FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

agreed, I usually switch off at 11'ish, I think I may be breaking my rules.

Good to see you back Jessi

Next support form late march? 4hr chart

Forgot to draw a prior fib line at 11720

Attachments

• daxxx.PNG
    daxxx.PNG
    115.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Previous shakeouts often end with a doji .... daily chart

Yes... considering QE and its effect I do not think the sell-off going to be very strong.... so its just the profit taking opportunity I guess....

About a week ago the average volume was 110 M roughly and yesterday we have about less than 90M....

at some point this year, I think DAX will test 10,000 mark....

The breakout from 10,000 was very strong and that's after 1 year of consolidation... breakout target from 10,000 was roughly about 12,000 which we have already seen....

Attachments

• DAX_17APRW.jpg
    DAX_17APRW.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 78
anyone brave enough to go long personally will only add shorts on ftse if we retrace no longs

anybody having problems with city index platform, charts beyond slow, wondering if its broadband as I bought new laptop was that frustrated but nothing changed

anyone brave enough to go long personally will only add shorts on ftse if we retrace no longs

Its no market for long with no evidence of buying.... shorting is the right way if we can find correct entry point... fast moving market making it hard to place short at right level....

the latest uptrend on 5 min
note the p/f signal near the green line allows us to draw red lines
there is a column of O "s..aqua that has an active downside vertical count
the chart is both bullish but minor bear trend
whether the bears can get follow thru..who knows

vn2vwo.gif
we had it marked yesterday morning

interesting read from CNBC

S&P to start its correction today, analyst warns

Meanwhile, Steve Miley, technical strategist at TheMarketChartist.com, also told CNBC Friday that the DAX would "likely correct further and go slightly lower into next week."

He offered a bottom for the DAX of around 11,650 points, to occur sometime next week. This would mean a 6 percent drop from its peak of 12,374 points on April 10.

The index is currently at 11,998 points and has seen stellar gains of 22 percent this year on the back of quantitative easing by the European Central Bank. The S&P 500 is currently at 2,104 points and has edged 2.2 percent higher so far this year.

PivotHunters' Kanoun spoke of a "convergence" between major global benchmarks this year, especially the S&P 500 and the DAX.

Kanoun might be cautious in the short-term, but he also believes the correction will be followed by hefty gains. The S&P 500 will finish the year near 2,200 points, he said, and the DAX could even hit 13,500 points.

what a week... DAX lost about 730 points in 5 days...that's about 6%....

Have a great weekend everyone....

remember that chart we posted 2 weeks ago with that big consolidation and massive res area
it just played as a move up to res and and then a tank...nothing more
bulls got cold feet...lol

fxa5vo.gif