FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

2lvhdkw.gif

interesting read from CNBC

S&P to start its correction today, analyst warns

Meanwhile, Steve Miley, technical strategist at TheMarketChartist.com, also told CNBC Friday that the DAX would "likely correct further and go slightly lower into next week."

He offered a bottom for the DAX of around 11,650 points, to occur sometime next week. This would mean a 6 percent drop from its peak of 12,374 points on April 10.

The index is currently at 11,998 points and has seen stellar gains of 22 percent this year on the back of quantitative easing by the European Central Bank. The S&P 500 is currently at 2,104 points and has edged 2.2 percent higher so far this year.

PivotHunters' Kanoun spoke of a "convergence" between major global benchmarks this year, especially the S&P 500 and the DAX.

Kanoun might be cautious in the short-term, but he also believes the correction will be followed by hefty gains. The S&P 500 will finish the year near 2,200 points, he said, and the DAX could even hit 13,500 points.
There is some space beneath for Dax to accomodate its PA, but I would be cautious counting on gurus super knowledge.
Dax can reach much lower levels, probably after smashing some serious short's SL:)
Nobody knows, but it is very likely.
4th EW are usually full of surprises.
We need to seek some advice from Athens, I still cannot understand how Greek homeowners are demanding cash from German tenants:LOL: If they can arrange for that, what else are they capable of:smart::eek:
No surprise in Greece they can afford to retire early, majority of Germans have to work to pay the rent:confused: And so DAX will eventually go up, not yet though, that 4th EW has to finish.
Last few days were spectacular for shorting Dax, it will not last that long, but while it goes down, the only thing remaining is to follow the market :):cool:(y)
Wishing everybody a good weekend,
2be

Last edited:
2hntnpc.gif

trend support at 17800 area
down to horizontal supp at 17730 area
lets see what happens
is it a recoil in a downtrend or a full blown rally ??

dax started breaking down the day before the dow..greece ??
for such a bullish index then those 2 areas might be a magnet for bull tests..imho
especially 11900
we either break lower or bull test

nce9u8.gif

When i traded before i never used charts but i can see their use when the markets are trending.
The only problem with being married to charts is when some news comes out that drives the market and murders your theory.
NEWS is a massive factor imho.
I would love to here the chartists views on this.
I mean in theory the dow /dax ftse/ should go up again soon as we are in a bull(unless its topped?)
I can also honestly say that anyone who doesnt use automatic stops as they enter positions is not a proper traded.
If you trade long enough you will see moves in seconds that can wipe you out.As soon as anyone says they dont use stops i know that they will never make it.
Monday should be interesting

Personally I have been waiting for the drop to start for a good while I have no upper targets do say lower 6500 on ftse

morning
seems to be most opinions are bullish i think down a lot further down over time

dax started breaking down the day before the dow..greece ??
for such a bullish index then those 2 areas might be a magnet for bull tests..imho
especially 11900
we either break lower or bull test

nce9u8.gif
11800 area hit and scalp short
closed a few mins ago
more than my jobs worth !!

did not get time today to even look into the charts..... travel plan coming up soon, busy in paper work....

gonna open chart now... otherwise my lunch not gonna test nice.... :)

technically, 11920 area has now becoming shorting area unless breached... and as of now no sign ...

Attachments

• DAX_20APRV1.jpg
    DAX_20APRV1.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 84
my previous trend change dates 24th/27th... (24th is likely) still holds.... a new trend should start on those dates....