FX trading week Sept 17 - 21

Not really been into forex.....

Not really been into forex in a great way, but just going to dip my feet in and have a go. Very excited to see what the potential profits are, as opposed to simple index trading.
Over 40,000 pips ahead on the forex competion since april 07 - well done OPTIONS

I am closing My short trade for 13 pips profit....:cheesy:

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 180
I check in on this thread from time to time and the fact that no-one's even mentioned the FOMC last night / this morning has confirmed my previously held view that it's not a thread that is likely to add much value. How can you guys be trading FX and not be looking at the single most important market event that's happened in the past few weeks. Bizarre.

Good luck trading blind guys

Who thinks we need to be exposed to reported news information to be able to trade effectively ? next weeks poll maybe .

If a man is deaf to the news would his sight to whats happening be sharper and more focused ?

Should we trade on the price or texts (visible or vocal bits) of information (other than price) ?

And what was the feds decision over rates ? I do not know.

I also think wholesale boys would make much more money if they focused on a shorter time frame . Why they choose a "Fat fingered" approach to trading I do not know.

Why do they ? Anyone have a sensbile answer ?

i love bull flags :D and what i love even more is early entry on bull flags :cheesy:

oh, and what i love even even more is when they reach their target at 163.30

well, this hasnt moved as expected. i am raising my stop to BE, and either take zero, or take +155

out now flat

Last edited:
nice! why did you decide to hold as it did its retrace? is it just a risk you take that it really is going to retrace?

I just found it odd that the chatter on this thread this morning was the same as yesterday almost as if nothing had happened overnight.

The wholesale markets are very much focused on these things, and that is very much the tail that wags the dog.

I can't see myself ever being purely a technician, and even more so given the kind of extremely short term charts that most people on these threads seem to use - no-one with market moving amounts of money cares about that kind of thing.

The timeframes (utilized) reflect the attitudes I guess?

No disrespects to anyone, & I could be proved wrong? but the supposed avg stakes being punted thru the retail shops, on sub hourly timeframes, with quite tight stop/risk parameters, won't generally be gunning for (even) medium term runs up & down the ladder.

Yet, given the true costs (inflated spreads, re-quotes, price skews etc) of execution roll up, it's those types of strategies which would undoubtedly help to offset said costings.

Like you say, everyone's entitled to run their ship according to their own rules, but decisions based around longevity of trade positions (including position compounding etc)are very much dictated by the account balance. And I doubt many retail shop participants will be blessed with a top heavy bank roll?

When the $$'s are tight, the mind needs to be extra strong! Unfortunately, that's often the first thing which breaks down, & if you're punting with scared money, your outlook (& analysis) tends to get clouded.