GREY1 P/L daily

rajibde said:
what were your exits based on?- did you plan a scalping approach to these trades?

Cheers

Raj
Sorry Raj, cant now remember, may have been the exhaustion engine may have been loss of bottle or some other non technical approach.

Bear in mind that the trades shown are the executions via IB Smart - they are not all individual trades.

evostik said:
Hi Raj

I seem to get between 4 and 6 clear OB/OS 'signals' on MACCI of INDU each trading day (in 1 min, 3 min and 5 min). Would you mind sharing how many such signals'you get? I ask because I am interested to try and validate my indicators and their interpretation.

If other traders of Strategy 3 wouldn't mind commenting on this too it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Slightly less with me on this about 4 clear signals. That would be anything over the 90 (+/-) on three timeframes.

However, I need to qualify this by saying I am not always at my my screen for the full market hours, so signals may be missed.

Anyone else ?

Hi All,

Can someone please help ?

All my stock charts are lagging my $INDU chart by approx. 10 - 15 minutes (does'nt really matter on the timeframe used).

The $INDU is correct.

What is your datafeed ?
What spec PC are you using ?
How much RAM do you have ?
Are you using Radarscreen ?

Paul

Trader333 said:
What is your datafeed ?
What spec PC are you using ?
How much RAM do you have ?
Are you using Radarscreen ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Dell 5100 - Pentium 4, CPU 3.00GHz
XP
1024mb RAM
Yes Radarscreen
TS - 8.1

Any thoughts ?

vegas said:
Hi Paul,

Dell 5100 - Pentium 4, CPU 3.00GHz
XP
1024mb RAM
Yes Radarscreen
TS - 8.1

Any thoughts ?

Just rebooted again - seems to be okay now !

Bit Worrying - makes trading even harder - if only I could get the charts to be 10 minutes ahead of real time - now that would be good !

Vegas,

This does seem strange, how many symbols do you monitor in one go ?
Also do you know how much capacity your CPU is using ?

Paul

vegas said:
Just rebooted again - seems to be okay now !

Bit Worrying - makes trading even harder - if only I could get the charts to be 10 minutes ahead of real time - now that would be good !
Vegas its Fri 13th ? ;)

Trader333 said:
Just closed at $50.66 for +20c

Paul

Nice trade Trader333 especially since its was in the "dead" session. :arrowr:

edit :eek:
correction:
Paul was the trade taken at around 5.38? uk time as i can't find that price on my chart at that time :eek:

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

I could trade for 3.5 hrs today, till around 1800hrs. In this time I got one complete OB signal from Indu only. However, there were other times when the indu was 'close to' OS especially in the higher timeframes and remembering Grey1's advice on wednesday, I took trades based on Strategy 3 today for a net gain of 45points.

Hope you had a good day too.

Raj

Samtron,

Opportunities can and do occur at any time, however usually the market is quiet between around 4.30pm up until 7pm. The market had just gone oversold and AKAM was the best candidate in my portfolio to make a Long trade on based on this at the time.

Paul

rajibde said:
Hi Steve,

I could trade for 3.5 hrs today, till around 1800hrs. In this time I got one complete OB signal from Indu only. However, there were other times when the indu was 'close to' OS especially in the higher timeframes and remembering Grey1's advice on wednesday, I took trades based on Strategy 3 today for a net gain of 45points.

Hope you had a good day too.

Raj

Raj

Nice one; well done.

If you have the time to share what trades you took that would be great - I can then go back over my charts and learn a thing or two from your success. Which stock, wheteher Long or Short along with time would be brilliant!

Cheers

Steve

Samtron,

The trades were posted as close to live as possible as shown in the attached chart.

Paul

Attachments

• AKAM.gif
    AKAM.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 53
evostik said:
Hi Raj
I seem to get between 4 and 6 clear OB/OS 'signals' on MACCI of INDU each trading day (in 1 min, 3 min and 5 min). Would you mind sharing how many such signals'you get? I ask because I am interested to try and validate my indicators and their interpretation.
If other traders of Strategy 3 wouldn't mind commenting on this too it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
Hi evostik,

I've attached a 5 & 10 Min Chart of INDU ($DJI, on my platform, RT), which shows today's oscillations using the MACCI-20 (6ma). There were not too many today, since we were coming off of new hi yesterday (at close) into this mornings open.

Note, after Grey1's Paltalk on Wed, I've changed my charts to 1, 5 & 10 mins, that is I revised my charts from 1, 3 & 5 mins. If your MACCI's are different, let me know.

NAS

Attachments

• $DJI 5 & 10 Min Charts, Oct 13th.doc
    50 KB · Views: 40
Mixed Market Signals

Generally, I find that all of the Indexes move in the same directions including their O/B & O/S conditions usually about 90% of the time or so. But in times when the Dow hits an all time high (High since 2000), and the NASDAQ has only recovered about half of it's descent from 5,000 in 2000, strange things can happen.

At today's open, the Dow and NASDAQ took off in different directions. The INDU became O/S at 10:15 (ET-NY) through 11:45 (ET) and then got in line with the NASDAQ w/both going in the same direction. On the other hand NASDAQ was O/B right from the open until 11:20 and indicated a short. But the NAS only fell 2 bars and continued in an upward trend. By 11:45 (ET) both INDU & NAS MACCI joined and continued the rest of the day together (lets say they were both obedient by this time, not naughty as they were at open - LOL).

So I noticed this today, and added a Line Chart of both the INDU & NASDAQ superimposed upon each other on a 5 min. chart to observe during the day (including superimposing both MACCI's). Grey1's strategies are really simple, by following his guidance of the top down approach. Therefore, today I started off watching the Indexes to see when I would find an O/B or O/S condition by my indicators. But today, I was a bit shocked, so I watched my charts much more carefully. Fortunately for today, I used my Gap Open strategy and went long on EZPW at 10:08 (ET) for + 0.17, not much, but I was not finding the Indexes showing any clarity - at least to me at the time.

So I don't want to start any debates on which Index to follow, I just added one 5 min chart to keep me aware of any Index Divergence, and that's it. See the 2 attached 5 & 10 Min charts. I showed both 5 & 10 Min charts, but kept only the 5 min in my platform for trading awareness.

Hope This Helps!
NAS

Attachments

• Mixed Market Signals, 5 & 10 Min Charts, Oct 13th.doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 26
evostik said:
Raj

Nice one; well done.

If you have the time to share what trades you took that would be great - I can then go back over my charts and learn a thing or two from your success. Which stock, wheteher Long or Short along with time would be brilliant!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am attaching the 'executions'-the sizes are intentionally very small, primarily so that I can increase my confidence and secondly I'm far away from making a RS indicator which can calculate the position sizes (I know G1 says 5min to make one-not for me though :cry: ) - I am still struggling with the RS easylanguage.

I could have stayed in RHAT for longer and this would have given me a few more points but had to go to the market so I closed the trade.
My exit from SNDK trades were slightly prematured in both the cases as I got out before the EE signal had come.
The ADBE entry was delayed-on a hind sight I should not have entered where I did -from the time I got the signal and decided to enter, the price had already shot up and therefore my entry at the higher price was a wrong one ; G1's message on wed about the stop loss saved me from a big loss.

Raj

Attachments

• untitled 2.PNG
    untitled 2.PNG
    61.7 KB · Views: 45
Trader333 said:
Samtron,

The trades were posted as close to live as possible as shown in the attached chart.

Paul

Cheers Paul,

I get confused by my T2W clock settings, all time-stamps for postings are out by an hour :eek:

I'm far away from making a RS indicator which can calculate the position sizes (I know G1 says 5min to make one-not for me though ) - I am still struggling with the RS easylanguage.

Raj,

What do you mean by RS when looking at position size ? I have set position size based on volatility and it is not difficult to code. If you give a little more detail I may be able to help you :)

Paul