ForexMorningTrade System

How do you backtested it?

using FMT EA + Trailing stop software, then pasted results into excel and used a formula to change profit/loss for each trade based on the balance before the trade was opened. :smart:

Why not just trade the manual system??:idea:

Not sure I trust Robots with larger lots anyway.

I missed a losing trade this week, when I checked I discovered that my connection had gone down and reconnected about 30 minutes after the trade started. That was luck on my part but it could have been bad luck if it was a winning day.
If anyone having problems with EA not functioning it would be worth looking to see if this is the problem.
Gil I would be interested in your spreadsheet..Thanks

I missed a losing trade this week, when I checked I discovered that my connection had gone down and reconnected about 30 minutes after the trade started. That was luck on my part but it could have been bad luck if it was a winning day.
If anyone having problems with EA not functioning it would be worth looking to see if this is the problem.
Gil I would be interested in your spreadsheet..Thanks

Post 546 :smart:

A friend pointed something very interesting out to me today:

If you made 5% per week and compounded it, over a year you'd make over 1000%...

I don't mind risking 5% on a trade with this system...

Regards
Dean

Well once again the EA failed me and didn't take the trade. I'm at my wits end to figure this out. It took a trade two days ago and now for the last two days nothing. I just don't get it and my EAlog is useless because it doesn't go back that far. Does anyone know how to extract the log and look at it in word or something?

Well once again the EA failed me and didn't take the trade. I'm at my wits end to figure this out. It took a trade two days ago and now for the last two days nothing. I just don't get it and my EAlog is useless because it doesn't go back that far. Does anyone know how to extract the log and look at it in word or something?
Program Files-Your Broker Name folder-Experts-Log:cheesy:

It will be on text format,save it on your desktop and forward to mark as attachment.

Are you trading only one pair or couple of pairs.
Infact EA did not open 2 of my trades this morning

I have sent an email to Mark with Expert Log files, Hope he can sort it out for me as i am trading 3 pairs at same timing.:shuriken:

yes please

Money Manager “ManageTPv2-4”

These are my settings for running default FMT plus a simple trailing stop that moves the stop to -20 at +20.

I use a 5-digit broker, so all my settings have an extra zero – eg instead of 20 pips I have to enter 200.

First target = 5000 (First target for partial profit. Not using, so set to random large number, eg 500 pips, to ensure it doesn’t trigger)
Target Increment = 5000 (Takes lots off every number of pips set here. Not using, so set to random large number)
Close Lots = 0 (Number of lots to close at each target increment. Not using, so set to 0)
Move Stops = true (Use trailing stop, true or false – set to true)
First Stop Target = 200 (Trailing stop 1, move stop up at 20 pips profit)
First Stop = -200 (Trailing stop 1, move stop to -20 pips)
Second Stop Target = 0 (Trailing stop 2, not using so set to zero - or to lock in profit, set to 350 for 35 pips, for example)
Second Stop = 0 (Trailing stop 2, not using so set to zero - or can set to 200 to move stop to 20 pips at 35 pips profit)
Use Max Loss = False (Activates hard stop – not using as FMT has its own stop)
Max Loss = 0 (Number of pips for hard stop, not using)
Magic Number = 12345 (Use same magic number as you are using in the FMT EA)

Test this first on a demo to make sure it’s working properly for you. Depending on your broker you may need to use 20 instead of 200, etc.
The only glitch I’ve found with this software is that it doesn’t like being altered once it’s running. This can cause it to close the trade immediately. So make sure you have the settings exactly as you want them, and have tested it first on a demo, before turning it on.

Good luck!

Thanks for that. I have just tested your strategy 3 with money management of 5% risk per trade for Jan 1st 2008 to Aug 31st 2010 starting with $4000.

Results are awesome.

Trailing stop strategy 3 + 5% risk
---------------------------------------
Total trades - 386
Total wins - 197 (51.04%)
max drawdown - 16%
max consecutive losses - 8 (happened once in May 2009)
Total profit - $78,678.76

5% risk per trade without trailing stop strategy
-------------------------------------------------------

Total trades - 386
Total wins - 225 (58.29%)
max drawdown - 26%
max consecutive losses - 6
Total profit - $56,104

As you can see the trailing stops give you more losses, but those losses are smaller because they are not always 40 pips resulting in better profits.

Edit: Oh btw, 10% risk would result in $182k

wow, that's fantastic! I didn't know you could backtest with a trailing stop strategy. Thanks for doing that. Could you possibly do the same period with Strategy 2 ? Just one trailing stop, moving stop to -20 at +20. I'd be really interested to know the difference over the longer term, as they have very similar results in the short term...

Uh, I hope that you are better now :).
Thanks for your feedbacks; I usually let the EA do the work but I add a trailing stop of 20-25 pips according to the volatility of the moment.

Is that giving you better results than using default settings?

Yup, I agree with you. Maybe not in Usa, maybe not in Europe since we are a sort of servants of Us decisions in the economic field (such as cutting the shorts) but there are known and respectable Fx brokers in other countries that will go on the way they are used to.

Don't be surprised if you see an outbreak of liberty in the US in the coming few years, economic and otherwise.

A lot of us are getting mighty tired of being pushed around by you-know-who...:mad:

Program Files-Your Broker Name folder-Experts-Log:cheesy:

It will be on text format,save it on your desktop and forward to mark as attachment.

Are you trading only one pair or couple of pairs.
Infact EA did not open 2 of my trades this morning
\

Thanks, but my log file is empty - I will contact someone at my broker to see if they can help me figure out why I have no log files.

wow, that's fantastic! I didn't know you could backtest with a trailing stop strategy. Thanks for doing that. Could you possibly do the same period with Strategy 2 ? Just one trailing stop, moving stop to -20 at +20. I'd be really interested to know the difference over the longer term, as they have very similar results in the short term...

Ok,

Trailing stop strategy 2 + 5% risk
---------------------------------------
Total trades - 386
Total wins - 180 (46.63%)
max drawdown - 15.45%
max consecutive losses - 9
Total profit - $90,989.64

Hi trade2win Hi marfric

I have a question to you marfric.

I will not attack you now
it's just a question that interests me

I have seen good results here on this board from your system / EA

Now my question is why are you selling this system for 97$ if you could make a living with this system??

Hi trade2win Hi marfric

I have a question to you marfric.

I will not attack you now
it's just a question that interests me

I have seen good results here on this board from your system / EA

Now my question is why are you selling this system for 97$ if you could make a living with this system??

Hi mate i dont think marks around but its a simlpe system that makes about1000-1500 pts a year how much would you charge

Nice nice trades today,
+15pips EURUSD
+40pips GBPUSD
Thanks a lot Mark F.
Good Weekend to all

PONKO,

I see you trade EurUsd with FMT at London breakout, how well is it doing compared to GbpUsd ? Do you use same settings ?

thanks !..(y)