FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Morning

On 4 hour looks like there's trend support @ 11500 area but at the same time I have a sell signal. Trend res goes right the way up to 762

For the scalpers amongst us... the long(er) bars on the 1 min chart at 7.38 perhaps suggested a short term high with the earlier highs (~561)

SPX - 4H Charts - PP Levels

Moving in a narrowing range sideways imo. Will be looking for breakouts of the range PP-R1/S1.

PP-R1 @ 2088
PP is at 2078.
PP-S1 @ 2068

Looking a little bullish at the moment. Asia has had a strong rally too.

Same approach will wait watching market moves.

Not much opinion at the moment. Pretty neutral. Have had a reasonable good run with the recent falls so less is more for today as fwiw will maintain short bias nad look for shorting opportunities after any rises.

Attachments

• SPX_4H_150810_0756.GIF
    SPX_4H_150810_0756.GIF
    31.6 KB · Views: 122
DAX is testing PP @ 11530.

Still think it looks bullish and 11500s should hold.

Attachments

• DAX_15m_150810_0819.GIF
    DAX_15m_150810_0819.GIF
    36.7 KB · Views: 84
11526 is a horizontal supp on chart posted
will it hold ?
11552 some sort of pivot area..not sure why

11520 could hold it
trend supp and prev breakout point
any pivots there ??
11502 is a better pivot

Gunfire outside US Embassy in Istanbul... Bound to spook markets.

Will 11500 hold. I think it should.

Gold is testing 1100 whilst oil is @ $43. Asia put in a good show.
Markets need to settle but a bit of volatility kicking in...

My bull is in the corner of the field feeling a little shy right now. :rolleyes:

Attilla
soft Chinese data overnight
any effect on index ??

Saw weak JPY data but not the Chinese one. Shanhai rose 4.5%+ overnight which means news was well received.

Also, Istanbul looks more like attack on police station with some shots fired outside Embassy. Not as bad.

Short on gold from 1097 (n)

Shanghai up due to shipping mergers not data.
Data weak but this is a known and Chinese growth likely to drop back down to 3-5% levels from their highs.

Morning all, some great posts over the weekend. (y)

ftse and dax daily charts, showing plenty of room to the downside.

favoring short positions on bounces

Attachments

• ftse dax.png
    ftse dax.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Nice bounce off trend sup. I'll take that. 11500 was minor sup this morning. Had it marked. Got one bounce off there but then 2nd one was weak. Shorts and killed it off.

Morning all, some great posts over the weekend. (y)

ftse and dax daily charts, showing plenty of room to the downside.

favoring short positions on bounces

I have fear of the markets, really real fear. When it drops it's so rapid and the bottom is... well an open ? level ?

There is no justification in earnings or even future earnings potential for many of the big companies and share prices do not reflect P/E ratios imho.

We are at bubble equivalent highs and above long term average PEs. Markets purely skewed by free money and negative interest rates.

Adjustment is upon us with impending Fed hikes and still not priced in. Not to mention millions of people with mortgages who have never experienced 7% interest rates like Thatcher's children have...

(n)