FTSE 100 - Live trades as part of an exercise

A day trader is reliant on support and resistance levels holding in order to trade the ranges

That is a wild and innacurate generalisation. I day trade and I specifically stay away from entering at support & resistance levels. That's where all the monkeys enter.

If you want a piece of advice here. You need to trade fewer markets. Try reducing it to the 1 market you mentioned when you started this thread. If you set out to trade 1 market but end up trading 6 or 7, you are being rather impulsive and that is never a good thing.

You dont HAVE to trade you know. Not being in a trade is trading too.

That is a wild and innacurate generalisation. I day trade and I specifically stay away from entering at support & resistance levels. That's where all the monkeys enter.

If you want a piece of advice here. You need to trade fewer markets. Try reducing it to the 1 market you mentioned when you started this thread. If you set out to trade 1 market but end up trading 6 or 7, you are being rather impulsive and that is never a good thing.

thank you for your advice

please read through the blog and see the title of the thread

I am undergoing an "exercise"

an exercise to kill my 2 enemies ...

greed and fear

Once the exercise is complete I will start to choose the best set ups and trade accordingly ....hopefully by next week

Attachments

• Germany 30 (DFB)10m.png
    Germany 30 (DFB)10m.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 131
thank you for your advice

please read through the blog and see the title of the thread

I am undergoing an "exercise"

an exercise to kill my 2 enemies ...

greed and fear

With each losing trade, you build up negative emotional capital. I think you'll kick greed into touch but at the expense of building up an unhealthy amount of fear.

I think you have a 3rd enemy and that is impulsiveness.

I have read the whole blog and you state clearly that "I will be trading the FTSE 100 and sharing my trades as I take them."

One of the common problems new traders have is not sticking to their own rules (and I dont mean a set of mechanical trading rules) as well as changing the way they trade frequently.

Why not make a gameplan & stick to it? We are well outside your original gameplan. Trading randomly to eliminate fear & greed is an interesting excuse but it is just that. Start over, tell yourself (and us if you like) what your plan is & stick to it.

(n)

Don't blame the stops, that is dangerous newbie mentality.

I did not say that the stops were to blame. Call them bad trades, if you wish. The SL is the last action.

To be truthful, I believe that she is paper trading. She is too free to open too many instruments to be trading real money. I hope that she is, for her sake, but it is one of the drawbacks. You are not losing real money. Where is the fear that DT mentioned?

Last edited:
Does that include yesterday's nasdaq trade? You pace is so fast and furious I'm losing track :)

Nasdaq high on IG index = 2330.7

sl= be @ 2331

apologies so it has not been hit b/e !!

I was referring all of today's trades. I will certainly be accountable to every trade , i will give 100% accuracy

I am human and can make a mistake , I welcome all errors on my behalf..please spot and notify me!!