FX trading Oct 15-19

I'm a long-term bear this week. (Long term is a week....)

What impact do you think Putin's assination will have on Cable?

I'm a long-term bear this week. (Long term is a week....)

What impact do you think Putin's assination will have on Cable?

dunno.
if the squiggly line points down, I look to sell.
if the squiggly line points up, I look to buy.

hmmm someone been shot ?

Colonel Coins selling GBPJPY from levels 239.80/90 with the following rant..

"Do you know what that smells like gentlemen? VIctory!"

Attachments

• Colonel_Coin.jpg
    Colonel_Coin.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 704
lol ,Putins still alive at the mo isnt he ? reading the news with a plot maybe in Iran today but nothings happend has it ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7044268.stm

As far as I can tell, he hasn't even left the country. Not that I'm watching him. I will send a message to my russian comrades to find out (they'll be the ninjas wearing white, fur-lined ninja suits; fur-lined because fur is back in fashion; it's fake fur, mind, we don't want the greenies bashing down the front door of our hidden ninja lair; just to help you get a feel for what my colleagues in Russia wear, I thought I'd give you this link: Russian ninjas training).

Last edited:
My trades for today on first long was 4 pips profit a wash.... on second trade short made some ca$h....

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 237
Cable Bullish Flag - rectangle?

My thoughts on potential cable flag?
Where would your confirmed entry be on this pattern? Seeing as we are dancing around Resistance.
Would you play this as bullish consolidation in the 1st place?

NOTE: Chart text should read 2.0630 and not 2.630.

Attachments

• cable 15oct.png
    cable 15oct.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 207
My thoughts on potential cable flag?
Where would your confirmed entry be on this pattern? Seeing as we are dancing around Resistance.
Would you play this as bullish consolidation in the 1st place?

NOTE: Chart text should read 2.0630 and not 2.630.
A possible entry would be long @ 20483/85 with a tight SL and if the move continues to the north, then build the position surpassing the 20600 levels, or day trading buying the dips. This long entry would be in accordance to the principle of the polarity change, when the resistance once crossed would become support, in this case a region of 20480.
A short entry would be a sell below 20245 with the target in the region of 20000.
In any case it is worth to wait for the trade to come to us.
Otherwise scalping is likely for 20 /30pps on a shorter time frames.
Happy trading to all.
2be

yesterdays highs respected the green-line Resistance.
( I have extended the green-line forwards; havent moved it up or down to make it fit!!)

I missed todays SHORT entry on cable as I only just got up!
however, the move down was a bit spikey, so dont know if it will bounce, rather than gently trend.

what are your opinions on HOW the market moves rather where it moves to?
for example, do you consider a move where the price rises/falls over a period of time to reach a certain price "different" to a move which happens in a sharp burst?

does the way a price target is reached affect your assessment of the quality of the move?

Attachments

• gbpusd-oct16-supres.gif
    gbpusd-oct16-supres.gif
    73.4 KB · Views: 252
Cable Analysis - Wednesday October 17th 2007

Inner band at 0311 to 0328.

Outer band at 0279 to 0360.

Currently (08:05) sitting just below upper inner level at 323.

Interestingly, the outer band levels coincide precisely with strong hourly levels over the last couple of weeks.

Still maintaining an overall Bearish outlook for Cable (in spite of humility inspiring screw-up of a trade Monday which unfortunately came good. Still waiting for my Karma to catch up with me on that one…).

Very flat momentum showing no major divergence so I’ll sit sight and wait for a confirmed break and re-test or a demonstrably positive rebuttal on any of these levels before constructing my plans.

Coins over the top long GBPJPY 236.50 :p

how much poke ? gawd knows but for the next few hours should have look upwards..

Bearish Divergence. Short to lower outer band at 0279 (TP at 0285) - stop at inner lower band+5 0316.

LOL! Karma got me....I can relax now...:LOL:

Got taken out bar after entry. If you're wrong, it pays to find out as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Waiting to see if the upper outer band at 360 will provide Resistance. Although the price has hit a session high of 371, the 360 should provide a barrier, if only temporarily.