FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

a better veiw
the uptrend that started on 31 july has fininished
now we are in a messy consolidation

2myrz7s.gif

messy consolidations give lots of points...no real direction as chronic pointed out
just pick off those minor trends and trade them...no real bias in that mess

Last edited:
DAX - PP Levels...

Attempted breakout from the downward trending falls but so far failed bouncing back down from PP-R1 @ 11677. This is key R for now. DAX needs to break above PP-R2 @ 11745 to show strength. Technically, still looking weak and trying to hold 11600. Losing momentum and feel yesterday's hard work by the bulls undone by China's over night moves.

Feel will be probing today... (n)
Targets are;
PP-S1 @ 11486
PP-S2 @ 11363

Attachments

• DAX_D_150811_0805.GIF
    DAX_D_150811_0805.GIF
    37.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DAX_D_150811_0806.GIF
    DAX_D_150811_0806.GIF
    54 KB · Views: 64
SPX - PP Levels

Moving in a narrowing range and an expected breakout / breakdown imminent.

Markets going ape-pooh on Fed rate rise. No surprises. Wondering if China is sending a signal to the US. Don't raise rates?

Or are they saying, look guys we really REALLY in the pooh our selves help us out here. Heard someone say they want to be listed as a reserve currency and this is just political maneuverings. I think they have lost credibility with their market interventions and witch hunts. Can't see them being allowed.

SPX PP level is 2096. Can't see it holding. When US markets open they will be spooked with China move coupled with rate rises on the horizon and effect on the $. Same as strong sterling. Will lead to no rate rises and markets should come off the boils imo.

Target are;
PP-S1 @ 2086
PP-S2 @ 2067

On the upside we have PP-R1 @ 2115 but what it will take to move market up here short of Fed announcing no rate increases - I have no idea.

Attachments

• SPX_4H_150811_0827.GIF
    SPX_4H_150811_0827.GIF
    28.3 KB · Views: 67
Pin bar on 15m charts for DAX off trusted 11520.

Will it hold that's the question? No, not imo.

(n)

But it all depends on your time frames. :rolleyes::whistle:cheesy:

10:00 German Zew econ sentiment
13:30 US labour costs...

These two pieces of news may have a bigger impact than usual given mornings' market move.

Euro's risen to 1.10+ levels too. Never good for the DAX bearing in mind the inverse relationship.

Currency wars going to take a new meaning. Very interesting developments.

One analyst reported China being a manufacturing economy will see their costs rise initially and so likely to impact cash flow.

Bear in mind Russia and India have also been reducing interest rates.

So I'm wondering how the US and UK raise them when Global economic strength is so below par.

We are likely to continue soldiering on and markets coming off the highs until next year. 2nd dip whether rates rise or not just around the corner imo.

I know you guys are all techies but beware that we are at a precipice... Think White Cliffs of Dover. :?: I should qualify this statement and say I have strong bias to the darkside... (n)

Euro's risen to 1.10+ levels too. Never good for the DAX bearing in mind the inverse relationship.

Currency wars going to take a new meaning. Very interesting developments.

One analyst reported China being a manufacturing economy will see their costs rise initially and so likely to impact cash flow.

Bear in mind Russia and India have also been reducing interest rates.

So I'm wondering how the US and UK raise them when Global economic strength is so below par.

We are likely to continue soldiering on and markets coming off the highs until next year. 2nd dip whether rates rise or not just around the corner imo.

I know you guys are all techies but beware that we are at a precipice... Think White Cliffs of Dover. :?: I should qualify this statement and say I have strong bias to the darkside... (n)

I have moved all my money out of stocks. I started looking at Investing in Water and Rail yesterday haha

But I 100% agree, that S&P chart says it all really. Is this the most obvious impending market crash in years??

Thanks Atilla

Minor downtrend started on Dax this mornning - see 1 min.

Yes for sure. I watch the 5/15min charts and MAs have pretty much all crossed over.

I think PP 11554 will act as resistance and it's likely to tank back down imo.

Wondering how the US will react?

Attachments

• DAX_15m_150811_0907.GIF
    DAX_15m_150811_0907.GIF
    32.6 KB · Views: 134
Yes for sure. I watch the 5/15min charts and MAs have pretty much all crossed over.

spx hourly, rsi shows good opp last night.

the upmoves are getting smaller, my bias still to the downside

Attachments

• snp hour.png
    snp hour.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 145
11650-11694 area should cap it IMO. Bulls running out of stem. look on 4 hour chart, you see price getting squeezed (market has no clue what to do - see Dentist), ready for a pop sometime this week. On Daily and 4 hour, sell signal getting stronger. Looks like it may head South to 11200, possible 11,000

Scalp from Atilla's area, thanks :)

Area was in that downtrend on 5 mins too. Great call