Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
short 34 22 pip stop
shd be OK there bud, just part signalled for a swing..Sounds as though you've had a good week, Fridays can be poor so yep, perhaps end the week confident and ready to squeeze out a few more pips over the last ten days or so..Catch up with you soon..

shd be OK there bud, just part signalled for a swing..Sounds as though you've had a good week, Fridays can be poor so yep, perhaps end the week confident and ready to squeeze out a few more pips over the last ten days or so..Catch up with you soon..

I'm good for the day, got another short on from 35 which I didn't live call which should go for 50+ if 111.00 doesn't hold.

Been a very good week for me. Next week will be my last week trading until the new year and even then I wont start again till the second week in.

I always seem to do poorly when the kids are off school, not sure if its that my sons home or that the markets are choppier but either way i'm better off just enjoying the time with my family.

I'm good for the day, got another short on from 35 which I didn't live call which should go for 50+ if 111.00 doesn't hold.

Been a very good week for me. Next week will be my last week trading until the new year and even then I wont start again till the second week in.

I always seem to do poorly when the kids are off school, not sure if its that my sons home or that the markets are choppier but either way i'm better off just enjoying the time with my family.

Nice one, I took a few small TF trades this morning (3), OK 100 pips +, but have swung a few pairs, which is were my wages are, I'm trading right up to the 24th..I've actually found the summer holidays to be the worst, close to the end Aug/early Sept. Gotta go, talk soon.

The second trade today should have been the first as a break out to the down side but i took that 'risky long' which was risky because price had not gone up enough.

Was still long when I went short and I should have got out the long at that point for a -10 but I froze in fear of been whipped about and losing on both trades.

3rd trade was to plan.

so two good trades and one bad with the right result for each.:smart:

calling it a day now.

good luck guys.

Attachments

• todays trades.png
    todays trades.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 124
possible long set up on eu ? (risk/reward ~ 1/1)

Attachments

• e.JPG
    e.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 114
The second trade today should have been the first as a break out to the down side but i took that 'risky long' which was risky because price had not gone up enough.

Was still long when I went short and I should have got out the long at that point for a -10 but I froze in fear of been whipped about and losing on both trades.

3rd trade was to plan.

so two good trades and one bad with the right result for each.:smart:

calling it a day now.

good luck guys.

Oi! Get that 5hitty little stoch indicator off your charts..:LOL: Meant to ask have you had any positive slippage from fxcm and or dbfx this week? Happened to me a few times, good proof that (on all levels) they're both deffo NDD?

Here's a few charts on the 3 stocking fillers this morning, taken off 30 min charts, took them as a conservative punt given the swing indicators were starting to creak and alert, the Euro trade is a thing of beauty;

Attachments

• fx graph 310.png
    fx graph 310.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 125
  • fx graph 311.png
    fx graph 311.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 115
  • fx graph 312.png
    fx graph 312.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 119
Oi! Get that 5hitty little stoch indicator off your charts..:LOL: Meant to ask have you had any positive slippage from fxcm and or dbfx this week? Happened to me a few times, good proof that (on all levels) they're both deffo NDD?

Here's a few charts on the 3 stocking fillers this morning, taken off 30 min charts, took them as a conservative punt given the swing indicators were starting to creak and alert, the Euro trade is a thing of beauty;

BS, so you buy or sell "towards" the pivot as profit target, as long as the range breaks in the correct direction?
shirley, that's too easy?

EDIT: eyeballing the charts a bit more, do you take the range break and target whichever is "in the way", beit pivot, R1 or S1, etc?

nice one mate,

yes I've had positive slippage a few times both on limit orders and at market orders and never a delay on the fill apart from that once on friday.

Out of all the firms I've used (IG CMC ALPARI) FXCM has my vote, charting, execution and customer service is top notch, just look at how jason rogers replies to all queries in the fxcm thread.

BS, so you buy or sell "towards" the pivot as profit target, as long as the range breaks in the correct direction?
shirley, that's too easy?

Surely it has to be kept simple when trading multiple instruments?

People get annoyed when he shows 200, 300 pip gains but they forget that it is over several pairs, nothing extraordinary about any one of those trades but together they add up to a tidy sum.

Surely it has to be kept simple when trading multiple instruments?

People get annoyed when he shows 200, 300 pip gains but they forget that it is over several pairs, nothing extraordinary about any one of those trades but together they add up to a tidy sum.

Vince, thats a good point.
The excellent 3-digit returns are to be seen across 4, sometimes upto 6 charts.
On average, based on the charts shown, the returns are about 30-50 pips per chart.
But, you never know which s going to be the runner.
Anyway, good solid returns.
I am wondering whether I should look at pivots for my perennial problem of being left behind on ballistic moves?

this method might actually "be" him!
hope not! the guy on the site is called Colin. I always thought BS would be a Tristran or Bertrand. :cheesy:

anyway, LF, good link. might review it over weekend.

EDIT: wahey! he has pdfs of his trades, and he shows entry and exit prices.
I feel a number-crunch coming on...

Lol, perhaps Julian,paul,Peter,Pete,Vince,Rob,Liam and all the others should take a vote on what to call him