Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
target is 1.3775, +38

This has been a great start,as my r/r is generally above 2;1 and my stop 25 pip average, i can have 6 losers and still be a little ahead

im off to coast with kids so hopefully will come back to another winner.catch you all later

short EU 13823

Morning guys, was watching the EU short too, but not in yet...i'll probably wait for a 5min close below the 50%. DOW futs ticking up...

what arev your feeling about heikin ashi bars and there timescales,thanks

Echo what Dinos states up thread they are easier to read, be a nightmare for trading off v.short TFs as they smooth the price causing a slight lag between *real* price and the charts. Play around with them (switching between the two variations) and see what you think..

Havn't really kept up to speed with this thread this week, can see a few things have altered were your trading is concerned, nice one, if I can offer a bit of advice you should have stopped the other day when you hit your 50+ and today likewise given you knew your attention was diverted. Why not set yourself a target of circa 50 pips and that's it? Hit it in 1-2 trades the day ends... Just a thought, tell me to mind my own biz etc..;)

Anyhow, a couple of small TF trades for me this morning, far too late on the second entry, that's it for the day.

Attachments

• fx graphic 1281010.png
    fx graphic 1281010.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 99
I can't see why it shouldn't 'collapse' - so far as it doesn't go over the high.

Or if that EU report at 10:00 is exceptionally good for E.

Well - that's a choppy ride. Anyway I'll stay as long as it doesn't go above 8:00 15 min candle high (round 30 pips risk from my entry)

Well - that's a choppy ride. Anyway I'll stay as long as it doesn't go above 8:00 15 min candle high (round 30 pips risk from my entry)

Out at 13853. I'll leave it till NY open for some other trading opportunities.

I can relate to Black Swans thought that some daily target might be a better approach.
This helps to smooth out equity curves, as already pointed out by Vaco.

The frustration of a bad morning can sometimes be dealt with by trading the Session Americano.
It has its own volatility, direction and range breaks to play.
It allows the chance to have 2 chances. If you're wackypete, you might also add the overnight ranges.

The benefits of trading the US after a bad morning is that because you have to wait until the US session starts, it gives you time to stop thinking of immediate revenge trading.

EDIT: I write this having got hung out to dry on the GU break to the downside reversed into a ballistic up-move! :rolleyes:

stop now at 1.3827

still a 9 point risk on the table

was tempted to take the 25 points but will hold it