FX Trade Setups, Entries, Management and Exit

There was a trader who posted on this site a long time back - hasn't posted here for more than 7 years now - whose style was very technical. Chart patterns, for which I've never really got a handle, were his (or her?) forte.

What surprises me is that this person came across as a real pro - quiet, humble (-ish) and smart with a tiny bit of edge - yet was heavily into the technical aspects of trading and charting. I had previously thought that only us retail bods were into that side of things.

I found their posts interesting to say the least and more than a little sorry they're no longer around. I've also taken on board his/her sig. "By the time the market 'confirms' what you suspected, it is TOO LATE. By the time the market passes or fails a 'test', it is too late. To be paid, you must act upon your suspicions before they are manifested.". My regards to Tradesmart.

aud/usd seemingly now clear of the welter of resistance levels at 25/30 appears less than mustard on carrying on the move. No reason to exit the position yet, but I had calculated I wouldn't necessarily need to check on progress until it reached the half-century.

Seems I have chosen for my re-entry into forex trading after a bit of a break (enforced) a day where most pairs seem to be regressing to, through and wobbling around, their mean.