Futures Biases

I was thinking about your post and was wondering how does one go about getting trained by big fish. Im sure that there are not many big fish out there willing to train people but plenty of people looking to be trained. Is it about having a great resumé and great grades in a business degree or rather knowing the right people. Do they consider people without economics degrees to be clueless gamblers? I have an uncle who works in high places at a bank (approves loans over 1 million) and im wondering if i should try to take advantage of that somehow.

Hey, good question...
To be honest, after awhile you'll find or should find everything in one's life is considered relative to a certain extent.
Good economists are treated very well, I think.
Personally speaking, I started at a young age, maybe 13-14 reading about capital markets, macro events and how these functions influenced the markets.
I literally walked in off the street believe it or not, Looking back I didn't even have my degree until 6 months into the job. Keep in mind for those 6 months I had no contact with clients all I did was cold-call( ceo's, presidents, cfo's etc...) and sweep floors...

Yeah, why not talk to your uncle?

hearing rumors of currency intervention by BOJ. Any news on your end Jack... :)

would rather see the 105 mark first...

futures yen chart...

canadian should spike up... soon. Looking at silver...price patterns similar.

Attachments

• 11252007-163935.jpg
    11252007-163935.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 145

Big repo's sitting on CAD desks via New York...as per strange price action, someone big is in on the action... BOC...Plus it's getting cold out...brrrrrrr...:cheesy:.. weather might take the CAD down to under parity again....
BOJ is more quiet, I'll let you know...but I can tell you fukui supporters have the patience of saints...

How's the weather???...:cheesy:

Please forgive my noobishness but I have a question. I take BOJ to mean bank of japan, so what would BOJ be doing to their currency at this time and why?

Please forgive my noobishness but I have a question. I take BOJ to mean bank of japan, so what would BOJ be doing to their currency at this time and why?

same concept as the Yuan, export advantage...

BOJ manipulates or intervenes, but hasn't so far...

intervention would support the nikkei for a brief amount of time..secondary to gains in exporter shares..

if this went through surely it would encourage these events to happen. cia are probably thinking we dont need to hire assasins anymore well just open a futures contract on them

it was scrapped a few days later secondary to the publicity...

But I imagine a derivative of it is being used to monitor financial positions and orderflow on all the major exchanges..the counterparties are known.

Big repo's sitting on CAD desks via New York...as per strange price action, someone big is in on the action... BOC...Plus it's getting cold out...brrrrrrr...:cheesy:.. weather might take the CAD down to under parity again....
BOJ is more quiet, I'll let you know...but I can tell you fukui supporters have the patience of saints...

How's the weather???...:cheesy:

..there is a lot of money looking to get long the CAD. Since Oil/Gold/Silver are breaking upwards again.

Keep an eye on the AUD..moves with CAD.

..there is a lot of money looking to get long the CAD. Since Oil/Gold/Silver are breaking upwards again.

Keep an eye on the AUD..moves with CAD.

AUD should be a relative strength winner and should have more upside down the road... but not without drama in CAD, I tend to agree with you...Been fading in (long) AUD/CAD for a week or so, only turned profitable last Friday...took some off the table...and waiting for another a strong entry...

Not really usefull but i thought it was interesting how fractal like this was

Attachments

• usdcad.JPG
    usdcad.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 141
Not really usefull but i thought it was interesting how fractal like this was

Nice looking hammer on your daily.
Watch for how it closes...and if it's followed by a stronger move, than great.
But if consolidates for more 12 hours than there's a good chance it will move against you, just another method of cleaning up stops via corporate order flow.

Ok, samurai savings names dumping yen lightly on the back of "new investment schemes/ funds the word often used being... diversification abroad...
Sporadic at best right now but might have iceberg written all over it with some help from fundies, spec's and BOE next week.
Man, these samurai's do a ton of repo's!..
Either NIK 225 stalls or...

Last edited:
My bias on usd/sar (saudi arabian riyal) is down. From what I have read there is alot of pressure on saudi arabia to push the value of its currency up. They are talking about removing the long standing peg against the usd (maby they have already? I cant find any info on if they have but looking at the chart it looks like they may have)

In summation I think the probability of order flow causing this pair to go up is much less than the probability of it going down. Also I think that looking at a several year chart it is obvious that something is going on and many speculators will probably get short and slowly push it down.

Attachments

• usdsar.JPG
    usdsar.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 156