Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
interesting --- do you have a target vaco ??? by the way joseff its master trader vaco you should be taking a bow too ---- as mentioned in (posts 12621 and 12594) not this duffer:eek:

srry be,

was out on the school run and only just saw your post, playing by feel on the exit anything 40+ is a good result, looking to see the reaction at 1.600 but may let it run if it falls through. using weekly pivots as a guide but i would have to let it run over the weekend to hit s1 on the weekly.

A portion of days range seems more appropriate so 5950 would be a good exit.

interesting by the way joseff its master trader vaco you should be taking a bow too ---- as mentioned in (posts 12621 and 12594) not this duffer:eek:

I can duff it with the best of them be-p :p

seriously if trading was only about analysis i'd be living the dream and have more money then I know what to do with by now.

Unfortunately thats only a very small piece of the puzzle.

For me anyway the hard part is dealing with bad runs losing streaks in a way thats not destructive

and

dealing with good runs winning streaks in a way that wont become destructive.

Today is a good example of me having a duff day, although not one of my worst:cheesy:

Completely forgot we had NFP coming out today otherwise i would have bagged the 40-50 when I had them.

Now i'm sat in a trade that I either close now for +15-20 or wait for the NFP fireworks:whistling

Today is a good example of me having a duff day, although not one of my worst:cheesy:

Completely forgot we had NFP coming out today otherwise i would have bagged the 40-50 when I had them.

Now i'm sat in a trade that I either close now for +15-20 or wait for the NFP fireworks:whistling

Difficult call, we all know how the markets react to NFP, if I were if your position , which I'm not, I'd be flat going into NFP,which I am, I'd bank the profits, wait for it to settle and start again, to manic for me.:)

Cant see any point if your in the pips, holding an open position, turns into gambling imho

short eurusd 1.4239 stop 1.4251
targeting 1.4214.
Playing a range trade here while waiting for a breakout of the channel. I'd prefer to see a downward break.

Attachments

• eurusd 028.gif
    eurusd 028.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 102
The spike up to 1.4270 may have cleared out the weak shorts. We're currently off about 25 pips from the high. Looking to try one more time.

Peter

From the chart we see a false upside breakout, then a fast drop to the bottom channel line. As per my post above I preferred a short when the bottom line was broken, but eur already dropped about 55 pips so I may have missed the big move for this session. Hindsight is 20-20 of course but I should have taken the short on the 1st candle closing back under the 1.4245 line. Missed this opportunity.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd 029.gif
    eurusd 029.gif
    11 KB · Views: 90
bp i'm concerned about your trading you and i are often in the same trades!!! i'm looking for 142. and then to move my stop to 14.224

not live i know but just thought i'd mention it.

Attachments

• ScreenShot003.bmp
    3 MB · Views: 74