FX Trade Setups, Entries, Management and Exit

Took a while for eur/aud to line up - almost 16 hours - be good to get some payback from it. Of a positive kind.

Increase in Aussie oil imports (+1% versus -1% prev) has given eur/aud a little boost. Weird, becasue I thought most barbies ran on propane,

Moved stop to 5056 rather than b/e as the weekly R1 is at 5063.

For in-play stop setting I normally use nearest s/r level + spread + 5 pips.

Technical exits from both stochastic and linear regression channel on close of last bar so stop moved in tight to 5059. Spread + 5 below prior bar’s low at 5067.

Stop up to 5074. Don't want to give it all back and the last 2 bars have failed to make a new high.

Remaining half stopped at 5074.

+17 on first half +16 on the remaining half on initial risk of 23 yields +0.72 risk. MAE 8 MFE 26.

gbp/usd stop to 6393. I'm not waiting for the close. If it rebounds off this level it could be sharp.

Basic entry setup is price the right side of a bunch of moving averages, the 49 being the one I’m looking for it to break through or rebound from. I use an 11 average with a close the right side of that to trigger the entry.

It had been working quite well up until a recent work break, but since returning a couple of days back it has given fairly lacklustre results. I’m taking a view that a couple of days happens every now and again.

aud/jpy monthly S1 at 92.13. A second consecutive close below it and I'll move the stop down to 92.20.