• Within 200 pips of Fridays close

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Lower by at least 200 pips

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • irrelevant to my trading style

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the trade balance was marginally weak for sterling. Nothing there to encourage a rate rise but deficit still growing.

Uphios said:
I think the trade balance was marginally weak for sterling. Nothing there to encourage a rate rise but deficit still growing.

Just gone long at 291. Nice pickup from 280. Target a mere 310 at the mo. SL 275.

still waiting for cable
meanwhile 197 FTSE gives me 2 lots of 30 this morning will now wait for another entry before close to hold over, cable should start its move now

dc2000 said:
still waiting for cable
meanwhile 197 FTSE gives me 2 lots of 30 this morning will now wait for another entry before close to hold over, cable should start its move now
Oh I hope so. Out at the moment, caught myself sleeping so decided to close in case of sudden moves. Needn't have bothered.

Don't forget that the clocks have gone forward one hour in the USA as of Sun 11 March & EST is now 4 hours behing GMT. Therefore retail sales is at 1230GMT & not 1330GMT!

JTrader said:
Don't forget that the clocks have gone forward one hour in the USA as of Sun 11 March & EST is now 4 hours behing GMT. Therefore retail sales is at 1230GMT & not 1330GMT!

Thanks JTrader that's good to know.

I think we are going to have a special day today. On my 30min charts I see downside brakeout of the BBands with a small pull back. However, I'm in a dilemma as I am bullish on cable but the charts showing bearish tendencies.

It has had good support from 280 but I'm not clear on direction. :confused:

I'm still long but looking to get out either at 310 or 275.

Offshore Trader said:
A sustained breakout in either direction would be nice

Well I'm relieved to be out now with 19pips.

Yes either direction preferably on the upside would suit me.

On slighter bigger range anything above 330 or below 270 may tempt me back in.

I'm expecting some big movements today though.

Time will tell all.

So the game plan is Long@ 31 stop @ 00-I do not set limit orders
And Short @ 76 stop @ 00-I do not set limit orders

I will execute my trades on clear break......
Happy Trading
Rav

In An ideal world a short down to 225 and a reversal to 430 would be ace.....(The perfect DC Trade)

rav700 said:
So the game plan is Long@ 31 stop @ 00-I do not set limit orders
And Short @ 76 stop @ 00-I do not set limit orders

I will execute my trades on clear break......
Happy Trading
Rav

In An ideal world a short down to 225 and a reversal to 430 would be ace.....(The perfect DC Trade)

Looking good but will wait to see some stabilisation.

Hmmm.

Well, still closing above 310 at this stage last couple o days. so its closing higher. Will update tomorrow.

In depth market analysis. Think I'd get a job as a FX analyst based on that ? :)

rav700 said:
Sorry for the quickness of posting my trade

That's ok Rav, always a pleasure to read your posts. :)

I'm still watching and waiting. It's so range bound in a tight band with no direction makes me a little uneasy. I'll keep watching and waiting but the fundamentals were in the right direction. :)

I am out from +30 pips I dont think there is enough mommentum for it to break out properly

rav700 said:
I am out from +30 pips I dont think there is enough mommentum for it to break out properly

Good trade. I went downstairs and came back up and it was 344. Watched it retrace and bounce and have just gone long at 338. Will have to watch now.

US housing & debt stats look poorly and at this rate + elections no chance of rate rises more like falls.

needuls to say Im now long 28 and also short again FTSE holding till the cows come home 1.9500+cable 5930 FTSE

dc2000 said:
needuls to say Im now long 28 and also short again FTSE holding till the cows come home 1.9500+cable 5930 FTSE

Got back to my terminal only to see I've lost my early measly pips...

Be interesting if the 280 resistance has now moved up a notch to become 310 as the Crap Buddist pointed out.

I think if it sinks below so will my bullish confidence.

Good things come to those who wait an all that, but does cable not realise it has an appointment with destiny @1.9573 and I hear she's a goddess worthy of getting a rush on