible contact list, you're after part time traders who have given it a go, now struggling, looking for a trading buddy and the grail for 100 quid a month.

Then steadily market to them direct using the afore mentioned twit account and your valuable pm feature and the friends list/following you've built up. There should be up to 50 contacts in no time, that's potentially 5 grand a month for offering "help"....bless..

After you've got a mate to knock up a 300 quid website with free 'voip' access you're up and running and it's a biz started from nothing.. More than a 100% return that...

My *powers* to cut through the B.S. and get to the point are stunning...;)

More facebook pics from BS damn these netbooks..

I think at last we have finally got to the bottom of BS, he thinks he's "stunning"

Anyhow, got to take my youngest lad to University in half an hour catch you later

Re: Nugget 5--Understanding a trend III

My proprietary S&R's have notihng to do with zig zags, trendlines, or whatever else you want to think of. They are all ensconced deeply in the mathematics of a trend's range within any given time period. Just like I have posted in my other thread, no one gets my formula.

Here's the amazing thing about standard deviations. Take a data set, then apply the SD formula (Which I will give later in this post.). It is a statistical fact that the rule is that 68% of all the data will fall within sigma 1 +/- of the mean.

Ive only skimmed read most of this but it seems like you try to blind people with science/maths, making things more complicated than they actually are. The nuggets seem to be 'take a 10% punt on each trade as its ok as we are going with the flow', and something about the 'regression to the mean' thats used in statistics.

There is nothing amazing about standard deviations and is one of the basic components on any stats course. If I remember correctly, the 68% only works for the normal distribution and is not that amazing.

You are going to need lots and lots of trades before your system has any statistical
merit

Ive only skimmed read most of this but it seems like you try to blind people with science/maths, making things more complicated than they actually are. The nuggets seem to be 'take a 10% punt on each trade as its ok as we are going with the flow', and something about the 'regression to the mean' thats used in statistics.

There is nothing amazing about standard deviations and is one of the basic components on any stats course. If I remember correctly, the 68% only works for the normal distribution and is not that amazing.

You are going to need lots and lots of trades before your system has any statistical
merit

That sort of thinking really appeals to newbies though. It seems to be a common misconception among new traders that the successful have special indicators or access to knowledge to information that us mere mortals don't possess. Whereas in reality people would be surprised at the simplicity of many successful trading systems.

4xpip. ATM this thread is a joke, its currently 24 pages, with only a handful of interesting posts.

I suggest you take the advice that was given earlier and I will reiterate. Take your informational posts and start a new (closed) thread. Then, leave this thread open for people to comment and you to respond.

Re: Nugget 7

This is why the trader needs the proper tools. As an example, for me, my methodology stands alone, with no peripheral support. Having said that, I have always used something as an alert to help me to see them that maybe otherwise was overlooked.

When I first started trading, I followed with tremendous interest the one I nicknamed "The Great One" and that is Max McKegg. Later my methodology started coming around, but I still used his forecasts to confirm my entries. Up-to-date, I now used my entries to confirm his forecasts-- lol. In a nutshell, that is the evolution of a relaiable methodology. (That's a nugget outside of the nuggets.)

One more point, the sales pitch is not designed to get everyone to jump on the SD bandwagon, or getting eveyone drooling over my ichimoku cloud. These are "ideas". In showing different things, I am showing what works well in my world. I strive to emphasize the individualism of trading.

I will also be making an emphasis on the EUR/AUD a lot over coming days. This is because I'm in the trade, and I'll share thoughts about it.

Trading does become much easier if one has the ability to see into the future, I will agree with you wholeheartedly on that.

Splitlink, that's exctly what I am talking about. Beginning equity: $1,000; 28% gains; Equity after the trade--$1,280.

Let me assure you of something, Splitlink. Respectfully, I am saying when I am finished with this thread and ride off in the sunset, there will be quite a few people that will benefit from this thread. This is not about me being right. This is about different ones getting their portion of the nuggets and discussions.

Every comment I make is carefully calculated even during my ranting. This is because the new people need to know who the troublemakers are. The troublemakers will also help me prove even more my methodology. The remarks like "crash and burn", "not spilling the beans" will make this light shine brighter, because people that want to get their portion will remember those comments. These people, with those comments, were not messing with some 20-year old kid that was here today and gone tomorrow. They were messing with a 54-year old who can back it all up, and who is getting ready to ride off into the sunset with his two faithful and beloved companions, his wife and Tucker.

Just in my other thread, I was innondated by requests for people wanting to mentor them or trade for them. There are a few that have started using the ichimoku cloud, and that I have been working with so they can learn to use it better. There is a guy that follows that thread, and it has already posted here that uses my S&R's and the ichimoku cloud on a regular basis. He has laos known me for 5 years, so I ma proven beyond and shadow of a doubt in his eyes.

I'll reinforce the fact, I never impugn my methodology on no one. The idea is to have one that works. Have one that will get you in and out of trades with nice profits.

Thanks for answering my post. The reason I commented was because I saw names of posters who I follow, otherwise, as I mentioned before, the subject is not my thing and I don't come here much.

I set my capital employed in trading every six months. If, in January, It started with $1000, then 28% at the end of that period would be $1280. Is that what your grandson is calculating? Because there are many ways, as politicians well know, of making the accounts look good wth percentages and the guys asking questions on here know that very well. :)

There are ways of writing threads. You could start a journal, where you would have some control over posters' content or you could start a private members thread. You need a certain number of posters for that and they would need your permission to become members, but I would imagine that you have enough by now

In any case, get in touch with a monitor for more information. The type of thread that this has turned into is to no-one's advantage.

Jon, thanks so much! That is greatly appreciated!

4pip

If you want, at some stage, I can copy the "nugget" posts to a closed thread (ie: a thread where no other posts could be made) in order that people didn't have search through this thread to find them. I'd highlight in that thread that discussion in relation to the "nuggets" was taking place in this thread.

jon

Aim for 20% a day, turn 100% by end of the trading week,

You can go for 100%, in a day, but realisticly, you wont do it everyday, and less stress to turn just 20% daily. 20%-5 days, 100% in 5 days.

Can you do that for 10 weeks? And dont start off with your whole bankroll, start with a point of $250..

Make a spreadsheet or chart, aim for a 20% gain each day, do it for 10 weeks, $128,000

Trying to get 100% daily, good luck to you, but why the stress.

This is for the benefit of the new people and ones wanting to get their share without any distortion.

Very important here! This will be a nugget outside the nuggets. In entering this world full of lions (and black swans--lol), the tamer must come self-equipped. I have mentioned to so many newbies to never (Reread the previous word, please.) throw you last few dollars in the den as you begin your venture. Always have a backup plan. This is what I corrected the original entrant when he said 60%, and I said 70%. Its is called baiting (It was also the truth. Mt account backed up 70%. Isn't that nice!?!?.). The dead beats, the negative people that want you to join them in their misery would all jump on that, and make a big deal about. (Any serious queries directed to your OP are always welcomed.) LOL--I was never close to crash and burn. This is why I always (Reread the previous word, please) have at least equi-amount backing me up.

This is why I talk about a trend getting stretched. This is why it is important to know the nature of a trend and the corrective implications within the trend. This is why I am unfazed when the trade goes against. It's going to be really hard to be off by more than 1 leg, much less 2. Sometimes in this business patience is of the essence.

My *powers* to cut through the B.S. and get to the point are stunning...;) 2 reasons I come back to T2W, firstly the lulz, and it can be v. funny at times, for example DT, Arabian, Rothschild etc. Secondly the odd decent debate and a looksy into what others are genuinely up to in order to see what I can learn and improve on, or to test new ideas..But honestly in the 2 years I've been a member I've seen hundreds of these tw@t magnet threads, either here or more usually lurking in the journal sections...

Weird how there's a good thread on swinging currency pairs (using spread betting and TA only) which gets hardly any sticky eye balls and yet that guy is mustard, also there's a guy trading D1 and he does the job right too, Leo's thread where guys are really having a go is well worth paying attention to..and yet you get these right attention seeking beauts who manage to ensnare the gullible...fascinating.

TBH I pmd a few folk asking them to go easy on 4x so his thread (this one) would reach its own natural destruction but wtf, it's eve of destruction for it now...70% drawdown ffs, trades 28 pairs..? Get to fook and stop wasting everyone's time..MM/position sizing is everything in this game, closely followed by getting your nut in the game and the right place...entries? Jeez man we both know there's 20+ that'll get us the right side of a trade off a 5 min TF for a pip or two 9 times out of ten, so what?...But anyone, anyone, talking re 70% drawdown and being relaxed about it needs sectioning and putting on ignore, which is where that particular numpty went on my control panel after I read his first essay..Do these beauts think we are all mugs?

Anyhow, got to take my youngest lad to his golf lesson in half an hour, then get to the gym..catch up with you later..

This is for the benefit of the new people and ones wanting to get their share without any distortion.

Very important here! This will be a nugget outside the nuggets.

In entering this world full of lions (and black swans--lol), the tamer must come self-equipped. I have mentioned to so many newbies to never (Reread the previous word, please.) throw you last few dollars in the den as you begin your venture. Always have a backup plan. This is what I corrected the original entrant when he said 60%, and I said 70%. Its is called baiting (It was also the truth. Mt account backed up 70%. Isn't that nice!?!?.). The dead beats, the negative people that want you to join them in their misery would all jump on that, and make a big deal about. (Any serious queries directed to your OP are always welcomed.) LOL--I was never close to crash and burn. This is why I always (Reread the previous word, please) have at least equi-amount backing me up.
This is why I talk about a trend getting stretched. This is why it is important to know the nature of a trend and the corrective implications within the trend. This is why I am unfazed when the trade goes against. It's going to be really hard to be off by more than 1 leg, much less 2. Sometimes in this business patience is of the essence.

what?

Attachments

• waffle.jpg
    waffle.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 156

I perceive a lot of ignorance here and a misconception. I'm glad you brought up all the points.

First of all, anyone that is interested in that was interested in that part of the discussion concerning SD, do not adhere to anything this guy has to say along these lines, he does not know what he is talking about.

First there is no need to "blind" anyone. If I'm here to try and deceive anyone, it's time for me to get out of here. I have no need for that. I have a much better life than to be siiting around blinding people.

You mentioned I make thing more complicated than they really are. Ah um. the opposite is true. People make trading more complicated than it really is. The reason this thread will continue to have a swarm of its support and anatagonists is because people are not satisfied with their trading. They are either losing or just not satisfied with their gains. I will eventually prove that. I am opening a demo account for my grandson to prove the simplicity (Notice I did not say "easy) of trading. I got some plans. Stay tuned.

The object is, and this is just for you folks interested in getting your portion of the nuggets and gaining a tidbit or two along the way, If you don't understand something, then ask. Keep an open mind rather than jump to conclusions when you do not know what you are talking about.

The markets move with a mathematical flow. This is how I came up with my S&R's. (BTW, I already mentioned it, but the monthlies are hot and ready to go if you need them for any pair. The weeklies will be ready half way through Tokyo on Monday.)

The nuggets never take a punt. They just contain ideas to catch trends and reversals at their optimal times in order to maximize gains--like I do (lol). They also contain my personal biases, because it is what I use. If you got something you want me to use, then I'll evaluate it and then comment on it. At least you know I will be straightforward about it.

If you are referring to that fact all my trades have a DD of 10%, then you are wrong...again. I know you said you skimmed, so I understand. Maybe you didn't read the part of last week's trades that gained 216% on my account, and none of them came close to pulling back 10%. Maybe you didn't read my other thread where it shows a pattern of absolute consistency of personal gains. And, I know you didn't see my inbox of people wanting me to mentor them and trade for them and asking me for all kinds of advice.

This is why I'm really bad at running opinion polls, because, for the most part tghey're worthless. Here's your statement, "You are going to need lots and lots of trades before your system has any statistical merit." I've been 3 months on tihs site. I have 3 years shown on my blog, and 5 years of unalduterated success in trading, and 6 years experience total. There are people on this site who have followed me over here that can verify I used ot make over 100 trades per month. Merit!?!?! You got to bring youre facts to the table.

Now, let me tone down and be nice, because I need to address a possible misconception on your part. Let me apologize if I created the misconception. You "A" students here in Advanced Trading 101 pay close attention.
The 68% is the quantity of data that remains at the +/-sigma 1 levels. That means 32% is outside. When 95% of all the values are contained within the absolute values of the 2 towards the median, then 5% remains outside, etc ,etc. Go back to the post on the EUR/AUD chart. Notice the candle is just a tad under the +3 sigma. What does that mean to the trader. There is only a 2% chance of price action going beyond that. That is why I took the trade going short. See how simple that is?

Keep posting. I'm getting more inspired.

merit

Beyond the nuggets

There will be some additional information that will be higly beneficial contained outside of the nuggets. Some of my recent posts point that out. It is very important to not only post in the nuggets to glean profitable ideas, but additional clarification can be gotten from general discussions. If the information by the original presenter is worthwhile, or worthless, I will point it out. This way the "A" students of Advanced Trading 101 don't get derailed.

Rossini, the light in my head just went on! Is a closed thread the type where only I can post in? If that is the case, then I'm all for it. How do I open it?

4xpip. ATM this thread is a joke, its currently 24 pages, with only a handful of interesting posts.

I suggest you take the advice that was given earlier and I will reiterate. Take your informational posts and start a new (closed) thread. Then, leave this thread open for people to comment and you to respond.

Newbies, this joker will, in fact, shanghai you if you listen, so let me clarify.

This is one of the ones that does not pay attention. Did I not already mention how someone is using my ichimoku cloud? The SD is avialable from E-Signal for $139 per month if you wnat ot pay it, or use the formula I gave you and do it yourself.

The only thing in my methodology no one has access to is my pride and joy, my propietary S&R's. Even them I have mentioned the levels are avialable for all who want them. You can plot them, sit back and enjoy the accuracy of them.

No one will be surprised at the simplicity of trading I already alluded to it. I'm teaching my 3rd grade grandson how to trade.

BTW, I know is going to surprise you, but, I'm mortal to. The proof is in many ways. For one, I won't be here 100 years from now. I'm flattered that you would hold me in such high esteem as to doubt my mortality--lol.

Seriously, like a few others in here, you do need to get your facts straight.

That sort of thinking really appeals to newbies though. It seems to be a common misconception among new traders that the successful have special indicators or access to knowledge to information that us mere mortals don't possess. Whereas in reality people would be surprised at the simplicity of many successful trading systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.