FX Trade Setups, Entries, Management and Exit

scholfield - what was the basis for the 2nd short on cable?

What was the basis of the short oil trade?

..... Is that a heresy?.....

No, it's not :) Short term trading of our sort is about making assumptions (intelligent guesses if you prefer) at the right time (when there's decent movement), taking adequate advantage when it moves favourably and limiting disadvantage when it doesn't.

That's why good traders think of being "right" or "wrong" in terms of how they've managed the trade, not whether it moved favourably or not.

scholfield - what was the basis for the 2nd short on cable?

What was the basis of the short oil trade?

Pretty much all of my trades are based on my own little system which mainly uses a mixture of momentum divergence, support/resistance/trendlines. I mainly take trades in the direction of what I percieve to be the trend.
It gave me months of profits, but at the moment it feels like flipping a coin! :)

I should probably learn to ignore all tecnical setups when news is heavily influencing the movement of price on the day. Tends to further reduce the probability of profits for me.

aud/cad potential long on watch-list. Still have potential long aud/usd and short eur/aud in my sights.

Pretty much all of my trades are based on my own little system which mainly uses a mixture of momentum divergence, support/resistance/trendlines. I mainly take trades in the direction of what I percieve to be the trend.
You trade the 5 minute chart on all instruments?

aud/usd long stop at 9343, 10 pips below weekly high, daily open and below half-century.

eur/aud short stop at 4284, 10 pips above daily open and weekly S1.

aud/cad out for -2. Failed to make a higher high and there's resistance at 9642 which I can't see on any technical basis. Don't understand it - don't like price action. Take a small loss.