FX trading week Sept 17 - 21

jacinto

cant think of a poll, so please suggest.

attached is cable daily with support-resistance based on relevant weekly closes.

the obvious driver is FOMC. however, keep an eye open on how the NR issue develops.

Attachments

• cable 3rd week sept.gif
    cable 3rd week sept.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 335
I am long on USD/JPY....:cheesy:

Attachments

• usdjpy.gif
    usdjpy.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 285
I am long on USD/JPY....:cheesy:

Hi mr Black you have not been around for a while , what you been doing ?

I am waiting to go long on euro /jap , but it dose not tick all my boxes yet
good luck with your trade
hornblower

great call last week jacinto ever since you said cables topped its dropped like a stone with the euro not looking so keen as shown in eur/gbp

great call last week jacinto ever since you said cables topped its dropped like a stone with the euro not looking so keen as shown in eur/gbp

thanks mate, but i didnt trade it, so dont count it as a "call".

it was just a view on what i was seeing on the chart, and at the price behaviour at what i thought was resistance. besides, eurgbp had given a long a day or two before, yet eurusd was making its thing, so no trade for me.

hindsight is beautiful, but no trade, no call :eek:

the one that did call it and traded it, a bit early unfortunately was Tony. he is the one with the good call if you ask me.

actually, im posting the chart which made me think the top was in place. 15 min chart (using line charts to focus on closes). rectangles are 4hr bars. at times i find closing prices as giving a lot of information. my argument for a top was based on 4hr bars failing to close above resistance.

Attachments

• cable top.gif
    cable top.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 304
I am short on EUR/USD....:cheesy:

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 307
long pound but ............

Nice long from bottom of stoch cross now prepare for short from 80 level?
Short trades seem dominant on hourly.

Attachments

• pound.JPG
    pound.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 303
I am closing EUR/USD and USD/JPY for some profit...:cheesy:

Attachments

• usdjpy.gif
    usdjpy.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 247
GBP/USD looking interesting on 1 hour chart.

Newbie in action: sold when 20 pt profit... it's still going... already would have got 50 pts... no... 80 pts.

It's cut your profits, let losses run, right? :rolleyes:

I think my stops are too tight... 15pts... should I be using 30pts with Forex?

Re: Stops

Hi Sn,

Stops are decided on the time of the day that you decide to trade if you are a scalper.
If you are trading during uk and Ny session then I would definately suggest a minimm stop of 30 pips...but if you have ploted your fibs and daily pivots in then you should have a stop and limits within these zones..

Happy Trading
Rav

Hi Sn,

Stops are decided on the time of the day that you decide to trade if you are a scalper.
If you are trading during uk and Ny session then I would definately suggest a minimm stop of 30 pips...but if you have ploted your fibs and daily pivots in then you should have a stop and limits within these zones..

Happy Trading
Rav
Hi Rav, good to see you, I am slowly getting back to trading after a short break due to some changes I had to make.

Hey good 2 see you 2be...
I am waiting for trend setting to take place right now....
So am going to hit forex heavily tonight and tommorow....
Shadowninja...I hope your trading day has been going well...

Happy Trading

Hi

I am certainly pleased with what I've done. I feel I've made good decisions, and while profit hasn't been there, means I feel I am coming to grips with things. None of this "it's worth a punt" business.

Hope your day's been good.

-Darren

Hey good 2 see you 2be...
I am waiting for trend setting to take place right now....
So am going to hit forex heavily tonight and tommorow....
Shadowninja...I hope your trading day has been going well...

Happy Trading
I shall wait for the Tokyo session to start and this would help me to evaluate the end of day data to get an indication for the next day.
Happy trading, 2be

Here are some tips on how to trade fomc.......

I guess with fomc round the corner we should have a quiet day tommorow till the announcement is made...so trade the range....is my trading plan for tommorow.

I came across these very detailed notes on the net on trading the fomc..so I thought I would share my knowledge with all my fellow traders..

Happy Traders...

2be you gonna be night trading then??

Bring it on is all I can say...

Attachments

• fomc1.JPG
    fomc1.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 175
  • fomc2.JPG
    fomc2.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 168
  • fomc3.JPG
    fomc3.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 166
  • fomc5.JPG
    fomc5.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 176
According to Current Trading Ranges:
THESE ARE MY TRADES....

1.GBP\JPY: 229.85---Nice short point I dont see much of momentum to the upside. Stop for this trade would be 50 pips---Target would be 229.35

2.Eur\JPY:Sell@ 159.75 and buy @ 45...should pretty much follow this rage through the night..stop should be 30 pips either side ..This is the one where you target 15 pips but you hit it heavy well that is what I do...

Both the order are in for these crosses:
so a recap
Order1:
Short @ 229.85
Stop @ 230.35
Target@ 229.35.

Order 2:
Short@ 159.75
Stop@ 160.15
Target: 159.45

Order2:
[email protected]
Stop@ 159.05
Target :159.75

Best of luck happy Trading
Goodnight..
I will update the boards if my alarms go off...

I guess with fomc round the corner we should have a quiet day tommorow till the announcement is made...so trade the range....is my trading plan for tommorow.

I came across these very detailed notes on the net on trading the fomc..so I thought I would share my knowledge with all my fellow traders..

Happy Traders...

2be you gonna be night trading then??

Bring it on is all I can say...
Hi Rav, I will try to put a trade adter analysis of the end of day data, I got CIS eod feed available from 11.30pm onwards. Cable appears to be in downtrend, though tomorrow's FOMC might slow the cables decline, if the cut is more then a 1/4%. On the other side it could and possibly would give a good contrarian trading apportunity. I expect short term and medium term to continue down, Fib price projection 9865@50% , [email protected]%, with the Fib Time projection indicating 21st Sept as a strong possibility. These are only projactions and I time the entry on much smaller time frames with candles and the other indicators.
Happy trading 2be