FTSE 100 - Live trades as part of an exercise

A topping tail on Apple

hence short on dax and nasdaq

I have been taught that Apple is a market leader?

Attachments

• apple.png
    apple.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 151
littleangel

Well it's been an illuminating couple of days (and it's not over yet).

By my reckoning you've made 24 trades (18 today) across 7 or 8 different instruments - despite your initial post saying you were going to trade FTSE - and mostly been fighting the trends all the way. You've had 7 winners (averaging just short of 20), 2 break even,10 losers (averaging 27) and 5 still open yet to be counted.

It's not clear whether or not you're working to any sort of plan, other than something of an obdurate short fixation due to your feeling about oil - 21 trades have been short. On the face of it they look like gut feeling punts to me and a reversal chase - which is very much a beginners route - I hope I'm wrong and that you have something more sound behind the trades you took.

I hope your teacher is happy with you :) because from my perspective you're overtrading like mad - but that may be the plan.

cheers

jon

ps: oops i see another trade's arrived - 25

littleangel

By my reckoning you've made 24 trades (18 today) across 7 or 8 different instruments - despite your initial post saying you were going to trade FTSE - and mostly been fighting the trends all the way. You've had 7 winners (averaging just short of 20), 2 break even,10 losers (averaging 27) and 5 still open yet to be counted.

It's not clear whether or not you're working to any sort of plan, other than something of an obdurate short fixation due to your feeling about oil - 21 trades have been short. On the face of it they look like gut feeling punts to me and a reversal chase - which is very much a beginners route - I hope I'm wrong and that you have something more sound behind the trades you took.

I hope your teacher is happy with you :) because from my perspective you're overtrading like mad - but that may be the plan.

cheers

jon

Since you have been keeping some sort of tag, how many trades has she had open at once, because there have been margin questions about that.

littleangel

cheers

jon

over trading - yes barjon that is the plan.

It has helped me a lot as it takes the emotions out of my trading....I see a set up and trade it !!

I initially wanted to focus on the ftse but it will not allow me to trade more than 10 trades a day.

because I have learnt inter-market analysis I have to observe and learn the relationship between all the variables.

Blogging is really good fun too ...it allows me to review my thought process !! (y)

A day trader is reliant on support and resistance levels holding in order to trade the ranges

This market is going vertically in one direction hence poor performance, but once we get back to normal ...........i.e. no light volume short squeeze , the market will be much better to trade

It is only tuesday , I have until friday to recover and go back into the black

I'm afraid that you are tellng the market what to do, like you did yesterday. The fact that the market is going up vertically is all the more reason for to either join it or stay away from it. Your stops will cut you to pieces.

"None so blind as those that will not see.”

I'm afraid that you are tellng the market what to do, like you did yesterday. The fact that the market is going up vertically is all the more reason for to either join it or stay away from it. Your stops will cut you to pieces.

"None so blind as those that will not see.”

(n)

Don't blame the stops, that is dangerous newbie mentality.

Good morning and Happy New Year to everyone

My name is Yasmin. I live in Yorkshire, mother of 2 kids and I am trading full time now.

I knew nothing about the market and learnt how to day trade from my teacher.

I was initially instructed by my teacher to post on Flasheart thread, but now I have sought permission to create my own thread.

I will be trading the FTSE 100 and sharing my trades as I take them.

I am not interested in debate/argumentation as it upsets me, so feel free to waste your time posting without a reply.

from my observation there are 3 groups on trade2win

1. post live trades and make points consistently = positive
2. talk about markets all day/night but cant trade to save there life = negative
3. failed traders who have nothing better to do than post negative comments = extremely negative and bad for your trading psychology

I aim to be in group 1 , be positive and add value to Trade2win.

I hope everyone has a prosperous 2012

Hello Yasmin.

I also spread bet FTSE100. It helps me if I open DAX chart in deciding where to place my bets.

Do you observe any other indexes to get an idea about next FTSE100 move?

I can see you do short time trades. What time do you start trading? Also do you close your bets at the London close (16:30)?

Hello Yasmin.

I also spread bet FTSE100. It helps me if I open DAX chart in deciding where to place my bets.

Do you observe any other indexes to get an idea about next FTSE100 move?

I can see you do short time trades. What time do you start trading? Also do you close your bets at the London close (16:30)?

Hello nice to meet a fellow trader.

I have been taught to use the following variables in deciding the trade on ftse 100

1. Risk FX - aus/usd and eur/usd and UUP

2. Commods - Copper and oil

3. indices - Dax ,nasdaq, semi conductors, dow transports ,

4. equities - barlcays, bp , bhp billiton , marks and spencer

I am currently doing an exercise and taking a lot of trades in order to kill my 2 biggest enemies

1. Greed

2. fear

I will soon start to focus on a few trades and take the best set ups, but for now I must do my exercise