Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
your risking 85 to win 30 odt. Good call in adavnce

Not really risking 85 , only having stop far enough not to get taken out of a good trade.I called three advance trades yesterday , all of which would have survived a 100 pip stop and would have made 40 pips , yesterday I got taken out twice with small stops of 45*2*2 = loss of 180 .The price reached what I predicted,i.e the entry price +pips.

Long e/gbp 0.9070 stop 20

Morning all

Has anyone notice we are in an a daily inside bar of an inside bar on the eur/gbp.
It is also an inside bar of an inside bar on the hourly
also the same on the 15 min.
Is there going to be a super mega breakout.
It only has 25 pips to go to reach the holding bar

this is some wedge guys which way will it go

Attachments

• snapshot-54.png
    snapshot-54.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 121
Just woke up to a nice one.
Only time i can get a bit of a runner is when im asleep! lol

Light trading for the rest of the day, if any.

Attachments

• 6E 03-10  04_03_2010 (10 Min).jpg
    6E 03-10 04_03_2010 (10 Min).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 126
G M

Wait for e /usd to get oversold or overbought , at 1.3600 or 1.3700,trade the reversal if any.

Buy stop at yesterday's high plus 30 = 1.3753

morning --- and julian your above post will be heading in the right direction ( north to the right side of the wall (lol)

im long eur/gbp..9075 s/l 66. Hoping Ive got the breakout in the right direction>if not I might have to stop and reverse.

EG? ..eerrrr it can break out all of a sudden and likewise can stay idle for a long time. No set up for me.

however, with BOE rates coming up, sterling should move significantly different from euro, hence EG has potential volatility. Again, is there any surprise in BOE? Has it been priced in? don't know..

back to inside bars and wedge.. that's what we can see.. right? ;)

Levels for today

Buy EU Above 1.3680
Buy GU Above 1.5077

Sell GU below 1.5021 on the bounce [ i.e, after it has gone below first ]
Sell EU on break of 1.3600

UJ stay short below 88.45

My method normally takes one side. Today is exceptional.

HI temp could you explain that trade in a bit more detail please. why,stop,target,etc
Thanks

Hey.
The reason i was willing to hold it overnight and not putting in a small 'take profit' limit is because it was base on the hourly chart. Nearly all of my live trades in this thread are based off of small timeframes (5min, tick chart etc)

It was based on the hourly chart.
i generally like to fade moves on the bigger timeframes. No t really becasue im a contrarian, but im simply better at it and have more success. If i try to jump on a trend on a move on an hourly timeframe that has alsread moved 400 pips over a few days, I WILL buy the top!
I was looking at how big th emoves had been on each swing up, and basically looking to fade a similarly sized move on teh next run. So i was 'looking' for a short from around 1.3700.
Now, the actualy entry. I actually missed it because i was watching 'American Dad'! I was waiting for a reversal bar on the hourly, or for one of my custom indicators to trigger or an inside bar. My entry should have been on the break of that inside bar that i circled, but I was about 14 pips too late as wasn't watching the screen as mentioned. Usually if i miss a trade like that, ill forget about it, but in this instance i desided to go for it still.
My stop would have been the swing high it had just made at 1.3740, so 40 pips
I generally look to make twice my risk on these sorts of trade. Nearly made it. Im not very good at running profits, and when i saw cable spike down and rally again fast, i decided to cut the trade. At least at this second it looks like a good choice. We'll see.

Attachments

• 6E 03-10  04_03_2010 (60 Min).jpg
    6E 03-10 04_03_2010 (60 Min).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 113