Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Easily done,

I'm normally good around the 09:30 and 13:30 news releases, its all the others that pop up from time to time that catch me out.

As part of my daily routine, I always check the diary every morning before I trade, I did as normal today and ironically even posted a reminder of a news release this am, but for some reason, I failed to remembe and act on the US data. So as my trading plan dictates, time to stop trading, and review the day, if I can overlook such a simple things as a news release, then I'm not prepared to put my any more money on the line today. I need to understand where I went wrong and why it happened.

m15 and upwards are still trending up, but you would need a stop below 1.34

I'm not lowering my stop any further, it's against my trading strategy so I'd rather take a loss and besides we might get another rise up yet.

It's looking oversold at the moment.

I'm not lowering my stop any further, it's against my trading strategy so I'd rather take a loss and besides we might get another rise up yet.

Only you can make that decision

I'm not suggesting that you do, merely airing my take on the TA.

m15 and upwards are still trending up, but you would need a stop below 1.34

I suppose, and it should be, we all interpret and record things differently,hence why we all should make our own decisions. My M15 direction attached

Attachments

• Noname.jpg
    Noname.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 116
I suppose, and it should be, we all interpret and record things differently,hence why we all should make our own decisions. My M15 direction attached

If I was trading m15 I would call that a pullback, maybe an opportunity to go long?

Attachments

• Bigger Picture.png
    Bigger Picture.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 108
If I was trading m15 I would call that a pullback, maybe an opportunity to go long?

Agree with your view, just confirms what we all know, there are so many different ways to intrepret and analyse charts, and as such, why we all trade differently and so we should. Its good to see how others view one another perception of what is happening, and at the end of the day, if we all make ££££ from it, marvellous. Nice chart by the way, as you know and seen, I like mine KISS, very little on it.

Ignore the pips, it's not relevant to the point I want to make, and for the remainder of the year I'm playing 4 pairs off 1/2 hr TFs, no new swings...

The euro swissy took a quick stab down to S2 (12,870) on the 14:30 candle, then retreated back up to cicrca 12900 in what felt like a heartbeat. I know we all use various indicators/patterns/trend lines etc. but when you see price *behave* like that you realise how small retail players (that's us folks) are in the game. Makes you also realise that they (indicators) should be used as nothing more than points to keep your disciplined; "what gets you in might get you out" and as such strict money management should come into play if you correctly use indicators.

That spike down, (seen it happen a thousand times) is best illustrated on HA, was surely the market (+makers?) collectively testing S2, doubtless the market was also stop hunting (not your broker the market).

Now I'm as hard core technical as they come but S+R, Pivots, big round or looming numbers, volume...you can't fight the matrix..:eek:

Just for Trendie there's a couple of losses at the start of today, iirc I was 70+ down on the closed trades and 30 down on the live trades at one stage..Which again, not trying to teach, but as you can see took a fifty hit on the Euro pfftt..wtf, we're all men aren't we? ;) Early days I might have puked for the day when 100 pips offside, but if you truly have self confidence in your edge then you'll win through..for example, I didn't get all my lost pips back on the EUR/USD but you can clearly see me *fighting* to get it back..

Attachments

• fx graph 313.png
    fx graph 313.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 157
  • fx graph 314.png
    fx graph 314.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 151
  • fx graph 315.png
    fx graph 315.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 145
  • fx graph 316.png
    fx graph 316.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited by a moderator:
so, BS, you take the overnight breakout, and target the nearest Pivot Point in the direction of the breakout??

(also, thanks for posting a couple of losing trades. :) )

so, BS, you take the overnight breakout, and target the nearest Pivot Point in the direction of the breakout??

(also, thanks for posting a couple of losing trades. :) )

You're most welcome bud, it is what it is, warts and all..Gonna try and take 100+ per day from now until Xmas Eve. As for the entry strat nope you're way off, it's simply a coin toss, today = won 3 lost 3...;)

leerees,
have you deleted your myfxbook details??
unless I got the wrong page, you no longer have any trades to display?
weird

Long EUR/USD + SHORT EUR/USD

Im still waiting to see how this works. Ive been trying to stay away from indiferent posting because I seem to be alone and am quickly attacked, but this takes some explaining. If you enter at the same time,all the time both positions are running you are square. If you take some of then you have a net position that you could have taken at that same point,so what is the point in the first place. Sorry if I dont know what Im talking about and am on a different planet to the rest of you.

Have gone long on G/U overnight trade
Long entry at 1.5767 SL 90 PT1 1.5918, PT2 1.5970 PT3 1.6000
Will use trailing stop when in good profit.