FX trading Oct 15-19

Out for +3. That was one hell of a spike!

At least it was +3 and not -33 :LOL:

Would have given you a good entry for a buy trade though as it came back to test the support/resistance level it broke as the high of the 5.00am candle.

I'm waiting now to see how it settles down - don't like being in trades around news time. :rolleyes:

At least it was +3 and not -33 :LOL:
Very true. But (2nd newbie type mistake of the week) I should have stayed put. It was 12 pips short of my stop at the highest and I just got frit out of it!

A mountain top awaits....

Now then , now then ...

Now then , now then ,Wows about that then, did you know guys n gals that a very good friend of mine, the one and only Colonel Coin, has buns of steel?

As it happens ,he does...

Attachments

• js.jpg
    js.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 415
yesterday, GBPUSD bounced off the green (longer-term) support line to within a couple of pips. of course, (it was only after the fact this was apparent. previously, it went through it.)
allowing for wiggle, yesterday was the third hit of the support line in two weeks, not counting initial forming of the support line.

anyway, I have cable in UP-mode, but am wary that it is nearing the resistance longer-term resistance.

will cable falter at the 2.0445 area?

Attachments

• gbpusd-oct18-supres.gif
    gbpusd-oct18-supres.gif
    76.4 KB · Views: 138
You're probably right to be Bullish – for the simple fact that I'm still Bearish!

However, I am experiencing some difficulty convincing Cable of the fact.

From an hourly perspective it is distinctly ranging, but a wide enough range to provide worthwhile plays.

What on earth happened this morning? Long on EUR/USD from yesterday and it's jumped over 100 points.

GBP/USD testing last week's high.

continued Dollar gloom i think, extra spurt? from BANK of America's earnings didnt help the dollar.. ?

mmm as good a reason as any I suppose, but fed rate cut october looks more solid 25/50 points ? UK rates to ease after xmas ? cable might have another pop up 2.10 odd... next month or so ?

Maybe a thread should open up called

The $100 oil & EURUSD 1.50 party Zone.

:p

:D

I was reading on Forex Factory that it was likely that EUR/USD would touch 1.4500 in the next 8 months.

well, well.
the longer-TF resistance (green line) was breached, and price went above it, especially for the US session.
but today it formed a Lower High (during asian session) than yesterday, and this morning went below yesterdays US-session lows.

the relative Low, and the LL both seem to be supported up by yesterdays high of the european session range. (light-blue lines)

Attachments

• gbpusd-oct19-supres.gif
    gbpusd-oct19-supres.gif
    72.2 KB · Views: 179
well, well.
the longer-TF resistance (green line) was breached, and price went above it, especially for the US session.
but today it formed a Lower High (during asian session) than yesterday, and this morning went below yesterdays US-session lows.

the relative Low, and the LL both seem to be supported up by yesterdays high of the european session range. (light-blue lines)

hi trendie
it all looks a little complicated
I am long from 425

hi trendie
it all looks a little complicated
I am long from 425

I am just thinking aloud, and trying to get into sup/res, so feel free to mock my analysis. :)
(I am just curious whether I have got the HL and LL is valid)

I think your LONG at 425 is low-risk, and a pretty good call.

I am just thinking aloud, and trying to get into sup/res, so feel free to mock my analysis. :)

You have both a LH and an LL on that chart.

Hi all

Just started looking at pairs, (ftse mornings intra day due to time pressure) and well your posts look good to me, just got to work out all session times etc :confused:

Thanks anyway for posting