Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember: 10:00 Currency: eur EUR Euro-Zone Medium Impact News

I'm sure you have all remembered, hehe

On the fence here, until news/data out of the way

ok I've grabbed myself $120 from a quick short scalp trade, I'm long now and my SL is set at $120 loss.

Ready and waiting for the news. In long with 1 lots.

Guys, if you set a trailing stop do you have to set a SL first?

YES, always set a stop loss. Your trailing stop only kicks in if prices moves in your direction by the amount of the stop loss. In otherwords , if price immediately goes against you after entry your trailing stop will never activate.

Peter

she's getting ready for the drop on the 1M chart.

Personally I wouldn't use the M1 to call a drop, higher t/f for direction, lower t/f to guage the entry, I'm in long mode this am, currently long EU, nothing to say down yet imho

good call dino, it went the other way, I managed to catch a long position on the way up. That long is still currently open.

must admit, I'm having a tough time keeping up with leerees calls. mega-hectic.

will read his myfxbook at end of day.

meantime, EU caught me out, and wrong-footed me. was on right side of GU and EJ, but are choppy.

Guys, if you set a trailing stop do you have to set a SL first?

Before I finished up last night I had 2 small loosers, happy to take around a 10 pip loss on each I set my trailing stop to 10 pips.

I woke up last night (around 4am) and decided to check on my trades and for some reason my trailing stops didn't stop out and I had to manually set the SL, now at a great loss.

What did I do wrong, why didn't MT4 stop the orders out before?

Hi Leerees - Mt4 trailing stops work only if the terminal is open. Otherwise it will use hard stops.

good call dino, it went the other way, I managed to catch a long position on the way up. That long is still currently open.

Not really a call, just following a higher t/f momentum with lower t/f or tick to get into the move, along the way. I don't call tops or bottoms, I prefer to let the big boys drive the price where ever they want to take it, and jump on board whenever possible. Confluence of the 2 t/f's keeps me on the right side, having said that, I have, like most on occasions, break my own rules, easily done, and more often than not I get clouted.

Guys what cracking?

still long at 1.3467 and 1.3481.

I know we are in a downtrend but if this breaks that resistence point at 1.3488 we could be off to the moon.

Of course IF it breaks, just got to wait and see now. Any thoughts?

Guys what cracking?

still long at 1.3467 and 1.3481.

I know we are in a downtrend but if this breaks that resistence point at 1.3488 we could be off to the moon.

Of course IF it breaks, just got to wait and see now. Any thoughts?

i am long myself on a swing trade from 13430 but i will be holding this a long time

4.gif

Dont have a trend on the t/f I'm trading at the minute, waiting for a trend to develop. 2/3/4 Hours trending up. HA on the M15, trendless since 11:15 imo, until I get a m15 trending HA candle, I'll stay out, flat and on the fence.

must admit, I'm having a tough time keeping up with leerees calls. mega-hectic.

will read his myfxbook at end of day.

meantime, EU caught me out, and wrong-footed me. was on right side of GU and EJ, but are choppy.

yes ej is not playing nice this week, its trending but in a very grumpy old man fasion.

Still I've done ok just seems I have to wait tll later in the day If I want to get out at the pivot.